bitcoin dropping FAST!

plommer

• Replies 788
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

No reason other than account being frozen.

Or do you me to use it in general? It's a very easy platform and I love it other than this issue and no customer service

plommer uses coinbase because they accept the visa debit card linked to his chequing acct at a Canadian bank.

He buys his bitcoin then immediately sends it somewhere, it never stays in coinbases posession for more than 20 mins max.

this is fucking unreal. i just cashed out most of my books for the season and had to go around cancelling them all this past hour. only betonline wont let me cancel a payout. who does that?

always figured coinbase was the sears roebuck of the bitcoin world. aaa rated i assumed

i might have just got real lucky thanks to IAG's warning

dont they stop the stockmarket if it looks like it will crash giving ppl a time to cool down?

maybe thats what coinbase is doing

. I wish. it's been frozen for a week and some people's accounts have been frozen for months.

They have a system problem and they got I have time to fix it. They had like 40,000 people sign up one day last week they're understaffed and having too many problems. The owner/CEO type tweeted out something about how they were going to be hiring more staff and apologizing for all the problems etc but they are not getting fixed...and the whole place was closed down for for five hours just yesterday or day before.

. I wish. it's been frozen for a week and some people's accounts have been frozen for months.

They have a system problem and they got I have time to fix it. They had like 40,000 people sign up one day last week they're understaffed and having too many problems. The owner/CEO type tweeted out something about how they were going to be hiring more staff and apologizing for all the problems etc but they are not getting fixed...and the whole place was closed down for for five hours just yesterday or day before.

too much business. bullshit

the overbooked hotel excuse. bs

this is fucking unreal. i just cashed out most of my books for the season and had to go around cancelling them all this past hour. only betonline wont let me cancel a payout. who does that?

always figured coinbase was the sears roebuck of the bitcoin world. aaa rated i assumed

i might have just got real lucky thanks to IAG's warning

You are probably fine KK. I don't really understand what is happening with everybody else except the people who have a similar situation to mine.I don't know if you followed what happened in my situation. I was wmaking buys through a linked savings account. Because of the buy limits, I was having to make a number of small transactions at first. I did not realize by law, a high-yield savings account has a six with drawl/transaction limit on it per cycle. So six transactions went through and all the rest did not. I called American Express bank and they explained what was going on so I immediately contacted Coinbase – this is about a month ago I think. .I assumed that I would not get the coins because they didn't take the money. But I did..... I could have transfered them all immediately to another wallet and closed my account there but insteadbecause i, honest, I notified them, changed my payment method, and sent them several emails asking them to bill me for the coins they had given me...all I got in return was generic responses saying they would get back to me. They never did.

In the meantime I am continuing to buy with my credit card and my checking account and receiving things just fine. On advice of Plommer. I did move a good chunk of that money out because he explained how their algorithms work and they won't take a personal look at it it's all run by robots so if Something flags you're screwed because of their awful customer service.

The way it is supposed to work is that if you have a payment reversed for any reason, they give you a choice of an alternate payment method. That is what they finally asked me for a week ago, and I clicked credit card and it said that my payment was being processed. Now it's been a week and they have not even presented the transaction to my credit card company. But they have frozen my account so I can't buy which is fine, but I can't sell or transfer either so I am stuck. So to the extent I didn't know about this savings account transaction limit, it was my fault, however I gave them the heads up immediately before they even contacted me. But the bigger issue is the alternate payment function that is supposed to kick in in this situation is not working. It takes your information but it doesn't process the payment. This is what I am reading from many in same boat. I have read from others they have acknowledge the problem, but have given no timeframe for it being fixed so my 12 K could be stuck there for many more months according to what I'm reading from other people.

Also I have seen many other people's accounts frozen because of verification of identity issues. I don't know anything about that.

