Anyone been in MINIMUM security prison?

KingKolzig

I did 4.5 yrs at Pelican Bay for man slaughter......you won't believe this but it's way easier then your local jail, you know who's who and there ain't no wanba be tuff guys trying to test you every day and then run to the guards after you Fvck them and take their candy bars or smokes

Teddy is the only guy so far to say anything credible.

I did a 15 to 40 year stretch for cocaine in State Prison.   And, some earlier jail time on a few occasions as a youngster.

If you are going to do time, you do not want to do jail time.  It is a short stay - two years max, here.  But, while in JAIL, you have nothing to do and nowhere to go.  You are stuffed into an overcrowded cell with a bunch of goons who stay up and yell all night long.  Never out of that small cell with the other 11 idiots.

When you go to PRISON, you have access to more reading material, and you have access to the outside yard, schools and other activities.  The lights go out at night, and the place is kept quiet.  Time goes much quicker - but you have more of it.

You can get involved in all sorts of drama in either place - but jail is worse.  Some of the bravado gets lost from jail to prison, as Teddy points out, and today is not like you see in the movies or on TV for the most part.  You can be a victim of a predator or you can get involved in a dangerous activity, of course, but I discovered that I could get along very well during my time as long as I stayed in my own lane.

Yeah I was just telling the tell that I had heard first hand by so many close friends and just put my name in for fun...

But just like you said they said....When my first buddy went to prison we were all scared for him and I still remember his first phone call to us and him telling us how cool everyone was and the more I heard it from many of friends (the best man in my wedding got 3-strikes) the more I understood that these guys new they were in for a long stay and excepted it and wanted to make it as less difficult then it had to be.

It's a 1yr max stay here in Cali and another friend of mine just got out and said every time a new guy gets in the cell the house mouse gives an order to someone to 'check his papers' and if he's found out to be a child molester or woman beater then you have to beat him down on the spot or you're getting a blanket party that night.

From all accounts I've heard it's night and day from jail to prison