Zobrist to Cubs/ Castro to Yanks/Shelby Miller to Arizona

Yanks

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

10 years 200+ million for Heyward is crazy talk though.

I would rather have Cespedes or Upton at half the price.

I'm still a bit skeptical of a player who has more than 35% of his value tied to his defense in the outfield. Heyward is young, but has't really progressed much as a hitter.

Rather have Gordon for even less than Cespedes and Upton

Cards lost Lynn and Lackey.  Their rotation is pretty average right now.  They better hope Wain is still Wain

If C-Mart comes back strong and better, they still have a nice front end but relying on Jaimie to stay healthy as the 4... jfc. They will find some bum in the minors to be their 5th starter and pitch lights out. Shit happens every year. 

Wacha/Wain/CMart

JFC, right after I say that 10 years is too much for Heyward, word comes out that the White Sox are the secret team in on Heyward for 10 years.  :gun

agree to disagree.

talent wise he is as good as any SS in baseball IMO.

However like many latin american players he does come across as selfish, lazy, and not focused on winning.

very similar to Hanley Ramirez in that regard.

Hanley Ramirez hit 33 HR's and stole 35 bases as a 24 year old with a 940 OPS.

Comparing Castro to Hanley. JFC

If C-Mart comes back strong and better, they still have a nice front end but relying on Jaimie to stay healthy as the 4... jfc. They will find some bum in the minors to be their 5th starter and pitch lights out. Shit happens every year. 

Wacha/Wain/CMart

JFC, right after I say that 10 years is too much for Heyward, word comes out that the White Sox are the secret team in on Heyward for 10 years.  :gun

Hahn  :clap

god is going to teach you a lesson if you keep taking his name in vein Timely

i would advice you to remove that phrase from your vocabulary

your god can kiss my ass.  :cigar

Hahn   :clap

Hoping it's just a smoke screen to swoop in on J-Up. White Sox giving 200+ million when they've never given over 100 million seems crazy. He's black though, and you know Kenny loves that.  White Sox never leak anything, so I wonder how it even got out. Maybe Heyward agent trying to use it as leverage. 

He played better as the season went on.  Was Zobrist's 274 average and 14 homers that much better?

As a Mets fan I am thrilled they didn't get him.  I would take the 25 year old with a higher ceiling and less money/years.

Yeah, Zobrist .359 on base and starlin only .296. Wasn't even close. Also zobrist is a good defender with multiple positions he can play. Last year his D numbers rated as bad tho. So maybe he's too old for defense?