TGF Master Political Thread

KingRevolver

9 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Fair, but two things:

1) I have worked on campaigns of both Dems and Reps

2) Reps need to win over more moderates. From Pew, seven-in-ten Republican voters were 50 and older in the most recent election, compared with 62% of Republican voters in 2020 and 68% in 2018. The party is quickly becoming an AARP convention.

Moderates cannot be won over as they simply dont exist, everyone, even here, who claims to be a moderate is really a democrat and will always be a democrat.

They express slight dissatisfaction with the left and a willingness to support a moderate republican but in the end ALWAYS find a reason not to... Yea, I was ready to support trump, I supported a lot of what he did, but in the end in rhetoric is just too extreme. It's all bullshit.

It's the democrats that are losing support with blacks and hispanics, it's the democrats that are chasing so called moderates away, they are the ones that need to change and moderate their policies.

• Replies 69.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

2 hours ago, HinesWard86 said:

To their credit, they were trying to pivot after the 2012 election. Their base refused though, allowing relative outsiders to crush the party preferred candidates.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Growth_%26_Opportunity_Project

In a Machiavellian sense, the best bet for the GOP electorally going forward is to try and marry some of what we have learned over the past decade with what was highlighted in this report. Push hard for Hispanic and Asian voters, fully drop antiquated political points (abortion and racism), hammer the economy (because voters are myopic and stupid), and keep the focus on the trans community if you are going to persist in inane culture war shit. Middle America and a lot of minorities still have a lot of squeamishness when it comes to the trans community.

Because many adults push the trans issue to kids. 

8 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Moderates cannot be won over as they simply dont exist, everyone, even here, who claims to be a moderate is really a democrat and will always be a democrat.

They express slight dissatisfaction with the left and a willingness to support a moderate republican but in the end ALWAYS find a reason not to... Yea, I was ready to support trump, I supported a lot of what he did, but in the end in rhetoric is just too extreme. It's all bullshit.

It's the democrats that are losing support with blacks and hispanics, it's the democrats that are chasing so called moderates away, they are the ones that need to change and moderate their policies.

The blacks will always find their way back to voting D.  Why?  Because the R’s don’t want to campaign in the cities. It’s a huge mistake that cost them  in 2020.  The R’s don’t realize that the polls are crap either.  

4 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

The blacks will always find their way back to voting D.  Why?  Because the R’s don’t want to campaign in the cities. It’s a huge mistake that cost them  in 2020.  The R’s don’t realize that the polls are crap either.  

Black men are starting to slowly and slightly tell the dems about to get fucked.  Black women will forever be a lost cause due to LBJ.

16 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Is this pick on WVU day?

22 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Moderates are mostly Democratic, but there are a significant number of moderates that the GOP can win by creating a successful strategy around issues that matter to that group (economy, immigration, trans issues). 

22 minutes ago, FairWarning said:

Conversely, the Republicans did an excellent job campaigning in Florida. It was Dems that refused to go to a lot of the inner cities, and they had a message that really appealed to certain Hispanic groups in South Florida. 

6 minutes ago, HinesWard86 said:

Conversely, the Republicans did an excellent job campaigning in Florida. It was Dems that refused to go to a lot of the inner cities, and they had a message that really appealed to certain Hispanic groups in South Florida. 

Did the republicans "appeal" to hispanics or were the democrats so unappealing, that is the question.

IMO every attempt made by republicans to pander(what some call appeal) to blacks and hispanics fails miserably - they keep nominating black candidates like herschel, cameron, john james, mia love, etc and it makes zero difference.

You would think that a dumb negro like herschel walker would appeal to blacks in GA since they're all as dumb as him, in the end I dont think he got any more black votes in places like atlanta than a david perdue did - and i guarantee he lost white votes who couldn't vote for a dumb black like herschel.

No more pandering to suburban women, no more black candidates who are put up simply because they are black.

1 hour ago, mikeman said:

Did the republicans "appeal" to hispanics or were the democrats so unappealing, that is the question.

IMO every attempt made by republicans to pander(what some call appeal) to blacks and hispanics fails miserably - they keep nominating black candidates like herschel, cameron, john james, mia love, etc and it makes zero difference.

You would think that a dumb negro like herschel walker would appeal to blacks in GA since they're all as dumb as him, in the end I dont think he got any more black votes in places like atlanta than a david perdue did - and i guarantee he lost white votes who couldn't vote for a dumb black like herschel.

No more pandering to suburban women, no more black candidates who are put up simply because they are black.

Not necessary. 

Again, the insurmountable obstacle for Republicans as far as a demographic goes is black women.  You can run the most well mannered and well spoken black man with policies that will enrich their lives, far beyond the 50+ year playbook that dems have ran, that continuously leads to out of wedlock babies and govt support, living in poverty, their kids getting involved in crime and drugs, and black women won't even tune in to hear what he has to say.  It's engrained from their mothers and grandmothers to just go to the ballot and select D.

This black mom is the 99% norm, not an single case or single election.  Notice how the black son had a mind of his own, yet the mom instantly rages like not voting D is "unblack" or something, and the grandmother is also shocked in horror that he would do such a thing.  It's impossible to overcome.

1 hour ago, Gmcarroll33 said:

Not necessary. 

Again, the insurmountable obstacle for Republicans as far as a demographic goes is black women.  You can run the most well mannered and well spoken black man with policies that will enrich their lives, far beyond the 50+ year playbook that dems have ran, that continuously leads to out of wedlock babies and govt support, living in poverty, their kids getting involved in crime and drugs, and black women won't even tune in to hear what he has to say.  It's engrained from their mothers and grandmothers to just go to the ballot and select D.

This black mom is the 99% norm, not an single case or single election.  Notice how the black son had a mind of his own, yet the mom instantly rages like not voting D is "unblack" or something, and the grandmother is also shocked in horror that he would do such a thing.  It's impossible to overcome.

They love the handouts that keep a foot on the throat. 

29 minutes ago, redstripe said:

They love the handouts that keep a foot on the throat. 

Just think, Brock about exploded in his pants over the news that he was getting a stimulus check without ever thinking that the real win and goal and life would be to not even be eligible for a stimulus check because you already make a lot of money.  I guess all of these "business trips" haven't worked out very well.

8 hours ago, WVU said:

old school Hispanics will always vote Republican.  The younger ones are voting democrat.

There have been serious in-roads made with young Latinos in Florida. Dems are a joke in the Sunshine State. Don't go into inner cities and don't have the full-time paid staff that Republicans do in parts of the state. 

• Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread