Hurricane headed to Southern California

Brock Landers

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Jackass, the rain doesn't get absorbed in caliche, it runs off.

You're dumber than ghetto shines 

Look at the pretend weatherman, using terms like caliche, I'm the real TGF weather man...Capiche. :laugh

I wouldn't worry about the hardpan, some will soak in, the desert will bloom in a month or 2.

6 minutes ago, KingKolzig said:

mikem wager brock on highest wind reading LA airport

Sustained wind wont be much over 40-45 anywhere in CA, of course there's a lot of hills/mountains so some mountain areas will have 60-70 mph gusts(maybe a few higher). LA airport I'd say a gust or two to 37 ish, the storm will be a little east of LA I believe, so their wind will come from the north and east for most of the storm.

Hey brock, next time you use the term caliche in casual conversation, make sure you slip in the word "arroyo" as well.

Give em both barrels.

Say something like ...   the impermeable caliche soils common in the desert lead to  rapid runoffs that can cause raging torrents as they hit desert arroyos".

29 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Sustained wind wont be much over 40-45 anywhere in CA, of course there's a lot of hills/mountains so some mountain areas will have 60-70 mph gusts(maybe a few higher). LA airport I'd say a gust or two to 37 ish, the storm will be a little east of LA I believe, so their wind will come from the north and east for most of the storm.

san diego will get sustained o40 for the first few hours. could be a cat-1 for sure

1 minute ago, KingKolzig said:

san diego will get sustained o40 for the first few hours. could be a cat-1 for sure

cat 1 is 74, dont see that happening, it has changed however as the media now uses gusts to "confirm" hurricane strengths, so somewhere in southern CA they'll get a 90 mph gust and they'll call it a cat 2 or something.

This ain't gonna end well at all. Goodbye Imperial County, Salton, Coachella, Calexico, El Centro. Riverside in the crosshairs. A lot of folks gonna be looking for fuel and drinking water. Travel to and from the area gonna be next to impossible.

Watching the decrepid San Diego dam system with interest. Of 9 dams 6 are rated fair or lower.

Complete fukkin disaster in the making. Catastrophic damage from which the state and country never recovers. A lot of wealth in a very small area and none of it spent upgrading infrastructure.

FEMA is broke. Hawaii disasters have stretched that budget and hurricane season has quite a ways to go.

Most of these are just news fodder. Not this one.

20 minutes ago, Sinker said:

This ain't gonna end well at all. Goodbye Imperial County, Salton, Coachella, Calexico, El Centro. Riverside in the crosshairs. A lot of folks gonna be looking for fuel and drinking water. Travel to and from the area gonna be next to impossible.

Watching the decrepid San Diego dam system with interest. Of 9 dams 6 are rated fair or lower.

Complete fukkin disaster in the making. Catastrophic damage from which the state and country never recovers. A lot of wealth in a very small area and none of it spent upgrading infrastructure.

FEMA is broke. Hawaii disasters have stretched that budget and hurricane season has quite a ways to go.

Most of these are just news fodder. Not this one.

OH WOW!

The morning update is it's fizzling, will weaken rapidly from here on out and it's also speeding up, I saw peak wind intensity and they showed LA at zero. 40-50 tops closer to the border.

A fair amount of rain mostly in the desert where few live, all in all a very beneficial storm.

Brock saved southern CA men.