Huh? ....up by 7 and go for 2

FISHHEAD

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm a football simpleton for saying he should of ran it on that SB play.

Sol agrees, that he would of ran it as well. But quickly wants to let people know "I'm not a football simpleton"

Guy can't stay on the same page for the 10 minutes it took him to write that up. 100 words later he's agrees that a run is better and forgot that he called me a simpleton for saying that.

Must have parent teacher conferences today and we all know gym teachers don't participate in those, so he's pounding brews all afternoon, cursing out his wife for not letting him use her credit card to buy a 24 pack and upset he only went 2-1 on yesterdays bets to profit 9 bucks and he could only get a 12 pk of budlight.

I can't look down on sol for having an afternoon beer.

I can't look down on sol for having an afternoon beer.

Wish I could have a beer right now. Im bored to death.

Its funny how this Simpleton thinks just because I would make a certain call in a situation, that I can't also understand the logic for calling something different.

His simple mind must not be able to comprehend that.

I actually loved the call to go for 2

If you kick the extra point you're up 8

If New England scores they go for 2. They are so well coached they probably have a play that is an AUTOMATIC successful 2pt conversion

If Seattle gets the 2 point conversion, they're up 9 and the game is basically over. I like the call

Too bad they didn't use that 100% 2 pt conversion play in the AFC championship game last year

"But — bottom line — does going for two give the Seahawks a better chance to win? Technically, no. Although the success rate of going for two actually results in a higher win percentage, as this statistical deep dive from SB Nation last summer shows, it might not be worth the risk of missing.

Then consider that being up seven points results in a 61.5 percent win chance (all win probabilities here via Pro Football Reference) for the Seahawks; going up eight increases that to a little more than 75 percent; but making it a nine-point lead only increases it to 85.2 percent. So technically, assuming the success rate of a two-point conversion is roughly a 50-50 deal, the Seahawks actually had more to lose (a 13.5-percent differential between being up seven vs. eight points) in missing than they did to gain by making it (a 10.2-percent differential vs. being up eight vs. nine)."

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/pete-carrolls-decision-to-go-for-two-worked-out-but-was-it-the-right-call-170835066.html

Like I said originally, the math is not overwhelming for either argument. So things like this go down in the "feel of the game" and who your opponent is category.

As always, Uncle D owns the Chopstick.

So basically what your saying, is that Pete Carroll, one of the best coaches in the NFL, completely went on impulse and said "screw the chart" when deciding to go for 2. Is this what you are saying?

which one is it?

A 13% differential compared to 10%. Very close there. That's my whole point retards. If the math is close, coaches sometimes will make gut decisions based on the opponent and the flow of the game.

They also have charts for a reason. And on every chart there are numbers that can be close. Coaches play the obvious with the chart. Like Pete does 99% of the time. Pete knew exactly what the odds were on his chart. And he took a shot anyway becaue the math was close and the feel of the game.

Do I have to win every debate with you guys?

Its almost not fair.