Zobrist to Cubs/ Castro to Yanks/Shelby Miller to Arizona

Yanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I thought Didi played pretty well also into the second half of the season. Not sure Castro is really that big an upgrade unless he kind of gets over the hump

I really wanted to give Refsnyder a shot. A little disappointed in the move. Warren was a good fifth starter/middle reliever.

Yup

Just wouldn't pay him the 70+ mil he's likely to get

Local radio station guy with a direct IN to Derek Hall said they were close to signing him this afternoon.

I wonder if they will back off now that they landed Miller.

They have enough decent guys in the rotation to fill the 3-5 spots.  They were just lacking that 1-2 punch at the top of the rotation.  They definitely have that now.  

Why did the cubs sign zobrist with the young talent they have?

Because they got rid of Castro, so Zobs moves into 2b

I like the mix, Zobs gives them a steady vet bat who is very versatile which can be key in a long season full of injuries

Cubs had too many high K guys, needed a contact bat 

I know they moved Castro tripp but they signed a 35 year old to a 4 year 60 million dollar deal. Castro is what 25 with 38 million left? They should have traded Schwarber the fat ass to the american league. He doesn't have a position.

Schwarber is the best player on the Cubs other than Arrieta, but i agree trading Castro was really a stupid move.

i just hate that he is going to the Yankees