• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• sleepy

• FISHHEAD

• mikeman

• RaiseThese

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Things are collapsing in NY and they cant figure out why. Apparently no one is going to NY business's

Meanwhile on the local news here(we have vaccine mandates starting in bars/rest), they say it should have no effect on business since mpls and st paul have a fairly high % of vaccinated people.  it doesn't occur to them that the unvaxxed are the ones who have been going out this whole time.:laugh

18 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Things are collapsing in NY and they cant figure out why. Apparently no one is going to NY business's

Meanwhile on the local news here(we have vaccine mandates starting in bars/rest), they say it should have no effect on business since mpls and st paul have a fairly high % of vaccinated people.  it doesn't occur to them that the unvaxxed are the ones who have been going out this whole time.:laugh

It's a shame for hard working people in those cities, but they deserve what they get.  Personally, I'm crossing off every single city that has a mask or vaccine mandate as a place to visit and do business with until some sensible citizens vote accordingly for some actual leadership vs garbage like De Blasio and Cuomo, Lightfoot, the Portland governor, etc.

It's seems to be nothing but the freezing cold states that have this lunacy outside of Commiefornia/Oregon/Washington/NV full of Commiefornia people.  I'll just enjoy the sunny south!

52 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I heard the dumbest thing ever on the local radio this morning, apparently students in the st paul school district are planning on walking out, they're demanding that they should all be forced to wear N -95 masks all day and be tested daily.  :laugh

Future leaders.

I would go to remote learning then. Fuk them. If you think that way then you have no chance in life.

We're now post peak across the board, looks like cases peaked around Jan 8th, hospitalizations peaked around the 14-15th. This is right on schedule to previous estimates of Jan 7-15, not all states have peaked , that'll happen likely by the end of this week or perhaps early next.  it's finally over folks.

Broadway, I wonder where all the people went?

Broadway’s latest challenge is wooing audiences after a string of December cancellations and widespread Omicron concern. At “Girl From the North Country” last week, many seats were empty just 10 minutes before curtain.

But there’s a new problem: Audiences are vanishing.

During the week that ended Jan. 9, just 62 percent of seats were occupied. That’s the lowest attendance has been since a week in 2003 when musicians went on strike, and it’s a precipitous drop from the January before the pandemic, when 94 percent of seats were filled during the first week after the holidays.

The casualty list is growing. Over the last month, nine shows have decided to close their doors, at least temporarily. “To Kill a Mockingbird,” a huge hit before the pandemic, announced last week that it would close until June; on Sunday “Ain’t Too Proud,” a successful jukebox musical about the Temptations, closed for good.

Box-office grosses are falling off a cliff. The all-important Christmas and New Year’s weeks, which producers count on each year to fatten their coffers in anticipation of the lean weeks that follow, generated just $40 million this season, down from $99 million before the pandemic. Requests for ticket refunds are now so high that on some days some shows have negative wraps, meaning they are giving back more money than they are taking in.

“This is the worst I have ever experienced,” said Jack Viertel, a longtime executive at Jujamcyn Theaters, which operates five Broadway houses.