The great Jimmy Carter

Bigrunner

5 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Jimmy Carter's presidency must of been a real shit show.

1980_large.png

West VA used to be one of the most democratic states in the union, now they're the opposite, they underwent zero demographic changes also. Just goes to show how far the democratic party has strayed from what it used to be.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

22 hours ago, Bigrunner said:

My sources tell me he may have  passed.  What a great human. I feel very fortunate for him to have lived during my lifetime. 

I hope me sources are wrong and he's still alive.

7 hours ago, mikeman said:

So the bottom line is Runny started a thread about Jimmy carter dying(heard from trusted sources), and he's not dead. :deemer

Nazi Merlin, read my post again. Your are always posting incorrect and wrong information. 

I actually said a source said he may have passed.  Then I said I hope the source is wrong and the great Jimmy Carter is still alive. 

Nazi Merlin is a big drama queen. 

7 hours ago, mikeman said:

West VA used to be one of the most democratic states in the union, now they're the opposite, they underwent zero demographic changes also. Just goes to show how far the democratic party has strayed from what it used to be.

That was kick-started in 2000. Al Gore made a campaign stop in West Virginia and made his whole speech about gun control in the aftermath of Columbine. 

West Virginia hasn't voted blue in a presidential election since that dumb speech. You can't tell the Hoopies you want to take away their guns

5 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

That was kick-started in 2000. Al Gore made a campaign stop in West Virginia and made his whole speech about gun control in the aftermath of Columbine. 

West Virginia hasn't voted blue in a presidential election since that dumb speech. You can't tell the Hoopies you want to take away their guns

They were also by far one of the hardest hit states with the opiod crisis of the late 90s with Oxycontin and heroin.  Dems failed massively on that and for sure are failing now with fentanyl.  Another ding against them for ever getting West Virginia votes again.

35 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

They were also by far one of the hardest hit states with the opiod crisis of the late 90s with Oxycontin and heroin.  Dems failed massively on that and for sure are failing now with fentanyl.  Another ding against them for ever getting West Virginia votes again.

closing down their coal mining didn't help

A little known fact about west va is that there's a 13000 sq mile area of it that does not have cell phones and will never have cell phones, no wi fi, not even garage door openers. it's like the Twilight zone, thousands of people live their lives like we did before 1990.

https://www.popularmechanics.com/technology/a11414/why-this-west-virginia-town-has-no-cellphones-17320315/

Why This West Virginia Town Has No Cellphones

Almost silent / West Virginia / Blue Ridge Mountains / throw your cellphone in the river.
dfd196e5-9c5c-4ef9-9541-b8b87618940b.jpgBy Andrew MosemanPublished: Oct 16, 2014

This content is imported from youTube. You may be able to find the same content in another format, or you may be able to find more information, at their web site.

The U.S. Town With No Cell Phones or Wi-Fi | National Geographic
Watch on
This is an image

"Some people, they'll come here, they'll say 'What do you do?' I just say, 'I'm doing it right now.'"

That's Artie Barkley, a local resident featured in this National Geographic video about the National Radio Quiet Zone, extolling the virtues of one of the most peculiar and peaceful places in America.

Pocahontas County in West Virginia is home to the Green Bank Telescope, a marvelous piece of machinery that surveys the skies for radio signals from across the universe. But the telescope, built in 1956, is so sensitive that any local radio signals could interfere with its mission. "A cellphone on Mars would be the brightest radio object to us in the sky," one of the scientists in the video notes.

More From Popular Mechanics
How Millions of Pliers Are Made Every Year

Current Time 0:17

Remaining Time -4:08

As a result, Congress created the National Radio Quiet Zone, an area of 13,000 square miles around the telescope. In the towns nearby, such as Green Bank, residents go without any kind of wireless technology. That includes cordless phones, cellphones, wi-fi routers—even digital cameras and garage door openers. As the video notes, the zone is something that could never be created today—you'd have a hard time talking anyone, even a card-carrying luddite, into giving up all this stuff. But because the Quiet Zone was established decades ago, the folks who live here just never adopted wireless modern conveniences and got used to living without them. (They have hardwired Internet in their homes.)

Dopesick on Hulu was an awesome series about WVU and opiods.

I remember the end where the lawyers were blasting Purdue pharma and saying that Oxy was supposed to be for extreme levels of chronic pain, not people that had just had their wisdom teeth removed and I laughed.  They gave me Oxycodone for that and I had no pain at all.  My mom told me take one like like the prescription said and another  before bed like the prescription said.  Needless to say I was in the drunkest hangover dream sleep of my life until 4pm the next afternoon until my brothers friend came over and kicked my bed.  I probably could have slept 4 more hours.  That stuff is poison.

17 hours ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Dopesick on Hulu was an awesome series about WVU and opiods.

I remember the end where the lawyers were blasting Purdue pharma and saying that Oxy was supposed to be for extreme levels of chronic pain, not people that had just had their wisdom teeth removed and I laughed.  They gave me Oxycodone for that and I had no pain at all.  My mom told me take one like like the prescription said and another  before bed like the prescription said.  Needless to say I was in the drunkest hangover dream sleep of my life until 4pm the next afternoon until my brothers friend came over and kicked my bed.  I probably could have slept 4 more hours.  That stuff is poison.

Did that focus on all oxycodone or just OxyContin? I watched it, but don’t remember.   It’s the same active ingredient, but OC is time released making addiction potential even worse.  

2 hours ago, IAG said:

Did that focus on all oxycodone or just OxyContin? I watched it, but don’t remember.   It’s the same active ingredient, but OC is time released making addiction potential even worse.  

Oxycontin.  So powerful that even heroin was cheaper.  Meanwhile Purdue Pharma was inventing bs science of "breakthrough pain" to explain why people were in pain when they came off of it, just to keep them hooked.  "Just double the dose."  I took those 2 Oxycodone with my wisdom teeth and threw the rest of it in the trash.  Would never want to take another one of those things ever again.

57 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Oxycontin.  So powerful that even heroin was cheaper.  Meanwhile Purdue Pharma was inventing bs science of "breakthrough pain" to explain why people were in pain when they came off of it, just to keep them hooked.  "Just double the dose."  I took those 2 Oxycodone with my wisdom teeth and threw the rest of it in the trash.  Would never want to take another one of those things ever again.

See I loved them. Lol.  Haven’t had one in almost 3 years, but I did enjoy them, not gonna lie.