Silicon Valley Bank

ERBtheGREAT

• Replies 388
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So this is all due to Biden's ridiculous hikes in interest rates to try and offset the inflation he created correct?  I read it as nobody wanted to take out a loan with the crazy high interest rates, which is the only way that banks make money, and banks are now carrying unrealized losses.  The withdrawals forced them their unrealized losses to fruition.  Anything else I'm missing here or it is simple as interest rates have lead to this?

Fq5jzptWYAMv45l?format=jpg&name=900x900

11 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

So this is all due to Biden's ridiculous hikes in interest rates to try and offset the inflation he created correct?  I read it as nobody wanted to take out a loan with the crazy high interest rates, which is the only way that banks make money, and banks are now carrying unrealized losses.  The withdrawals forced them their unrealized losses to fruition.  Anything else I'm missing here or it is simple as interest rates have lead to this?

Fq5jzptWYAMv45l?format=jpg&name=900x900

it's not that "nobody wanted to take out a loan"... it's that the ASSET side (customer checking/savings are the liability side since they owe that back) was invested in long-term stuff making 1-2%... if you have a 10-year treasury that is paying 1%/yr, and now those rates are 4%, the value of that treasury is essentially 30% lower (3% x 10 yrs)

On 3/10/2023 at 7:44 AM, milwaukee mike said:

it's "only" a $6 billion company (jpm is 380b)... systemic risk is pretty low

that said, the whole system is gonna collapse in my lifetime, whether that's today or 5 years from now, or 12 years from now, who knows... but you can't continue to favor worthless lazy mentally ill bums in jobs/government/media, while demonizing working class heterosexuals, without triggering a long-term collapse

On 3/10/2023 at 7:49 AM, jasson621 said:

Agree and it has been the lefts goal since the 70's and it is coming to fruition. 

Many of us have been preaching this over and over but with spinless rinos nothing will ever happen. 

On 3/10/2023 at 8:14 AM, mikeman said:

Woke destroys everything.

image.png.4cff228096591160a8e09c124bdd2f88.png

On 3/10/2023 at 9:37 AM, KingKolzig said:

biden is introducing a bill to tax realized gains on stocks

so if you have a 1000 worth of a stock. and it is now 1100 after a year. you pay tax on that 100 even if you dont sell it

then year 2 another tax

year 3 another tax

then if the stock plummets in year 4 you already paid the taxes on realized gains. whoops sorry about that 

On 3/10/2023 at 9:43 AM, sleepy said:

I'm sure this will help the 20% haircut 401k's took since the diaper wearing dementia patient stole the election.

RepubliCons retards whining, bitching and blaming again. Of course that's the only solution the pathological lying MAGAS have!:laugh

And in other news RepubliCon leaders are grooming kids for child labor. See Sarah Huckleberry EO's in the bright red state of Arkansas. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/08/politics/sarah-huckabee-sanders-arkansas-child-labor/index.html

I've always wondered what would happen if every last person in the country that had massive credit card debt just said "fuck it I don't care about my credit score.  I'm not paying", and if every last American sick of paying taxes for all the stupidity that it goes to like Ukraine said "Fuck it I'm not paying there's not enough jail space for all of us."  WTF would our government do?

1 hour ago, jasson621 said:

You can't reason with "them". The elitists will get their bailout, can't have Harry and his See you next Tuesday wife losing money. If this was a midwestern bank full of farm deposits it would rot. 

Wish Eric and others would work as hard at getting the crypto people their money back.  

31 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

RepubliCons retards whining, bitching and blaming again. Of course that's the only solution the pathological lying MAGAS have!:laugh

And in other news RepubliCon leaders are grooming kids for child labor. See Sarah Huckleberry EO's in the bright red state of Arkansas. 

https://www.cnn.com/2023/03/08/politics/sarah-huckabee-sanders-arkansas-child-labor/index.html

I think we have a case of climate mental health caused by the upcoming time change right here.

thoughts and prayers, BR.

16 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I've always wondered what would happen if every last person in the country that had massive credit card debt just said "fuck it I don't care about my credit score.  I'm not paying", and if every last American sick of paying taxes for all the stupidity that it goes to like Ukraine said "Fuck it I'm not paying there's not enough jail space for all of us."  WTF would our government do?

They would protect the profits of the richest like Shelly Adelson, Steve Wynn, Elon Musk, Jeff Bezos, Mark Zuckerberg, big oil barons with tax cuts and tax givaways at the expense of everyday Ameircans. It happened with Trump where over 25% of the 230 years of federal debt was accumulated in Trump's 4 years to fund his tax gifts to the wealthiest Americans and foreign investors. LOSER LOOK

One of President Donald Trump’s lesser known but profoundly damaging legacies will be the explosive rise in the national debt that occurred on his watch. The financial burden that he’s inflicted on our government will wreak havoc for decades, saddling our kids and grandkids with debt.

The national debt has risen by almost $7.8 trillion during Trump’s time in office. That’s nearly twice as much as what Americans owe on student loans, car loans, credit cards and every other type of debt other than mortgages, combined, according to data from the Federal Reserve Bank of New York. It amounts to about $23,500 in new federal debt for every person in the country.

The growth in the annual deficit under Trump ranks as the third-biggest increase, relative to the size of the economy, of any U.S. presidential administration, according to a calculation by a leading Washington budget maven, Eugene Steuerle, co-founder of the Urban-Brookings Tax Policy Center. And unlike George W. Bush and Abraham Lincoln, who oversaw the larger relative increases in deficits, Trump did not launch two foreign conflicts or have to pay for a civil war.

Under Donald Trump, the U.S. Accrued 25% of National Debt?

Trump Built a National Debt So Big (Even Before the Pandemic) That It’ll Weigh Down the Economy for Years

The “King of Debt” promised to reduce the national debt — then his tax cuts made it surge. Add in the p, and he oversaw the third-biggest deficit increase of any president.

41 minutes ago, Bigrunner said:

Whining? I'm happy. :deemer

Just now, Bigrunner said:

RepubliCon leader Sarah Huclkeberry grooming kids to be child laborers? Ain't that something. I hear other red state RepubliCon leaders will also be grooming children to work in meat packing and other labor intensive industries. 

In February, the Department of Labor said it had uncovered more than 3,800 instances in the last fiscal year of children working in US companies in violation of the law, with more than 100 kids, as young as 13, employed in hazardous jobs cleaning slaughterhouses overnight for Packers Sanitation Services Inc. (Ten of them were in Arkansas.)

Also this week, Republicans in the Ohio Senate passed a bill weakening child labor protections, which is expected to make it out of the House and be signed by Republican governor Mike DeWine. Similar measures are working their way through Minnesota and Iowa.

SARAH HUCKABEE SANDERS THINKS CHILD LABOR LAWS HAVE BEEN WORKING A LITTLE TOO WELL

Republicans like the Arkansas governor care so deeply for kids that they want to make it easier for companies to exploit them.

What does any of this do with a failed a bank?  

32 minutes ago, milwaukee mike said:

maybe runner is realizing it's "us vs them" and not "us vs us"?

repubs/dems, doesn't matter, right now we have a "uniparty" whose only goal is to make rich people richer, and poor/middle class people poorer

maybe we'll send another $180 billion to ukranian billionaires while americans get fired and can't afford food, great idea

You had to know it was coming.  OneFooter is 100% incapable of discussing anything without turning it into a Trump discussion.

I love how idiot dems like him keep throwing out the 25% national debt number created while conveniently ignoring that it was all primarily the result of covid and dem governors and mayors and Dr Falsey, while tucking and hiding from the fact that Obama doubled the entire national debt.