The Poverty Meal Thread [Pictures & Videos]

Miley Cyrus

You are a buzzkill.

Volunteer somewhere, and for one or two hours a week, focus on everything else besides yourself and your problems.

Or do the impossible? Go somewhere, talk to people, and DONT turn the conversation to yourself, you'll be amazed how it'll work.

Big news is I won 2 of the 3 raffles I entered. $10 got you 3 tickets to drop in one of several different prize packages. 

One prize I won was a 7 day boarding for our dog. I entered this one because not many were in that one and I'll need it in October. It usually sets us back a couple hundred for the week when we need it, so that helps out a lot. 

Main prize - I won a one night stay at a local spot and includes two bottles of wine and a certificate for a gourmet olive oil tasting. 

20190502-230138.jpg

20190502-230418.jpg

20190502-230437.jpg

Bonus: I know the girl that set up the snack table, and she sent me home with a couple bags of chips and salsa. 

Big night for $10. 

A question for Sweep or others:  Is skirt steak and flank steak the same thing?  Just wondering if the is regional verbage difference between the 2

Flank is a tougher cut due to almost no fat/marbling.....Flank I would marinate for a day or very least a few hours.   Flank is located at the back of the belly while the skirt plate is towards the front by the brisket.    Flank is great for pepper steak if tenderized.  Skirt u can manipulate however you want.  Flank prob about $3/$4 a pound more expensive than skirt.   Your cooking IQ needs to be high or else your gonna fuck a flank up very easily