Like I said, it works well if everything works well, but between this and the frequent closing down for hours, makes me not want to deal with them in the future. May have to get a lawyer involved if I lose a bunch on a price drop. I have read the rules and regulations or terms and conditions and my situation does not apply in any of them. They have no right to cancel my transactions or to hold my money. There are certain cases where they are allowed to freeze the wallets, but this is not one of them.

too much business. bullshit

the overbooked hotel excuse. bs

Yeah Google Coinbase customer support and see what you find Lots of horror stories. Of course many more that run smoothly I am sure if you make sure to dot all your is and and cross your ts.. Regardless, it shouldn't take months to get a response from customer support while they hold your money hostage.

You are probably fine KK. I don't really understand what is happening with everybody else except the people who have a similar situation to mine.I don't know if you followed what happened in my situation. I was wmaking buys through a linked savings account. Because of the buy limits, I was having to make a number of small transactions at first. I did not realize by law, a high-yield savings account has a six with drawl/transaction limit on it per cycle. So six transactions went through and all the rest did not. I called American Express bank and they explained what was going on so I immediately contacted Coinbase – this is about a month ago I think. .I assumed that I would not get the coins because they didn't take the money. But I did..... I could have transfered them all immediately to another wallet and closed my account there but insteadbecause i, honest, I notified them, changed my payment method, and sent them several emails asking them to bill me for the coins they had given me...all I got in return was generic responses saying they would get back to me. They never did.

In the meantime I am continuing to buy with my credit card and my checking account and receiving things just fine. On advice of Plommer. I did move a good chunk of that money out because he explained how their algorithms work and they won't take a personal look at it it's all run by robots so if Something flags you're screwed because of their awful customer service.

The way it is supposed to work is that if you have a payment reversed for any reason, they give you a choice of an alternate payment method. That is what they finally asked me for a week ago, and I clicked credit card and it said that my payment was being processed. Now it's been a week and they have not even presented the transaction to my credit card company. But they have frozen my account so I can't buy which is fine, but I can't sell or transfer either so I am stuck. So to the extent I didn't know about this savings account transaction limit, it was my fault, however I gave them the heads up immediately before they even contacted me. But the bigger issue is the alternate payment function that is supposed to kick in in this situation is not working. It takes your information but it doesn't process the payment. This is what I am reading from many in same boat. I have read from others they have acknowledge the problem, but have given no timeframe for it being fixed so my 12 K could be stuck there for many more months according to what I'm reading from other people.

Also I have seen many other people's accounts frozen because of verification of identity issues. I don't know anything about that.

Like I said, it works well if everything works well, but between this and the frequent closing down for hours, makes me not want to deal with them in the future. May have to get a lawyer involved if I lose a bunch on a price drop. I have read the rules and regulations or terms and conditions and my situation does not apply in any of them. They have no right to cancel my transactions or to hold my money. There are certain cases where they are allowed to freeze the wallets, but this is not one of them.

odds are you will get your money back and hopefully 12k doesnt keep you up at night. but if it was me id be pissed

They paid out a bunch of people extra bitcoin by mistake.

I'm guessing they figured out who was mistakenly paid and locked their accounts until they figure everything out

Their cs is horrendous though

Where did you read this? Can I get a link? I'm curious if it's a similar situation to mine where I posted here a month ago that it probably wasn't a good business practice to be giving people coins for which they have not paid.

odds are you will get your money back and hopefully 12k doesnt keep you up at night. but if it was me id be pissed

What really bothers me is I don't know if I actually own the coins or if they are going to refund me because I received conflicting information and only through generic emails. I hope I do too. The first night I was angry but now I've let it go. As long as it doesn't disappear. I have all my records and attempts to contact them.

12k would definitely cut into my gains.... I really just want it resolved one way or the other and not to lose my purchase amount anyway. We'll see what happens. Live and learn. Just never occurred to me that there was a Federal limit on withdrawls out of a savings account.

Here is more succinct version of what is going on with many at the CB community site.

https://community.coinbase.com/t/payment-pending-we-are-still-waiting-for-funds-from-a-recent-payment-your-account-will-be-restored-as-soon-as-we-receive-funds/15230