Billy Sink question and silver talk

WVU

Since you are kinda in the biz of making gold coins…

how tough would it be to make a cast of a Lego style stackable silver bar and melt down my basic silver and pour them into the molds?  I would then stamp my logo and .999 fine silver.

I want them to look exactly like this

IMG_4748.png

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Silver is $23 an ounce.  Let’s call it $25 to cover juice.  I can sell these for $35 all day.  I would mint 1000s of them by melting down my current stockpile.  

no reason to stop at silver.  I could mint gold  Lego style bricks as well.  Platinum too.  Is this a crazy idea or could it work? 

1 minute ago, WVU said:

Silver is $23 an ounce.  Let’s call it $25 to cover juice.  I can sell these for $35 all day.  I would mint 1000s of them by melting down my current stockpile.  

no reason to stop at silver.  I could mint gold  Lego style bricks as well.  Platinum too.  Is this a crazy idea or could it work? 

Put me in for 5 points.

4 hours ago, WVU said:

Since you are kinda in the biz of making gold coins…

how tough would it be to make a cast of a Lego style stackable silver bar and melt down my basic silver and pour them into the molds?  I would then stamp my logo and .999 fine silver.

I want them to look exactly like this

IMG_4748.png

Sounds like a great idea. My self I wouldn't ask for an advice over an internet because it sounds like a very profitable idea. What I would do, go to private reputable jewelry store and consult with an owner telling him that you wanna do silver puzzles. See what he we tell you and if he can make them for you.When you find a right person invite him and his wife for a night out and be straight forward about your idea. There is no need to be greedy as I would assume both parties past 50 or so go partners would spin the process. Been honest and straight forward does magic(as you know) . 

PS. Find a right jewel guy. 

Gl. 

1 hour ago, vitalyo said:

Sounds like a great idea. My self I wouldn't ask for an advice over an internet because it sounds like a very profitable idea. What I would do, go to private reputable jewelry store and consult with an owner telling him that you wanna do silver puzzles. See what he we tell you and if he can make them for you.When you find a right person invite him and his wife for a night out and be straight forward about your idea. There is no need to be greedy as I would assume both parties past 50 or so go partners would spin the process. Been honest and straight forward does magic(as you know) . 

PS. Find a right jewel guy. 

Gl. 

I never thought of going to a jeweler.  Great idea 💡 

And about the silver you can get it way bellow market value, all you have to do is just put your thoughts in it.

I’ve been buying and accumulating silver and other metals for about 20 years.  How would I buy it below market value?  

5 hours ago, WVU said:

I’ve been buying and accumulating silver and other metals for about 20 years.  How would I buy it below market value?  

I assume he means from dummies(or perhaps thieves) who inherit silver/coins and sell to dealers, etc for far cheaper than they can really get.

5 hours ago, WVU said:

You can start by looking at places like Marketplace, Kijiji, Salvation Army stores. Back in the the 90s I used to go to SA stores and buy silver spoons forks, knives, not as a set. You would have to dig trough pile of shit in kitchen wear section it would cost me like 25 cents a piece or 10 for a dollar. Employees they don’t know if it's a silver or not so they throw them with the rest of the junk. Flea markets are great too, once I bought Zippo sterling silver lighter for $5. 

In Montreal they have couple of large SA Super stores I remember digging through 100s and 100s forks spoons and knives, some days I would score 5-10 of them, almost always finding something made of silver for the price of junk. 

59 minutes ago, mikeman said:

I assume he means from dummies(or perhaps thieves) who inherit silver/coins and sell to dealers, etc for far cheaper than they can really get.

Bingo with the dummies. Other than that you have criminal mind. Lol. I am still buying smuggled cigarettes (personal use only) could make easily $30 a carton profit but f.., that. I am not afraid just don't want to get in to it. IMG_20240216_091411.thumb.jpg.b873483377330e2f4fbce3014b12c736.jpg

2 minutes ago, vitalyo said:

Bingo with the dummies. Other than that you have criminal mind. Lol. I am still buying smuggled cigarettes (personal use only) could make easily $30 a carton profit but f.., that. I am not afraid just don't want to get in to it. IMG_20240216_091411.thumb.jpg.b873483377330e2f4fbce3014b12c736.jpg

No idea how strict they are on stuff like that in canada, I know your prices are ridiculous, you would only want to do that with people you know very well.

53 minutes ago, vitalyo said:

You can start by looking at places like Marketplace, Kijiji, Salvation Army stores. Back in the the 90s I used to go to SA stores and buy silver spoons forks, knives, not as a set. You would have to dig trough pile of shit in kitchen wear section it would cost me like 25 cents a piece or 10 for a dollar. Employees they don’t know if it's a silver or not so they throw them with the rest of the junk. Flea markets are great too, once I bought Zippo sterling silver lighter for $5. 

In Montreal they have couple of large SA Super stores I remember digging through 100s and 100s forks spoons and knives, some days I would score 5-10 of them, almost always finding something made of silver for the price of junk. 

waste of time . com

A lot of them are silverplate right, how much is silverplate worth vs real silver ware?

• WVU changed the title to Billy Sink question and silver talk