Today's work

KingRevolver

1 minute ago, housepicks said:

You can replace the solid gold transition with another one that goes from carpet to plank.

I prefer no transition. I’d butt the floor right up to carpet. You’ve got plenty of fluff in that carpet. The carpet can be finished off like this.

I’d leave the trim in Place and paint it white.

then I’d buy quarter round and install. 

Here’s a hand held tool for cutting 45’s that works on foam type of stuff that looks like wood.

5853B6A5-F7E2-4A32-BFCF-3A6B13C68FE9.png

thanks, I have qtr round on the edges of the cabinets in the other half of the room so I'd have to do that too, every piece of trim in my house is wood toned( I understand white is popular now)

• Replies 201
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, housepicks said:

Paint the cabinets too.

I checked the stores online and they sell matching qtr round for the flooring, so if i get something fairly close to the existing wood trim it should look just fine and save a lot of trouble.

Combined with your trick with the carpeting over the thresh hold I should be good to go. Looks like they want close to $50 for one length of transition strip - I can avoid that. :hat

10 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I checked the stores online and they sell matching qtr round for the flooring, so if i get something fairly close to the existing wood trim it should look just fine and save a lot of trouble.

Combined with your trick with the carpeting over the thresh hold I should be good to go. Looks like they want close to $50 for one length of transition strip - I can avoid that. :hat

Paint those cabinets

8 hours ago, sleepy said:

The guy living in a section 8 housing complex begging the forum for a loan is in no position to be criticizing anyone.

You are one stupid human being. Besides being ugly, fat, bald and borderline illiterate it's hilarious that you think I asked DS for a loan.

Former engineer my ass. You don't know when to use woman as opposed to women.

Now get back to painting your toenails.