The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

Shoulda took a pic of my applebee's today but I didn't want to look like asshole landers and have everyone staring at me over taking pictures of white trash America poverty dishes. 

It was terrible. 

I take pictures of everything. My wife thinks I'm pretty weird with it, but she doesn't say anything. Only time she did was when I posted my frozen shrimp before/afters in here. While the oven was preheating she was like "I know you like keeping pictures of food you make, but why the hell you doing selfies with the seapak shrimp?"

I take pictures of everything. My wife thinks I'm pretty weird with it, but she doesn't say anything. Only time she did was when I posted my frozen shrimp before/afters in here. While the oven was preheating she was like "I know you like keeping pictures of food you make, but why the hell you doing selfies with the seapak shrimp?"

She may have said something else before, but I believe that one was what made her really concerned for me.

:lol

Guy at work talks about Culvers often. Closest one to me is a couple hours away and I'd never even heard of them until recently. I think the are opening one in Asheville, NC soon, which is not too far over the mountain for me. He said the custards were top drawer. 

Never been to a culvers

Will add it to my poverty fast food bucket list.

I will tell you after years of wanting to have sonic again (had it in Texas as a teenager and remember liking it) I was highly disappointed. To the point where I threw it all out.

Did have shake shack in Vegas and really liked it.

Sonic is common here. I enjoy the slushes and drinks, but haven't had the food in quite some time. They used to have really good onion rings there. Seems like quality of basically everywhere has gone to shit. Couple that with the limited options I have around here, I believe that is why I like to cook and learn more about food. 

We have a local drive through only hot dog place that is much better than Sonic for a burger, dog, and fries. So I usually hit that up for Sonic-type food. 

Frosted Grapes:

These bastards are good. Especially since it's so hot out everywhere. Just 2 minutes to prep and 45 minutes to chill. 

Rinse red seedless grapes, but do not dry. 

Use ziplock bags or a big plastic bowl to transfer the grapes to. Take your favorite Jello flavor and pour over the semi-wet grapes and toss around. You can use sugar free, but it doesn't stick as well if I recall. 

Put container in freezer, uncovered, for 45 minutes to 1 hour. If you go much longer than that they will freeze too solid and be tougher to eat. This time frame gets them very very cold but still watery when you bite into them. 

If you don't want the sugar from the jello, just freezing the plain grapes for about an hour makes them very good on a hot day.

I made a huge dinner for a friend and his wife some time back. I put tons of effort into it and made a lot of top drawer stuff. I did these just to snack around on while I was finishing the meal when they got here. All they talked about were the grapes, not the other shit I spent all day on. 

Speaking of grapes.....Joey, are you familiar with this spot in Cali and their patented strain of grapes? 

http://grapery.biz/index.php/grapes/cotton-candy

Picked up some of these the other day and they taste just like cotton candy. Reading a little and they claim about same nutrition info as regular grapes. Interesting for sure.

Yes!!! They have a bunch of other strains too. I actually posted them in the poverty thread recently. I love them.

The witches finger ones are the oddest. Cotton candy tastes the best. The whole foods by me carries a few other varietals i haven't tried yet.

Yes!!! They have a bunch of other strains too. I actually posted them in the poverty thread recently. I love them.

The witches finger ones are the oddest. Cotton candy tastes the best. The whole foods by me carries a few other varietals i haven't tried yet.

Hell, I may have talked to you about them and forgot. 

They had them at The Fresh Market this past weekend. All they had were cotton candy ones. They were very good. Expensive though.