The fantasy football strategy/discussion thread (the non-shit talking thread)

Sol Aristatel

When Keenan Allen went down I figured I was screwed at the WR position.  But thankfully some of these guys that I picked up late have worked out for me.  I think you could argue that all of these guys are probably 2nd tier, which is solid since a couple of them were picked up off the scrap heap or drafted late.  

So how would you rank these guys right now?  Of course, making a decision on match ups each week plays in when deciding who plays and who sits.  But all things equal, how would you rank these?  

Brandin Cooks

Will Fuller

Sammy Coates

Mike Wallace

Randall Cobb

What you think Moseph?  

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cooks probably best guy will lay some turds with a few tough matchups but probably the highest scorer of the bunch by years end.  

Fuller

Cobb-started slow last year as well but showed some life last week

Flip a coin with these two

Coates

Wallace-new offensive coordinator hopefully lets Flacco shoot him deep balls a little more often 

Could be argued all could be top 30 rest of season WRs with none of them really being weekly sure things either.  Fuller, Coates and Wallace especially being deep ball guys.  

Good luck

Cooks probably best guy will lay some turds with a few tough matchups but probably the highest scorer of the bunch by years end.  

Fuller

Cobb-started slow last year as well but showed some life last week

Flip a coin with these two

Coates

Wallace-new offensive coordinator hopefully lets Flacco shoot him deep balls a little more often 

Could be argued all could be top 30 rest of season WRs with none of them really being weekly sure things either.  Fuller, Coates and Wallace especially being deep ball guys.  

Good luck

Thanks for the input.

Big Ben seems to love Coates.  Coates dropped three balls on Sunday, and he kept going to him anyway.  Picking up another TD late in the game.  Plus he's a legit deep threat.  He seems like he's Ben's number 2 guy now.  

That WR core is pretty bad. We also need to know who your qb is in order to rank. Coates has more value if Big Ben is your qb.

Scoring would help too...ppr or not?

As soon as Cooks has a big game try and trade him for a #1 on a team without a QB who spreads the ball around so much....its like roulette trying to figure out which WR will get the big points for NO on any given Sunday.

That WR core is pretty bad. We also need to know who your qb is in order to rank. Coates has more value if Big Ben is your qb.

Scoring would help too...ppr or not?

As soon as Cooks has a big game try and trade him for a #1 on a team without a QB who spreads the ball around so much....its like roulette trying to figure out which WR will get the big points for NO on any given Sunday.

Pretty bad?  Are you even paying attention this season?  Besides Cooks and Cobb, the other 3 have far exceeded expectations and have become solid WR options this season. 

And Luck is my QB and its a .5 ppr league..

Pretty bad?  Are you even paying attention this season?  Besides Cooks and Cobb, the other 3 have far exceeded expectations and have become solid WR options this season. 

And Luck is my QB and its a .5 ppr league..

Thats why it is bad WR core Disabler.

The top 2 have sucked and are on teams with qbs that play fantasy point roulette with their the receiving options.....Coates is a boom/bust only really playable in DFS because he is cheap.....Wallace and Fuller have already started to regress to expectations.

Pretty bad

Try to package Cooks or Cobb in a trade for a true #1. Now would be good time to unload Cobb but that he is listed as questionable after that big hit.

Thats why it is bad WR core Disabler.

The top 2 have sucked and are on teams with qbs that play fantasy point roulette with their the receiving options.....Coates is a boom/bust only really playable in DFS because he is cheap.....Wallace and Fuller have already started to regress to expectations.

Pretty bad

Try to package Cooks or Cobb in a trade for a true #1. Now would be good time to unload Cobb but that he is listed as questionable after that big hit.

Well, I'm not trying do say that my WR group is great.  But I think calling them "bad" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Trade ideas are always great in theory, but finding a dancing partner is not always the easiest thing to do..

Well, I'm not trying do say that my WR group is great.  But I think calling them "bad" is a bit of an exaggeration.

Trade ideas are always great in theory, but finding a dancing partner is not always the easiest thing to do..

Its bad for a season long...sure those are good options week 2 week in DFS.

Easiest way to trade Cobb or Cooks is sell them to whoever has Brees or Rodgers. Most owners will bite in some way at that.

You could probably get someone like Evans for Cooks and a rb2/rb3 off a Brees/Rodgers owner.

Its bad for a season long...sure those are good options week 2 week in DFS.

Easiest way to trade Cobb or Cooks is sell them to whoever has Brees or Rodgers. Most owners will bite in some way at that.

You could probably get someone like Evans for Cooks and a rb2/rb3 off a Brees/Rodgers owner.

Yeah.  Im definitely looking at doing something to improve my roster.  Thus the reason for starting the thread..

Of course things are objective, but according to this site, all 5 of my WR are in the top 35. I wouldn't label that as a BAD group if you look at these rankings.  And keep in mind, I lost my top WR when Keenan Allen went down.. http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/12/13255266/fantasy-football-rankings-week-6-2016-wide-receivers-ppr

Yeah.  Im definitely looking at doing something to improve my roster.  Thus the reason for starting the thread..

Of course things are objective, but according to this site, all 5 of my WR are in the top 35. I wouldn't label that as a BAD group if you look at these rankings.  And keep in mind, I lost my top WR when Keenan Allen went down.. http://www.sbnation.com/2016/10/12/13255266/fantasy-football-rankings-week-6-2016-wide-receivers-ppr

Like I said week to week it will be ok. This week is projected to be ok but you are still playing fantasy roulette with your top 2 WRs. Could still be a terrible week.

Sucks about Allen as he was a true #1 and made that a good WR core over season long.

Not sure of rest of league dynamic but if you're talking packaging guys look for a guy like Allen Robinson or maybe a guy thinking he is selling high on Marvin Jones.  

Being only half point PPR takes away from others you might target like Landry or even Marshall.    Keep cooks if possible as guy has a great schedule toward end of year into fantasy playoffs if you make it.  

Not sure of rest of league dynamic but if you're talking packaging guys look for a guy like Allen Robinson or maybe a guy thinking he is selling high on Marvin Jones.

Being only half point PPR takes away from others you might target like Landry or even Marshall. Keep cooks if possible as guy has a great schedule toward end of year into fantasy playoffs if you make it.

How would that be selling high on Jones?

Guy is an absolute monster. No way the jones owner is moving him for any of those receivers paired together.

When Keenan Allen went down I figured I was screwed at the WR position. But thankfully some of these guys that I picked up late have worked out for me. I think you could argue that all of these guys are probably 2nd tier, which is solid since a couple of them were picked up off the scrap heap or drafted late.

So how would you rank these guys right now? Of course, making a decision on match ups each week plays in when deciding who plays and who sits. But all things equal, how would you rank these?

Brandin Cooks

Will Fuller

Sammy Coates

Mike Wallace

Randall Cobb

What you think Moseph?

I gave you Coates. YW