The best tradition in all of college sports

WVU

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Seems lame and that you‘d only find it incredible if you were a fan of the school.  HOWEVER, at least it’s uplifting and happy, and not the depressing tradition of Iowa waving at dying little kids in the hospital right next to the stadium before the game.

Errr, thanks.  I guess.  😛 

3 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

wtf

It explains the offense.  On defense you just run around and hit people, and react.  D-line rushes, corners defend.  Not much to see here thinking wise.  On offense "Alright x-zinger y slot, banana, omaha doubles, on two on two BREAK."  Then they go out there and try to wonder wtf it is they're supposed to do bc all they can see in their brains is dying kids they just waved at.  Kind of like in Varsity Blues when they went to the strip club and all Tweeter could see was Ms. Davis's nice ass in his brain.

6 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

It explains the offense.  On defense you just run around and hit people, and react.  D-line rushes, corners defend.  Not much to see here thinking wise.  On offense "Alright x-zinger y slot, banana, omaha doubles, on two on two BREAK."  Then they go out there and try to wonder wtf it is they're supposed to do bc all they can see in their brains is dying kids they just waved at.  Kind of like in Varsity Blues when they went to the strip club and all Tweeter could see was Ms. Davis's nice ass in his brain.

.......and thought you knew football.

10 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

.......and thought you knew football.

The defense of Iowa clearly is unaffected by the dying little kids.  The offense has to think and it's damn near impossible at that point.  Kind of like Bobby Rayburn in that movie The Fan.  Meets a dying sick kid that has his own son's name and the kid asks him to please hit home run for him tomorrow.  He asks his agent later "wtf how am I supposed to hit tomorrow?"  I don't foresee Iowa's offense ever doing well as long as they have dying kids on their minds vs the offense they're running.

PLB is right and the best tradition is probably just winning.

I always enjoyed Miami in their heyday knowing full well they were better than everybody and acting like this.  That was their great tradition.  Not for everybody, but I thought it was great.  Their AD chewed Dennis Erickson out after this win.  Dancing and showboating all over the field, the run through the tunnel with the western six shooter, 200+ intentional penalty yards.  That was great.