The 2023 Woke Thread...

PatrickBateman

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Congrats on "know(ing) multiple black people" lol

The stories are out there, you just have to go to non-white areas and talk to people.

Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that about two-thirds of the polling places that had to stay open late for the June primary to accommodate waiting voters were in majority-Black neighborhoods, even though they made up only about one-third of the state's polling places. An analysis by Stanford University political science professor Jonathan Rodden of the data collected by Georgia Public Broadcasting/ProPublica found that the average wait time after 7 p.m. across Georgia was 51 minutes in polling places that were 90% or more nonwhite, but only six minutes in polling places that were 90% white.

Lol Decatur is as black as it gets.  Know multiple people from there.  Never heard a nightmare voting story from any of them.  Congrats on getting conned by Fat Stacy like OneFooter.

Cute article post.  If anybody wants to vote they always were able to find a way.  Only when Fat Stacy came along and acted like a sore loser did this voter suppression nonsense become a made up thing.

But hey you lived in Atlanta for a year or 2 and are all knowing on Georgia voting and how impossible it is to vote.

Now it's time for the part about how difficult it is to obtain a government issued ID.

What astronomical barriers are our colored cousins presented with that others overcome simply with white supremacy? 

Cue it up: Something from the Atlantic, Mother Jones, ProPublica, the SPLC?

If one can't obtain hydration and verification of their identity without assistance, are they really qualified to vote on a referendum on a school district bond measure?

8 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

You don't understand that Georgia's new voting laws were intended to suppress the non white vote? 

They were passed under the guise of stopping voter fraud. :laugh I wonder why the new Republicon law remove hundreds of drop boxes from black areas but increased them in other areas? I wonder why the Republicons reduced voting locations in democratic areas but left alone or increased voting locations in Republicon areas.  I wonder why the Republicons made Sunday voting illegal? I wonder why MLB removed their all-star game from Georgia?

Fair Warning stop acting so fucking stupid and partisan. Wake the fuck up.

I’m awake, just not woke. 

3 hours ago, HinesWard86 said:

I worked with New American Pathways and saw firsthand the humongous pain in the ass it is to vote in Atlanta.

The stories are everywhere, you just have to be willing to look for them and go to these areas. Most white people simply don't or won't. Hell, when you ask a lot of white people about Atlanta they'll just tell you about Buckhead and it's clear they know nothing about the city.

Knowing there may be a line to vote after work, one has three options

- continue to wait in line and bitch (seems to be the popular left wing stance)

- vote before work

If people don’t want to vote, even better, they are dumbfucks.    This is all-inclusive, so let’s not tie it to race.  It’s only a big deal to the powerbrokers from the left, yet they will forget them the day after the election.  

2 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Lol Decatur is as black as it gets.  Know multiple people from there.  Never heard a nightmare voting story from any of them.  Congrats on getting conned by Fat Stacy like OneFooter.

Cute article post.  If anybody wants to vote they always were able to find a way.  Only when Fat Stacy came along and acted like a sore loser did this voter suppression nonsense become a made up thing.

But hey you lived in Atlanta for a year or 2 and are all knowing on Georgia voting and how impossible it is to vote.

Decatur is as Black as it gets?

https://www.decaturga.com/ed/page/demographic-information

Ethnicity

White 68.9%

Black 21.7%

Congrats my guy, you just played yourself. If you think that a city that is 21.7% Black is as "Black as it gets", you just told on yourself. Enjoy your time in Buckhead

2 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

8 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Ethnicity

White 68.9%

Black 21.7%

Congrats my guy, you just played yourself. If you think that a city that is 21.7% Black is as "Black as it gets", you just told on yourself. Enjoy your time in Buckhead

Hmmmm the information from the Decatur, GA website is a little old (2018). Let's give Gmcarroll33 the benefit of the doubt and look at the most recent US Census Data for Decatur, GA as of July 2021

image.png

Oh dear.......

4 hours ago, HinesWard86 said:

Ethnicity

White 68.9%

Black 21.7%

1 black is too many, I think we all agree on that.

6 hours ago, HinesWard86 said:

Hmmmm the information from the Decatur, GA website is a little old (2018). Let's give Gmcarroll33 the benefit of the doubt and look at the most recent US Census Data for Decatur, GA as of July 2021

image.png

Oh dear.......

I stand corrected on that, but the rest of your bullshit on voter suppression remains true.  None of these people ever complained that they couldn’t vote until Fat Stacy whined like a baby for 4 years bc she lost.  Buckhead is for old people or rich kids straight out of college.  It sucks.

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I stand corrected on that, but the rest of your bullshit on voter suppression remains true.  None of these people ever complained that they couldn’t vote until Fat Stacy whined like a baby for 4 years bc she lost.  Buckhead is for old people or rich kids straight out of college.  It sucks.

Stay hydrated down there.

I hear it's like Death Valley but only on election days.

6 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

In and out in about 10 minutes max.  And I live in an area 40ish% white.  I'm sure the pollsters would offer me water like they do everywhere if needed.  But you are correct.  Late July and early August have nothing on the oppressive heat of November down here.

29 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Why Do Nonwhite Georgia Voters Have To Wait In Line For Hours? Too Few Polling Place

2020-06-10t000000z_1925191047_rc226h9yy9mc_rtrmadp_3_usa-election-georgia-eb283f1ed853688cae4a42c57e3b11b652f50722-s1100-c50.jpg

Kathy spotted the long line of voters as she pulled into the Christian City Welcome Center about 3:30 p.m., ready to cast her ballot in the primary election.

