Billy Sink question and silver talk

WVU

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, WVU said:

lego "style" not actually legos.  The ones I have aren't lego.  They call them building blocks

Copyright infringement if they discover these products? 

But there's nothing stopping you from pursuing licensing agreements with them or anyone else. MLB for little silver players, NASCAR for cars or drivers, etc... Corporate as well, little silver trash cans for Waste Management, silver laptops for Dell, silver trucks for Ford...

Think of other non-licensed shapes and designs too. Interlocking cubes, silver parts purchased separately that make up cars, planes and ships... 

5 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Copyright infringement if they discover these products? 

But there's nothing stopping you from pursuing licensing agreements with them or anyone else. MLB for little silver players, NASCAR for cars or drivers, etc... Corporate as well, little silver trash cans for Waste Management, silver laptops for Dell, silver trucks for Ford...

Think of other non-licensed shapes and designs too. Interlocking cubes, silver parts purchased separately that make up cars, planes and ships... 

Jimmy, there is no copyright infringement.  Legit companies (mints) are currently producing them.  They aren't legos.   I am only interested in producing building blocks exactly like I already have.  These are unique, and everyone loves legos.  It will encourage bulk and repeat purchases.  There is already a demand for them.

3 minutes ago, joeybagadonuts said:

Yes. You can 3d print with almost any material(s) including metals. I’ve seen it done w copper but the machine that did it was insanely expensive 

Then anything is possible.

Solid gold Mickey Mouses made under license for Disney, a set of silver Yankees hall of famers (sold separately, collect them all!! $$$$)...

52 minutes ago, Jimmy Hoffa said:

Can 3D printers use molten gold or silver to produce objects?

sounds cool but man this stuff is super hot.  I'd be afraid to break the printer.  Once I have the cast molds the melting and pouring of the silver looks pretty simple.  Silver melts easily in a crucible with a simple torch or you can use the oven like contraption I posted earlier.

11 minutes ago, WVU said:

lol, there are toxic fumes involved so it requires a well ventilated workshop or garage. 

It would be a shame if a novice hobbyist were to burn down a low performing rental property where he set up his shop.

Tragic.

But the proceeds from such an eventuality would lessen the pain.

16 minutes ago, WVU said:

Billy, I need you.  Tell me what I am doing wrong here.

What is the plan, to have a little fun with your silver, or making money selling these things? I doubt you could manage enough volume to make serious money after startup costs and expenses.

2 minutes ago, mikeman said:

What is the plan, to have a little fun with your silver, or making money selling these things? I doubt you could manage enough volume to make serious money after startup costs and expenses.

there is money to be made.  These things are selling.  Some are getting $50 per.  I think I can get $35 pretty easily.  My startup costs are not going to be very high.  I can start making these with as little as a few hundred bucks as I really don't need that $800 oven.

• WVU changed the title to Billy Sink question and silver talk