It’s time we took crypto currency serious. **My FAQ inside

WVU

• Replies 281
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On 5/6/2021 at 12:28 PM, WVU said:

OMI has been garbage.  Sinking like a rock just like the interest in NFTs

Ecomi has been mismanaged horribly by the team. But youve had an obvious irrational hatred of NFTs from the beginning.

Z1s from zed run are flying off the shelves for 40k each. Ridiculous stuff on ethernity is going for almost a mil. Overland just sold the Eiffel tower for 300k or so.

Personally, I recently sold a Donny on VeVe for 27k. (I have 19 more, too. With far better mints.)

I think you just don't like the *idea* of this whole thing. Which is fine, I get it. I don't like the *idea* of doge having a 100 billion dollar mc. Ada is a good coin though. I also really like cards and occam. They've been good to me this past month.

3 hours ago, tailsyoulose said:

Ecomi has been mismanaged horribly by the team. But youve had an obvious irrational hatred of NFTs from the beginning.

Z1s from zed run are flying off the shelves for 40k each. Ridiculous stuff on ethernity is going for almost a mil. Overland just sold the Eiffel tower for 300k or so.

Personally, I recently sold a Donny on VeVe for 27k. (I have 19 more, too. With far better mints.)

I think you just don't like the *idea* of this whole thing. Which is fine, I get it. I don't like the *idea* of doge having a 100 billion dollar mc. Ada is a good coin though. I also really like cards and occam. They've been good to me this past month.

is there anything in the nft world you would buy right now?

at some point i think the supply/demand while be overwhelmingly bad, i look at it like the 1992-93 fleer ultra nba series 2 cards, they printed so freaking many that it killed the entire sports card markets for decades

5 hours ago, tailsyoulose said:

Yeah you are right.  Verve has left a bad taste in my mouth.  I hope you make a ton but I don’t think it’s for me.  I do have a small collection but getting 200 alert messages about that damn ultraman nft only to get shut out every time got old.

10 hours ago, tailsyoulose said:

Seems the gravy train is over at VeVe. If you see something new, post it. TIA

^^^^ for a tech type of play (nothing to do with NFTs) check out truebit. 

It outsources heavy computation to a sidechain, making intense computing possible on ETH (or any other chain). Think matic or some L2 based sidechain, except it can handle any computation at all without increasing network burden, and can be done in any programming language.

The tokenomics are a bit weird - supply increases as price goes up due to minting mechanisms. So as price goes 2x the MC will go 4x. Because of that it's not a super moonshot, but the current mc is only 280M. And I think it could rival chainlink as far as utility. Could be a 20b plus project.

Dyor on this one though. Like I said tokenomics are weird. 

The chart for truebit is wild. The linear price increase was due to nonstop demand and reflects the bonding curve under token minting. Then a single whale removed all of their liquidity from uniswap, and dumped it all in one trade. Lol. 

The price dropped all the way from 1.3 to 20c. It's been recovering since then, but the bonding curve will go back into effect if it reaches the previous all time high (which is pegged to eth, not usd). My short term target is 3.00 for this one.

I also really like matic and have been very long on that for a while now. 

And ILV - check that one out for sure. It's the first AAA blockchain based game and it's gonna blow people away. Autobattler kind of like pokemon, and the look is beautiful. I'd recommend joining the discord and seeing what it's all about before buying. But I think it's a solid play - considering that shit games like Alice and axie have stupid MCs of over 500M. This one is under 40M. It's a no brainer for me. But the game won't be out til late this year. Until then expect the price to trade around 70-75. But when it blows up....

16 hours ago, tailsyoulose said:

TYL...how  are you getting your money out of VEVE?  Like that 27k?  Or do you just have it sitting in gems on the app?  I sold my OMI, but still have a small bit of money (gems) sitting on the app and a few NFTs, but there isn’t a way to convert yet is there?

3 hours ago, IAG said:

TYL...how  are you getting your money out of VEVE?  Like that 27k?  Or do you just have it sitting in gems on the app?  I sold my OMI, but still have a small bit of money (gems) sitting on the app and a few NFTs, but there isn’t a way to convert yet is there?

No mtl yet and honestly that may take a while. You can sell them for crypto but you want to find a reputable escrow, which you can do in the telegram channels. You will likely have to offer a discount too. 

