Hurricane headed to Southern California

Brock Landers

• Replies 308
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

7 minutes ago, mikeman said:

No no no no, brock promised a major hurricane. :mutley

For a con man he's so gullible, the media tells him anything and he believes it.

I love how he’s literally dead wrong on 99% of everything he discusses so passionately, and attacks everybody hurling racial insults.  You figure when you’ve been wrong this many times and drive Uber as a result you’d just learn to shut up and be humble.

7 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

I love how he’s literally dead wrong on 99% of everything he discusses so passionately, and attacks everybody hurling racial insults.  You figure when you’ve been wrong this many times and drive Uber as a result you’d just learn to shut up and be humble.

Midget brains must work differently than ours. 

22 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I cry every time I see this scene.

The airplane scenes are always a good ones for endings.  Californication with Rocketman playing while reflecting back on the entire series as Hank leaves his Porsche in the road to go get Karen in the airport would probably get you.  I was just sad the series ended.

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

The airplane scenes are always a good ones for endings.  Californication with Rocketman playing while reflecting back on the entire series as Hank leaves his Porsche in the road to go get Karen in the airport would probably get you.  I was just sad the series ended.

I never watched that, I'll have to check it out.

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

have you seen the pic of him and that poster flyingillini

brocks head is twice the size of his. some sort of tumor filling up 60% of his skull for sure 

2 hours ago, FISHHEAD said:

Bracing for SPRINKLES and 12 mph sustained winds here in Sin City

Tonight

Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 10pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 74. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 82. East wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday Night

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 75. Windy, with a north wind 14 to 19 mph becoming southeast 25 to 30 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Monday

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

18 minutes ago, Brock Landers said:

Tonight

Showers and thunderstorms likely, then showers and possibly a thunderstorm after 10pm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 74. South southeast wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north northwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation is 80%.

Sunday

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm, mainly before 11am, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after 11am. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. High near 82. East wind 6 to 10 mph becoming north northeast in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation is 90%.

Sunday Night

Showers and possibly a thunderstorm. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Low around 75. Windy, with a north wind 14 to 19 mph becoming southeast 25 to 30 mph in the evening. Winds could gust as high as 41 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%.

Monday

Showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm before noon, then a chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Some of the storms could produce heavy rain. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 84. Breezy, with a south southeast wind 15 to 25 mph, with gusts as high as 36 mph. Chance of precipitation is 70%.

So your point is vegas will get some rain huh? Are you aware the latest forecast is for them to get 1-2 inches, do you think they cant handle that over 2 days?

I'm gonna go ahead and pencil this one in as a bust, we might have to wait another 80 yrs for the real deal.

Hurricane Hilary Discussion Number  15
NWS National Hurricane Center Miami FL       EP092023
900 PM MDT Sat Aug 19 2023

Hilary's cloud pattern has continued to gradually decay this
evening.  The eye is no longer discernible and the convective cloud
tops have warmed near the center.  However, there are plenty of
curved bands around the circulation, and these continue to spread
well northward into the Baja California Peninsula. Subjective and
objective satellite intensity estimates have continued to decrease
and the initial intensity has been reduced to 80 kt. Another Air
Force Reserve reconnaissance mission is schedule overnight which
should provide better information about the structure and intensity
of the cyclone.

The initial motion estimate is north-northwestward or 345/15 kt.
The flow between a strong mid-level ridge over the south-central
United States and a mid- to upper-level low over off the central
coast of California will steer Hilary north-northwestward at an
increasingly faster pace during the next 12 to 24 hours.  This will
bring the center of Hilary near the west-central coast of the Baja
California peninsula late tonight or early Sunday and into southern
California by late Sunday afternoon.  The NHC track forecast is
again very similar to the previous advisory and lies near the
middle of the tightly clustered guidance envelope.  Users are
reminded that the exact details of the track forecast, including
where Hilary might make landfall, are of little overall importance
since strong winds and heavy rainfall will extend far from the
center.  These hazards are already spreading northward over the
Baja California Peninsula well in advance of the arrival of the
center.

Cooler waters, drier air, and increasing vertical wind will continue
to cause a decrease in intensity as Hillary moves northward.
However, the cyclone is expected to still be a hurricane when it
moves near or over the west-central coast of the Baja California
Peninsula overnight, and confidence remains high that Hilary will 
move into southern California as a tropical storm. 

They're now talking up heavy rain in death valley, where basically no one lives but a few rangers and other kooks.

If this was a real storm that was going to do real damage they wouldn't be talking up rain in death valley.

I see gov newsome declared a state of emergency and i just saw they are asking to evacuate catalina island, where literally nothing will happen. :laugh

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

They're now talking up heavy rain in death valley, where basically no one lives but a few rangers and other kooks.

If this was a real storm that was going to do real damage they wouldn't be talking up rain in death valley.

I see gov newsome declared a state of emergency and i just saw they are asking to evacuate catalina island, where literally nothing will happen. :laugh

Evacuating Catalina is the dumbest thing I've ever heard.