Welcome to Minneapolis

sleepy

• Replies 959
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, MonkeyF0cker said:

We had an officer at our high school.

I think we were one of the last classes to have open lunch where you could drive to wherever you wanted for lunch.  Also had a PE bowling class at the bowling alley.  Now they’re locked in the school like prisoners.

We had open lunches and a lot of kids had cars. There were 7 periods but you only took 6 classes, if you scheduled your classes right you could get a 2 hour off campus lunch. 

It was great.

Then the next year they started forced busing of Compton kids to our school. They didn't have access to cars and spent their lunch time sitting on neighborhood lawns with boom boxes.

Open lunches were soon terminated...

i bet some parts of minneapolis just like massachusetts

long time ago l.mallet sr who was likely fuking exhauseted took us to concord for a soccer game. we needed water so we went to a general store. regular sunday about 11am. it was closed

"what a pack of assholes..........what a fuking pack of assholes" he kept saying

right near train tracks where me and his sons placed pennies on the tracks. first time ive ever done that 

guy worked out of a early 80s camaro for a good bit. and he wasnt a drug addict just unlucky 

• 3 weeks later...

Even in the suburbs ya’ll have some loony libs.  Dudes pitbull climbs a roof into a neighbor‘s fenced in back yard for the 3rd time and starts mauling his golden retiever.  Man can’t get him off so ends him with a knife. Pitbull owner blames the neighbor for killing his violent and uncontrolled dog andnot being a good neighbor.

I see the sales tax increase in st paul passed by a wide margin, giving them the honor of having the highest sales tax in the state and in history, those roads should be perfect there from now on huh? :deemer

Mounds view on the other hand(which is near me) rejected a tax increase, I had already started planning shopping changes to make sure I wouldn't pay them a dime, now that's off.

Sales tax increase passes in St. Paul, 2 wards will need to be finalized

St. Paul residents have cast their votes on a 1% sales tax referendum and a fast-changing City Council.

Sales tax increase

Residents voted to implement a 1% sales tax in the city over the next 20 years to pay for roads and parks.

The increase passed with 60.19% of votes, with all precincts counted.

The tax increase will go into effect in April.

Officials said St. Paul would collect nearly $1 billion in revenue over the next two decades with the tax increase. It would generate $738 million for road improvement and reconstruction projects and $246 million for improvements to Parks and Recreation facilities.

“I think it’s important to have good infrastructure and if sales tax is what we need to do that, that’s fine,” said Corey Lohman, who lives in St. Paul.

St. Paul will have the highest sales tax of any city in the state at 9.875%.

“I voted against it,” said Holly Farrell, who lives in St. Paul. “I feel like we pay property taxes for roads. I’m not sure where that money has gone.”

Calvin Stewart brought his two young daughters to vote.

“I think for the sales tax, I understand what the mayor is trying to do, what the city is trying to do,” he said. “It’s still one of those things, we have to make sure we’re not raising taxes every year.”

SEATTLE — Are Seattle voters ready to tax themselves again? Early results say they are with 66% of voters in favor of a tax levy.

A coalition of political, business, and social service leaders is backing the push to triple the existing housing levy to raise nearly a billion dollars. Backers say it will build housing or provide assistance for more than 9,500 families if approved. The ordinance was approved by the mayor and City Council earlier this year.

4 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I see the sales tax increase in st paul passed by a wide margin, giving them the honor of having the highest sales tax in the state and in history, those roads should be perfect there from now on huh? :deemer

Mounds view on the other hand(which is near me) rejected a tax increase, I had already started planning shopping changes to make sure I wouldn't pay them a dime, now that's off.

Sales tax increase passes in St. Paul, 2 wards will need to be finalized

St. Paul residents have cast their votes on a 1% sales tax referendum and a fast-changing City Council.

Sales tax increase

Residents voted to implement a 1% sales tax in the city over the next 20 years to pay for roads and parks.

The increase passed with 60.19% of votes, with all precincts counted.

The tax increase will go into effect in April.

Officials said St. Paul would collect nearly $1 billion in revenue over the next two decades with the tax increase. It would generate $738 million for road improvement and reconstruction projects and $246 million for improvements to Parks and Recreation facilities.

“I think it’s important to have good infrastructure and if sales tax is what we need to do that, that’s fine,” said Corey Lohman, who lives in St. Paul.

St. Paul will have the highest sales tax of any city in the state at 9.875%.

“I voted against it,” said Holly Farrell, who lives in St. Paul. “I feel like we pay property taxes for roads. I’m not sure where that money has gone.”

Calvin Stewart brought his two young daughters to vote.

“I think for the sales tax, I understand what the mayor is trying to do, what the city is trying to do,” he said. “It’s still one of those things, we have to make sure we’re not raising taxes every year.”

They also have that guarantee income program.

Easy to vote for taxes increases when you don't have a job and live in government housing.