Anybody get the $1000 Bonus from Xpressbet to come back?

Tomorrow's Newspaper

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't the keep around 20% in racing?  if so, you wager 5000 you are expected to lose 1000 and then they give you 1000 which you have to bet to cash out.  Leaving you with around $4800 of the $5000.  

No?

Correct, but if you make conservative plays like show bets on heavy favorites, you can probably come out with a small profit.  Its definitely not as good as the last one.  

All my people are texting and emailing me about this promo.  Some of them do not want to accept that there is no value in this deal.

i didn't get the deal but there is value to it

betting huge chalk to show in 5 horse races would probably lose about 3-5% on average, nowhere close to 20% house edge since those horses will show well over 90% of the time

i didn't get the deal but there is value to it

betting huge chalk to show in 5 horse races would probably lose about 3-5% on average, nowhere close to 20% house edge since those horses will show well over 90% of the time

I totally disagree.  3-5%?  No way.  Sure you might have 90% winners (not likely) but you aren't collecting much on those favs

I totally disagree.  3-5%?  No way.  Sure you might have 90% winners (not likely) but you aren't collecting much on those favs

it's not likely that 1-5 and 2-5 favorites show 90% in 5 horse races?

they pretty much always pay 2.10... so if 90 times you get 2.10 and the other 10 you lose 2.00, that's 5.5% losses, but if you're selective they will show way more than 90% of the time

Or just play WV tracks (Mountaneer, Charles town, ect) so you guarantee yourself 2.20 to show.  

this is the best attempt.  I would guess that 75% of those attacking this promo will lose money or break even unless you can really handicap horses which I don't believe anyone can.

Mike's strategy of betting large on the big favorites to show sounds pretty good.

Definitely a good strategy.  If I had the balls, I'd deposit 5k, wait for a 1/9 shot and either mountaneer or charles town, bet it all, and cash out the $6,500...which is a very quick $1,500 profit.  Or maybe divide it into 2 show bets, so if anything crazy happens, it limits my exposure a bit,