Hundreds of people were waiting in the heat and rain outside the lush, tree-lined complex in Union City, an Atlanta suburb with 22,400 residents, nearly 88% of them Black. She briefly considered not casting a ballot at all, but decided to stay.

By the time she got inside more than five hours later, the polls had officially closed and the electronic scanners were shut down. Poll workers told her she'd have to cast a provisional ballot, but they promised that her vote would be counted.

"I'm now angry again, I'm frustrated again, and now I have an added emotion, which is anxiety," said Kathy, a human services worker, recalling her emotions at the time. She asked that her full name not be used because she fears repercussions from speaking out. "I'm wondering if my ballot is going to count."

By the time the last voter finally got inside the welcome center to cast a ballot, it was the next day.

A new Georgia voting law reduced ballot drop box access in places that used them most

Monica Poole looked forward to voting in Georgia's primary in May.

But after breaking her ankle, she couldn't drive. Even navigating the stairs from her second-floor Atlanta apartment was impossible, so waiting in line to vote wasn't an option. Poole applied for a mail-in absentee ballot, like many Georgians have in recent years, and wanted to return it using a drop box.

But the nearest one in Fulton County, where Poole lives, was a 20-minute drive and accessible only during limited hours and days, unlike 2020 when drop boxes were available all across the county and accessible seven days a week around the clock until Election Day.

The new restrictions made the drop boxes difficult to use for Poole, who had limited mobility and a rigid work schedule. So she was forced to mail in her ballot.

But Poole's ballot didn't count, because it didn't arrive at the county's elections office in time.

"To find out I did all that and still didn't get my vote in, I feel discouraged," Poole said. "I'm an African American female, and we weren't able to vote for many years, so I feel like it's my civic duty."

https://www.npr.org/2022/07/27/1112487312/georgia-voting-law-ballot-drop-box-access

It's amazing to me that for nearly 250 years Georgia residents put up with oppressive heat and drought conditions to vote yet none of us knew about these overwhelmingly terrible obstacles to voting until a hippopotamus lost an election she felt entitled to win.

You fellers stay wet down there and if you need hydration we have lots of rainwater here in Washington State. 

MARY LOUISE KELLY, HOST:

Ballot drop boxes became a ubiquitous symbol of voting during the pandemic, particularly in Georgia. But months after the 2020 election, Georgia Republicans passed new election laws that restrict drop boxes. An examination by NPR, WABE and Georgia Public Broadcasting has found those limitations are making it more difficult for the urban and suburban communities that rely on drop boxes the most. Georgia Public Broadcasting's Stephen Fowler and WABE's Sam Gringlas explain.

UNIDENTIFIED CHILD #1: (Inaudible).

SAM GRINGLAS, BYLINE: On a Saturday afternoon, Jessica Owens and her two toddlers are in their driveway in suburban Gwinnett County, just outside Atlanta. They've got buckets and sponges to wash the family car.

UNIDENTIFIED CHILD #1: Ella (ph), look. It's bubbly.

UNIDENTIFIED CHILD #2: What? It's (inaudible).

GRINGLAS: Owens shows me something inside her trunk.

JESSICA OWENS: So whenever we go anywhere, we have to carry a little toddler potty.

GRINGLAS: Long drives require this, particularly recently, when Owens went to return her absentee ballot. She drove to the library branch 10 minutes away to deposit it in the drop box, just like she did in 2020.

OWENS: Went inside, and they said, there's no drop box here.

GRINGLAS: No one knew where to find one nearby. After more searching, Owens gave up and contacted her state representative. She learned there were no drop boxes in her city anymore. The closest was almost an hour round trip.

STEPHEN FOWLER, BYLINE: Turns out lots of drop boxes were now gone. The reason?

(SOUNDBITE OF MONTAGE)

JUDY WOODRUFF: Republican-majority state legislatures across the country are moving rapidly to pass new voting laws.

CECILIA VEGA: But in Texas and every other state, there has been no evidence of widespread voter fraud.

LISA DESJARDINS: Some 250 election law bills in 43 states, concentrated most in swing states Trump lost.

FOWLER: In Georgia, lawmakers changed almost every aspect of voting, including drop boxes. All 159 counties must have at least one box but can't offer more than 1 per 100,000 voters. In a state with a history of discriminatory voting laws and hotly contested races for Senate and governor, these changes could have national implications.

GRINGLAS: The implications are most profound in Georgia's four largest counties - Fulton, DeKalb, Cobb and Gwinnett - where the new drop box limits cut the total number from 107 to 25.

OWENS: There's no other industry that would make something less accessible for the people using it than politics.

GRINGLAS: Owens is one of about 1.9 million Georgians, or a quarter of all voters who saw their travel time to a drop box increase under the new law. More than 90% of those voters live in cities or suburbs, home to most of the state's voters of color. The counties also vote heavily Democratic.

1 minute ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

It's amazing to me that for nearly 250 years Georgia residents put up with oppressive heat and drought conditions to vote yet none of us knew about these overwhelmingly terrible obstacles to voting until a hippopotamus lost an election she felt entitled to win.

You fellers stay wet down there and if you need hydration we have lots of rainwater here in Washington State. 

And OneFooter and Hines insta jump on the ridiculous media agenda of always creating racism and keeping it alive in morons' heads and regurgitate it being Jim Crow 2.0 when it's better than most all states if not the finest.

Believe it or not, we have plenty of safe and refreshing drinking water here for the voters to drink.  We're no Jackson MS.

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

georgia is great to be 13 in the back of a van driving thru watching the sun set on i-95 over the trees listening to zooropa