#louisianaLivesMatter..... Our Brother got shot while pinned down by cops

maron

• Replies 246
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Teddy, you are supporting and trusting George Zimmerman right now. 

The same guy who threatened his girlfriend with a loaded shotgun?

The same guy who threw a wine bottle at his girlfriend in an argument? 

The same guy who tried to profit off the gun he used to kill an unarmed person? 

I don't think the purpose of neighborhood watch is to have some raging, power hungry, lunatic walking around the neighborhood looking for people to harass and shoot; maybe that's just me though. 

guy got warped by things. did nothing wrong and all the sudden hes a super-villian......that would make anyone snap

Guy had already had one restraining order for domestic violence taken out against him 7 years before Trayvon Martin even existed... 

Don't let the facts get in the way of your narrative though. 

was he charged with a crime?

one restraining order from a decade back lol

funny these guys defend thugs.....they should move to nigeria. they wouldnt last 30 days

Mike Brown... you want to say he was a threat and we don't know the entire story and the cop was within his right. Fine, you can make that argument and I can't refute it with facts. Given how far he was from the officer, I tend to think the officer had other options but I don't know for certain.

How you bring up Trayvon Martin and Freddy Gray I'll never know though.

Gray died in POLICE CUSTODY from injuries sustained while restrained. He was chased and arrested because he made eye contact with police, and then was found to have an illegal "switchblade" in his possession lol! His death was ruled a homicide by the medical examiner. The city settled for 6.4 Million with the Gray's before they ever even filed a wrongful death suit. 

Martin was killed by a trigger happy lunatic who had multiple anger management stints, and had beaten or threatened three of his girlfriends with extreme violence. 

Kinger....instead of dong your daily threads about your body or your food why don't you set up a debate team 5 on 5 and have a debate on one of these hot topics and have the forum vote ...

Don't give me excuse that this is a gambling site when u post daily about your breast size and roast beef and bean it butter sammich

Exactly. Timely and Maron convicted them just from that video

convicted him? at least these officers will have their right to due process; something this guy will never receive. Must be nice.

I used eye witness testimony from the closest person and a video. You have chosen to defend the other side (you claim you aren't, but it's quite clear you are) because a police officer said it so it must be true. 

I can't use the body cams, because although they are capable of staying on during free falling from an airplane, they amazingly fell off during this fatal altercation. What a coincidence. 

Police shouldn't be killing people; period.

sure, the consequences are called due process; you know, a right we were granted under the constitution that Cop so vehemently supports and defends.... except when he doesn't.

the consequences for theft, and etc, certainly is not death.

a cops job is to defuse, not escalate, a situation. They are there to serve the people, not play judge, juror and executioner. Sorry, but that's just not how the way things go, and I couldn't care less if you were white/black/latino/asian/martian.

You still playing baseball at Penn State?

Thought your fantasies would have had you in the majors by now...

was he charged with a crime?

one restraining order from a decade back lol

funny these guys defend thugs.....they should move to nigeria. they wouldnt last 30 days

Violence against women certainly isn't a pattern I like to see in anyone. 

most domestic violence and rape cases go uncharged. Does that mean they didn't happen? 

I defend our right to due process, and am anti-militarized and overly aggressive police force. 

Our police officers kill citizens at 70 times or more the rate of other first world countries. It's unacceptable. My views on police violence don't change in regards to victims race; as many posters in this thread do.

Violence against women certainly isn't a pattern I like to see in anyone. 

most domestic violence and rape cases go uncharged. Does that mean they didn't happen? 

I defend our right to due process, and am anti-militarized and overly aggressive police force. 

Our police officers kill citizens at 70 times or more the rate of other first world countries. It's unacceptable. My views on police violence don't change in regards to victims race; as many posters in this thread do.

George snapped after he was railroaded

why dont you post the records of these thugs BEFORE the altercation  :scratch

I tend to agree with this but this guy had every chance to comply and have his day in court. What would officer timely have done in this situation?

That's not how resisting arrest works; there is nothing under resisting arrest that states if you do so, you will be killed and your right to due process will be taken away.

Deadly force should be the ABSOLUTE LAST option. What's funny, is as I noted, other first world countries have absolutely no problem following this. Cops in this country get away with it on a consistent basis, so they always use the "I feared for my life" claim, and they get away with their careless actions. This is a big problem. People fear the police which is not good; it makes citizens scared when confronted by them, and police scared when confronting civilians they know don't trust them and fear them.

Here are some things you could do... 

if you and your partner aren't capable of defusing a situation, and can't restrain the suspect, call for back-up. They had him on the ground. I find it hard to believe that they couldn't remove said weapon from his pocket. I found it even harder to believe they could not roll him over (they already body slammed him) or restrain his arms long enough to cuff him. If they can't do it, call for help. This guy wasn't holding up the store and taking hostages. Time is your friend. Time helps all parties calm down. With the coverage of police violence in this country (and rightfully so given the statistics), it's hard for people to blindly trust officers. This is the fault of the system, not the people.

emotions got the best of the officers. This is more of a problem with the entire system than it is with this singular instance. 

Jim, some of us are having an actual discussion. I'm sorry I refuted your inaccurate statements.

all you are doing by posting nonsense is proving that you have nothing of substance to add. no worries.

You refuted nothing Doofus.

The fact remains if you don't want problems with the police, maybe street crimes are something you should avoid...

An indigenous woman in Calgary, Canada who yelled “I hate white people” before punching a white woman in the face and knocking her tooth out did not commit a racially motivated hate crime, a provincial court judge has ruled.

many people feel that african americans can not be racist because they were transplanted to an environment not of their choosing...I am not one of them but have heard it been debated