Today's work

KingRevolver

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, KingRevolver said:

Whoa, whoa!  Calm down, pal.  BALLLLLIIIN'!  Little under 2000.

You should have a house twice that size living in the boonies of Minnesota.

We do have basements, unlike you savages living in the desert. part of that 1600 i mentioned consists of the finished basement area.

All sorts of floating floor out there. Some look like wood, some like tile. Some interlock together. Some have sticky tape on 2 sides and just press together. Always best to lay it with the way the sun enters the room. Randomly stagger edges.

it’s preferable to use a “jamb saw” to undercut the doors.  It’s best to work away from doors on floors that require you to hold the piece that is snapped in on a 45 degree. 

at about 1/4 thick leave the floor trim in place. And install flooring up to it after removing the quarter round. Reinstall quarter round after.

Never install flooring where you see any sort of visual edge, ever. 

any and all floating floors are probably the easiest homeowner achievable tasks out there.

1 hour ago, housepicks said:

All sorts of floating floor out there. Some look like wood, some like tile. Some interlock together. Some have sticky tape on 2 sides and just press together. Always best to lay it with the way the sun enters the room. Randomly stagger edges.

it’s preferable to use a “jamb saw” to undercut the doors.  It’s best to work away from doors on floors that require you to hold the piece that is snapped in on a 45 degree. 

at about 1/4 thick leave the floor trim in place. And install flooring up to it after removing the quarter round. Reinstall quarter round after.

Never install flooring where you see any sort of visual edge, ever. 

any and all floating floors are probably the easiest homeowner achievable tasks out there.

What do you mean by visual edge? You use transition pieces to hide that i thought?

8 minutes ago, housepicks said:

Transitions are fine. Was just trying to emphasize you never ever ever floor up to a door jamb, or toliet of whatever

This is what I'm looking at as far as entryways goes, the kitchen has 2 exits into carpeting, no qtr round there, so I'll have to remove the trim i guess.

kitchen 001.jpg

kitchen 002.jpg

kitchen 003.jpg

You can replace the solid gold transition with another one that goes from carpet to plank.

I prefer no transition. I’d butt the floor right up to carpet. You’ve got plenty of fluff in that carpet. The carpet can be finished off like this.

I’d leave the trim in Place and paint it white.

then I’d buy quarter round and install. 

Here’s a hand held tool for cutting 45’s that works on foam type of stuff that looks like wood.

5853B6A5-F7E2-4A32-BFCF-3A6B13C68FE9.png