Deemer Blows contest

KingRevolver

No one posted on me when i started off getting crushed and looked like i'd be down 10 units off the start

I don't really see how they are all correlated and illegal.

Every day is a new day in golf. In Tennis, you can play the same guy every day in a tourney. Why wouldn't i be able to take someone I like in golf every round also.

plays you entered for today will count.

frankly, i don't really care if they're correlated as you're just as likely to lose them all as you are to win them.

that said, it allows someone to catch up with much more ease towards the end of the tournament so going forward, those plays will be considered invalid. 

that is the wrong way of thinking here.  if i can do 50 plays fading one team one night and have a shot at going either +50 units or -50 units i would do it every time because i would win this contest half the time.  If i win this contest i make 800, if i lose i lose 200....you figure it out from there.  thats why we dont let correlated plays fly

That argument doesnt work in a contest though. If i can play 50 plays that all fade or follow one team or one person now all I need to do is hit one thing right and im +50 units and win the contest. Sure i could just as easily lose and be -50 but that doesnt matter. I dont lose 50 units worth of dough, it allows me to gain units much more easily than i should in a contest

And FTR im not saying disallow cees plays. Nobody had a big issue yesterday when he went 1-2 with his two losses fading DJ. And not sure anyone would ahve spoke up today if he went 0-3 with his Adam Scott tourney fades. So dont think its fair to take them away but do think they shouldnt be allowed moving forward 

tripp beat me to it

No one posted on me when i started off getting crushed and looked like i'd be down 10 units off the start

I don't really see how they are all correlated and illegal.

Every day is a new day in golf. In Tennis, you can play the same guy every day in a tourney. Why wouldn't i be able to take someone I like in golf every round also.

To be fair that is not what you did though cee. You didnt fade Scott rd 1 and then fade him in rd 2 also. You took a bunch of guys in tourney matchups vs him, very different than what you are describing

Now i am agreeing that i dont like disallowing all the plays since it wasnt said at the time and nobody complained yesterday when u were down units, but not my call either 

tripp beat me to it

Not watching anyones plays. Moldy has 100 things that I have no idea wtf they are.

All im saying is either they count and we play this one correlated or they dont count.

Not doing this we count them up till now stuff. Or ill just sit it out until next one everyone follows the normal rules we have always had

To be fair that is not what you did though cee. You didnt fade Scott rd 1 and then fade him in rd 2 also. You took a bunch of guys in tourney matchups vs him, very different than what you are describing

Now i am agreeing that i dont like disallowing all the plays since it wasnt said at the time and nobody complained yesterday when u were down units, but not my call either 

I know, i held off since guys would be heated that i'd have action on the same guys every day

we have never allowed correlated plays.  every single one of them are void.  and yes, i would want to sit this one out also if i was way behind but not how it works.

so why didn't anyone say they were void until they won?  They;'d count if i was -10 units but now they are illegal since i won. Joke cityyyy

I know, i held off since guys would be heated that i'd have action on the same guys every day

But do you see how playing 3 matchups vs him full tourney and also a first rd matchup are way different than playing or fading a guy every day in tennis?

If i play Nadal every round of the tourney they arent correlated because winning yesterday has absolutely no barring on todays match. Completely separate event. 

If you just did one play vs Scott rd 1 and one play vs Scott rd 2 it would be same deal. One bet has absolutely nothing to do with the other

But playing three matchups where you win all if Scott sucks (which is what happened) are clearly correlated. Same with throwing a rd 1 play in with a full tourney play since those are tied together also (if Scott bombs round 1 you win your round 1 bet and obv are very likely to win full tourney bets also). 

Very diff that playing individual tennis matchups day to day 

I do agree with cees points that unlikely anyone brings it up if they lose and he is sitting at 0-7 -7 units

I think best way to handle it is allow first DJ play and first Scott plays to stand each and the rest are cancelled 

Again I hate to say it but have no idea with all the plays what anyone is doing. Until u said Cee cleaned up against Adam Scott is first time i checked in.

cee i honestly havent even looked at your plays....i wouldve never noticed, i just didnt think anyone would try to pull that in a contest where its clearly not allowed.

Breaks bumped the post after i made it. So it's not like it was secret where guys don't read posts

I do agree with cees points that unlikely anyone brings it up if they lose and he is sitting at 0-7 -7 units

I think best way to handle it is allow first DJ play and first Scott plays to stand each and the rest are cancelled 

Exactly, i'm used to being fucked playing with these guys.

So i'll accept whatever

Guys need the $200 more than I do if they need to cancel me after a win

cee we have played 100's of these contests and never allowed that, not sure what you dont get?  Do you understand what happens when correlation is allowed?  You could fade 1 golfer with 50 other golfers and either win 50 units or lose 50 units.  That would guarantee you win 50% of the time in these where the payout is either +1000 or -200.  Do you really not understand why its not allowed?

cee we have played 100's of these contests and never allowed that, not sure what you dont get?  Do you understand what happens when correlation is allowed?  You could fade 1 golfer with 50 other golfers and either win 50 units or lose 50 units.  That would guarantee you win 50% of the time in these where the payout is either +1000 or -200.  Do you really not understand why its not allowed?

I understand, i would be fine if they were ruled out after i made them. But when 2 days are completed and they are ruled out after i win, it's fishy

Like i said , it's only 200 and some guys need the dough more than i do so i'll live with whatever