• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• mikeman

• Bigrunner

• RaiseThese

• kovacsbar

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

I see the dems want to disbar rudy guliani now, along with impeach pompeo, and dont forget about kavenaugh.

They sure are going to be busy working for the american people?

It's simply stunning they cant see how ridiculous they look? i guess when you're egged on by the press 24 hr's a day, it's hard to NOT drink the kool aid?

Your face is on on a kool aid package. Saw it at the supermarket.

Think it was watermelon.

Interesting thought for the tail risk crowd: what would it take for a second civil war to break out?

Black swans always seem predictable in hindsight, once all of the contributing circumstances become obvious. If impeachment succeeds, we might not be that far from an extreme event, like a coordinated secession of numerous states from the union. A couple tipping points is all it would take.

Let's say:

1. the coup succeeds and trump is removed from office.

2. with nancy second in line, some loony left winger sees their opportunity and makes an attempt at pences life, and manages to seriously injure him.

3. pelosi becomes president.

4. RBG retires/dies shortly after, leaving dems to appoint a SCOTUS justice

5. trump maintains he is still the legitimate POTUS - citizens, military, and the republican party begin choosing sides - some begin breaking from the political/military leadership to side with trump, leading to state by state defections

This is obviously a scenario with very long odds (maybe 1 in 100,000?), but with dialogue and national unity so broken right now, you can't ignore it completely. I think another contributing factor is the massive divide between the republican party (which is basically a zombie-party of a few thousand DC neocons at this point) and the party of Trump - i.e. the party that actual conservatives have moved on to. That adds even more volatility to the mix, considering that congressional repubs would have very little success in talking half the country down from a very angry ledge.

I think I'd be stocking up on non-perishables and heading to Texas somewhere around #3.

Nice work.

May read.

Looks like it's a slow day at  Mr "I dont have time for this shit's" house?

Did you do a stand up act at the mental hospital? Yup...a skitso, a paranoid, and a bi polar walk into a bar...give us the punch line. :pop

skitso = "What bar?"

a paranoid, = "That is a scary-ass bar!"

and a bi polar = "I hate this fuckin' bar!" *5 minutes later* "I LOVE THIS PLACE, MAN!"

• rdalert447 changed the title to Why is Every Liberal at TGF So Angry?
  • Jimmy Hoffa changed the title to TGF Master Political Thread