Can we ban the snitch please?

rito

Prohibitions do not do anyone any good, especially society.  Putting aside the question of who has the right to tell someone else how to live, prohibiting substances only produces a black market.  The people that want to partake will partake anyway.

How much has the War on Drugs cost America?  And, who has been helped because of it? 

If we live in the Land of the Free, shouldn't we be free?

Prohibitions do not do anyone any good, especially society.  Putting aside the question of who has the right to tell someone else how to live, prohibiting substances only produces a black market.  The people that want to partake will partake anyway.

How much has the War on Drugs cost America?  And, who has been helped because of it? 

If we live in the Land of the Free, shouldn't we be free?

I get your point, and you are correct with you general thinking.  I think.

But laws outlawing certain substances I do think help law abiding citizens.  I am proof.

If I could go buy Percs or Oxy's right now, I would.  And I'd probably be hooked in 3 weeks.  That shit feels so good with a beer. 

I get your point, and you are correct with you general thinking.  I think.

But laws outlawing certain substances I do think help law abiding citizens.  I am proof.

If I could go buy Percs or Oxy's right now, I would.  And I'd probably be hooked in 3 weeks.  That shit feels so good with a beer. 

I realize that there is a problem with my stance.  Society pays a price for the people that become not only non-producers, but criminals or charity cases.  However, that price is way overcompensated for by the cost of the War on Drugs.  And, if those drugs were not illegal - they would be much, much cheaper and the addicts would not have to rob to obtain them.

In cases like yours - I suppose that would be another cost of freedom for the rest of us.  You are happy that you have lost this freedom, but many people running this country are happy that we are losing our free speech.  That doesn't make it right.  We all should have the freedom to choose.  Even if we make bad choices, at least we had a choice.