Zobrist to Cubs/ Castro to Yanks/Shelby Miller to Arizona

Yanks

8 years 185 million. JFC. 

Has a contract of this length ever worked in MLB? I don't believe so. 

Depends on how you define worked

A Rod got signed to a long deal in New York and was a huge reason they won a WS during that contract. He was also a mega stud for the early years. Now of course he isnt worth the money but if you told the Yanks all of this before the contract was signed would they still do the deal? my guess is yes (ignoring all the off the field issues that happened during the duration of the contract)

Just like if Price is bad for the final 3 years of the Red Sox contract but he helps them win a WS in the first 4 years idk that they would think thats a bad deal

At least with Heyward also you are getting mainly prime years. The only issue with him is questioning whether his prime is even good enough to warrant that contract 

• Replies 151
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stanton got 325 M and he is older and not as good as Trout/Harper

Trout/Harper would get 400 M, no question in my mind.

Stanton didn't actually get 325 million though. Need to read up on his contract.

It was very back loaded with team and player options that the Marlins will decline.

He also signed it at same age as harper and trout are now I believe.

The market values elite players at 30-32 million a year. Trout and harper would Probably get slightly more and at absurd years like 10 years.

Wowser, so the Astro's gave up Appel in the trade for Giles not Fisher.

I think Appel blows, and is overrated because he was the 1st pick in the draft, but the Astros still pretended like he was in their future plans.

Apparently not.

The Phillies will receive Velasquez, Oberholtzer, Eshelman,Mark Appel, and Harold Arauz

Holy fuck what a haul for the Phillies.

Think the main thing the deal shows is that Houston has given up on Appel and obv does not value him as a #1 overall pick. Guy has done nothing but get smacked around in the minors since being drafted. 

Looks like a lot on paper but we'll see how many, if any of those guys turn out to be good MLB players. Meanwhile Giles is a stud reliever and Houston is close to winning now