The best tradition in all of college sports

WVU

13 minutes ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Meh the only cool thing UGA ever did was the first blackout vs Auburn.  They tried it again the very next year vs Bama and Saban in year 2 and got utterly embarrassed.  That was the end of the blackout.

Was there for both.  And thats not only thing.  Back to back nattys make everything they do "cool"

20 minutes ago, Downsouth said:

Was there for both.  And thats not only thing.  Back to back nattys make everything they do "cool"

I’m sure.  I had fun laughing at UGA fans my entire life in them thinking they were a classy school, and real football team under Donnan and Richt.  Richt was a pussy.  He gave all of his FR a Bible in their lockers as their welcome to college football and told them wins mean nothing, but the Bible is everything.  No wonder Urban Meyer destroyed him so easily.  And UGA was a redneck school with barely any requirments until the Hope.  They were actually cool back then.  Now it’s a bunch of snooty people that think they attend the Harvard of the South.

2 minutes ago, FISHHEAD said:

HATE IT

Prob just bc Vegas gets flooded with tourists during that time.  It’s the GOAT and you have summer right around the corner.  CFB you get miserably cold weather, sickness, winter blues, no more revealing but classy clothing from the hot women now covered in sweaters, dying kids being waved at, and Iowa’s offense to watch afterwards.

You would enjoy it more if the Iowa men’s team could do what the women’s team can.  College bball is basically be a blue blood or gtfo though.

2 minutes ago, PatrickBateman said:

The tribe has a longstanding relationship with Florida State that is mutually beneficial.

For sure. Would anyone know or even care about the tribe if they weren’t? I ask because no one mentions the Hurons here anymore, Eastern Mich didn’t negotiate with them and had to change the name to Eagles.

18 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

For sure. Would anyone know or even care about the tribe if they weren’t? I ask because no one mentions the Hurons here anymore, Eastern Mich didn’t negotiate with them and had to change the name to Eagles.

It's kind of funny looking back that I ever thought the school system I grew up in was in any way different from what it is now, vs it always just being a bunch of liberal women.

Thinking back to elementary school, I remember having one teacher telling us that the Braves and the Tomahawk chop were probably offensive to those people.  We all looked at her like "WTF are talking about?"  Her follow up was how would we like it if there was a team called "The White Boys".  Lol strong logic there.  I feel quite certain nobody would give a shit, nor do 99% of Native Americans (Elizabeth Warren doesn't count).

50 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

The Seminole tribe has a great deal of successful business interests.

Every tribal member gets $10,000 every month when they are born.