Billy Sink question and silver talk

WVU

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, WVU said:

there is money to be made.  These things are selling.  Some are getting $50 per.  I think I can get $35 pretty easily.  My startup costs are not going to be very high.  I can start making these with as little as a few hundred bucks as I really don't need that $800 oven.

Other than as an ornament how many would people buy? Why would someone spend $35-50 for something that's worth $22?

16 minutes ago, mikeman said:

Other than as an ornament how many would people buy? Why would someone spend $35-50 for something that's worth $22?

because they do.  They are collection pieces.  Even though it is only $23 in silver, the piece is still worth $35.  I bought a small kit of 12.  

50 minutes ago, WVU said:

Here you go, Jimmy.  This is what I bought.  No copyright infringement.

That one video of the letter B made it look like a lot of work, a lot of polishing etc to get it to look nice, you'll spend many hours producing and finishing a batch.

10 hours ago, mikeman said:

That one video of the letter B made it look like a lot of work, a lot of polishing etc to get it to look nice, you'll spend many hours producing and finishing a batch.

That’s because he used a sand mold.  I’m looking to have a steel or aluminum mold manufactured and then pressure poured into the mold.  I don’t really want to sand or polish at all.  You lose too much silver on uncollected silver dust.  

you could be right, though.  It may be more work then I want to do to get them to look nice and shiny like the ones I have.  The edges aren’t exact or completely smooth on the ones I bought either but they still stack nicely.

1 hour ago, FairWarning said:

You would have to find someone with a similar die.  They are not cheap to make, and would eat all your potential profits away, unless you are making a lot of them.

If I do this, I would be making hundreds of these every week.  I would want to do 6 or so at a time. There are guys out there buying from the same place I bought and then just reselling them at a nice markup.  Making them myself would undercut all the resellers. 

Have you guys even seen a kilo coin?  Me either, but I have six coming.  $860 per.  Australian Koalas.  I have kilo bars but not coins.  I have a bunch of 10 ounce coins too.  These are 32 ounces.  They must be huge.

IMG_4756.png

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

How much over the spot price do they get for those? 

I paid like $27 so $3.50.  But JMBullion ships it in nice packaging and storage containers.  And free shipping.  So that’s worth it.  FYI they would buy it back at $24 per ounce.  They are the best place I have found for selling your silver, but I’ve never done it 

• WVU changed the title to Billy Sink question and silver talk

wvu i have a ton of kilo coins, those are fun

i like the idea, but i agree with hoffa there could be liability issues... i'm quite sure lego has patents on everything that even looks like a lego... here in wisconsin black wolf lodge had to change the name of the whole COMPANY to great wolf lodge because kohler had a golf course named black wolf run

yes, it really gets that stupid, i had a client get served a cease-and-desist order from the police because he was reselling mary kay products from people that quit