I'm putting my whole account on sale at the moment, for 1 mil.

16 hours ago, milwaukee mike said:

is there anything in the nft world you would buy right now?

at some point i think the supply/demand while be overwhelmingly bad, i look at it like the 1992-93 fleer ultra nba series 2 cards, they printed so freaking many that it killed the entire sports card markets for decades

I'm buying zed horses, ioi cars, voexdeus boxes, bored apes, and a few other things. Most of em I really don't have any intention to sell. I just like em. Gonna put em in digital frames in my game room.

32 minutes ago, tailsyoulose said:

No mtl yet and honestly that may take a while. You can sell them for crypto but you want to find a reputable escrow, which you can do in the telegram channels. You will likely have to offer a discount too. 

I'm putting my whole account on sale at the moment, for 1 mil.

Mtl?  I’m not familiar with what that means?  I assume you mean cash out option?      So you can sell the NFTs to someone and transfer on VEVE is that what you are saying?   So u sold something for 27k but it’s not in gems now or is?   And then that person is left hoping they can cash gems out?

4 minutes ago, IAG said:

Mtl?  I’m not familiar with what that means?  I assume you mean cash out option?      So you can sell the NFTs to someone and transfer on VEVE is that what you are saying?   So u sold something for 27k but it’s not in gems now or is?   And then that person is left hoping they can cash gems out?

Sorry, money transfer license. It's a huge deal for regulatory compliance. They also need to do serious checks for anti money laundering compliance. Its a huge pain in the ass to get one and generally takes a long time 

6 minutes ago, tailsyoulose said:

Sorry, money transfer license. It's a huge deal for regulatory compliance. They also need to do serious checks for anti mint laundering compliance. Its a huge pain in the ass to get one and generally takes a long time 

Gotcha.  I guess I don’t think many people realize that you can’t get your money out for a while.  I did flip my $17 unicorn for about $80 lol or so but can’t do anything with the gems except buy more and NFTs I guess. 

edit... just saw your response. I didn’t know you could transfer your gems  on the app. That makes sense. I was wondering about selling them at a discount if you had made a profit on a flip. That’s probably the way to do it unless you want to stay in the space..I may sell my other NFTs and try to work a deal like that or wait it out.

I have next to nothing invested in there so I’m not that worried about it. I have enough to handle with crypto so I probably will not explore that space any further at least until after the crypto bull run where people have made their money and are looking to buy if they are still popular. It’s hard for me to understand but I guess are still buying them.

29 minutes ago, IAG said:

Gotcha.  I guess I don’t think many people realize that you can’t get your money out for a while.  I did flip my $17 unicorn for about $80 lol or so but can’t do anything with the gems except buy more and NFTs I guess. 

edit... just saw your response. I didn’t know you could transfer your gems  on the app. That makes sense. I was wondering about selling them at a discount if you had made a profit on a flip. That’s probably the way to do it unless you want to stay in the space..I may sell my other NFTs and try to work a deal like that or wait it out.

I have next to nothing invested in there so I’m not that worried about it. I have enough to handle with crypto so I probably will not explore that space any further at least until after the crypto bull run where people have made their money and are looking to buy if they are still popular. It’s hard for me to understand but I guess are still buying them.

I'm on a lot of moonshots. ILV and truebit are the ones I'm most hyped for right now.

Some others I'm holding waiting for signs of life. GET. TRAC. AIOZ. BEPRO. FINE. Many others. Most of those will tank tbh, I just see enough huge upside to justify them.

3 hours ago, tailsyoulose said:

Until they get a MTL no funds made from sales will be able to leave the app. The workaround is to sell your gems to someone for crypto, then transfer them the gems in the app (which you can still do). 

How do you transfer gems in the app? I’m not seeing that.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/10/2021 at 7:13 AM, raiders72 said:

Seems the gravy train is over at VeVe. If you see something new, post it. TIA

Scratch my previous post, I'm still on ILV and am holding the truebit for now, but everything else has been sold for cardano ecosystem tokens (mainly CARDS).

Something you may want to look into is staking LP for either CARDS, C3, or GERO. You can do this on cardstarters site and earn CSWAP for it. The underlying asset being staked doesn't even matter to me (although the APR is best for cards) - it's the CSWAP that I think will be worth a ton.