Zobrist to Cubs/ Castro to Yanks/Shelby Miller to Arizona

Yanks

Because they got rid of Castro, so Zobs moves into 2b

I like the mix, Zobs gives them a steady vet bat who is very versatile which can be key in a long season full of injuries

Cubs had too many high K guys, needed a contact bat 

Move makes no sense.

Castro for the next 4 years is probably as valuable as Zobrist and Castro could actually end up being more valuable. 

Weird move by the Cubs.

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe Joe Maddon just likes Ben Zobrist from his days he coached him in Tampa Bay.

Maybe Joe Maddon does not like Starlin Castro and thinks he is bad for team chemistry.

who knows??

i think Zobrist is a good ball player but Castro has hall of fame potential

lol

please stop

Starlin was a stud last year

.265 and 11 HRs with no defense. What an all star  :scooter

He played better as the season went on.  Was Zobrist's 274 average and 14 homers that much better?

As a Mets fan I am thrilled they didn't get him.  I would take the 25 year old with a higher ceiling and less money/years.

Theo extended big papi a couple times I believe. He signed Manny to an extension, no?

Castro to zobrist seems lateral to me.

Basically paid 18 million to acquire andrew warren.

Correct but power hitters who can't run are different than guys hitting a ball and standing at home plate watching it hit the center field fence for a long single.  

Guys like Papi can get away with stuff like that.  Castro just doesnt fit his type of player.  

Ftr, i didnt realize Zobrist was 34.  I thought he was late 20's or 30/31.  I do think he is a small upgrade from Castro

He's going to be 35 when the season starts.

Given that both were locked up for four years, I'd guess that Castro accumulates more WAR than zobrist over the next four years.

Zobrist a nice veteran for the young club though.

Castro supposedly made some adjustment the final two months and really took off. He's young enough that the adjustment may actually be something real

I don't like old position players that much.

D-Backs will miss Inciarte; Tomas is horrible.  Grienke obviously a huge addition, but don't think they're much better than a .500 team

Cubs are loaded

Pollock and Perelta may be good enough defensively to make up for the how bad Tomas is out there.

Greinke/Shelby/Corbin

with

Pollock/Goldy/Perelta

is a nice core.

That bullpen is shit though.

Cubs and Dbacks strong NL.... Red Sox shaping their bullpen like Royals... Dodgers need better starting pitchers, stay tuned...

Dont think the Dbacks are one of the top teams in the NL still..still have holes that Grienke/Miller dont fill. Better and possible contender but lets not throw them up as a 90+ win team yet

Dbacks future odds are going down a lot at 5dimes. From 36/1 a week ago to 20/1 now. Still listed well behind Cubs, Dodgers, Cards, Mets, Nats, Giants, Pirates from the NL though

On paper Cubs without question look like the most complete team. Really all they need is some bullpen help unless they dont get another ace season from Arrieta (dont need last years season, just normal ace numbers).

Cubs had impeccable luck with health last year. 

Cardinals were incredibly unlucky with health last year.

If Cards can resign Heyward, I would still make them the favorite in the NL.

Cubs second in line though - unless Dodgers can get Cueto and a big bat. 

Mets need a bat, and I could see their young arms taking a step back after the big innings increases.