Trumps first counter terrorism operation

Cee

“U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

“As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced Al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.”

Now we have learned that at least 15 women and children were killed in the raid that also took the life of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens.

Who knew the guy was a piece of shit?

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

“U.S. military officials told Reuters that Trump approved his first covert counterterrorism operation without sufficient intelligence, ground support or adequate backup preparations.

“As a result, three officials said, the attacking SEAL team found itself dropping onto a reinforced Al Qaeda base defended by landmines, snipers, and a larger than expected contingent of heavily armed Islamist extremists.”

Now we have learned that at least 15 women and children were killed in the raid that also took the life of U.S. Navy SEAL William “Ryan” Owens.

A mission Obama cancelled several times as too risky.

Cost the U.S. a soldier and a $75 million aircraft.

Got a couple enemy cell phones and a lap top or some shit.

Not sure what I think of that. The article lays out why the critics don't like it but doesn't explain why Trump and Ryan are for it.

They state, which to me is hogwash, that:

"I will get rid of and totally destroy the Johnson Amendment and allow our representatives of faith to speak freely and without fear of retribution. I will do that, remember,"

Which is BS - it was put in place to prevent non-profits and churches (tax exempt entities) from endorsing political parties and donating to them. This is for pretty obvious reasons; they are not paying tax into the system, and are granted that exemption, so they should not politicize their businesses. It is not just churches - it's an non-profit. Tough to argue with that in my opinion.

It was also passed by Republicans. 

CENTCOM asks for operations we believe have a good chance for success and when we ask for authorization we certainly believe there is a chance of successful operations based on our planning," CENTCOM spokesman Colonel John Thomas said

A White House official said the operation was thoroughly vetted by the previous administration and that the previous defense secretary had signed off on it in January. The raid was delayed for operational reasons, the White House official said

CENTCOM asks for operations we believe have a good chance for success and when we ask for authorization we certainly believe there is a chance of successful operations based on our planning," CENTCOM spokesman Colonel John Thomas said

A White House official said the operation was thoroughly vetted by the previous administration and that the previous defense secretary had signed off on it in January. The raid was delayed for operational reasons, the White House official said

As I said, Reuters quoted both and painted it a little better than the quotes Cee pulled out.

I will say that the Pentagon and Central Command are not going to come out and say the President fucked up. That would be absurd, and I knew Billy had to be wrong on that. This seems like a pretty bad fuck up, but no way is it all on Trump and painting it that way is just wrong. 

As I said, Reuters quoted both and painted it a little better than the quotes Cee pulled out.

I will say that the Pentagon and Central Command are not going to come out and say the President fucked up. That would be absurd, and I knew Billy had to be wrong on that. This seems like a pretty bad fuck up, but no way is it all on Trump and painting it that way is just wrong.

I'm glad someone here can actually think rationally. I knew I liked you for some reason.

Just Don being Don

That young man knew what he was signing up for. It's part of the deal

As for the civilians, fuck em. Many were probably future suicide bombers

Why didn't Obama pull the trigger on the same exact intel then if it's fake news?

Why didn't Obama pull the trigger on the same exact intel then if it's fake news?

Where did I say it was fake news?

Someone from the Military with access to the raid - three people to be exact - were quoted as saying the go shouldn't have been given. Problem is, that's their opinion and they aren't commander in chief. Clearly there was enough intel for the recommendation to be made by someone, and Trump went with it. It didn't work. Pretending like "we" have enough information to draw a conclusion ourselves is just wrong. The Pentagon wouldn't present the action if they didn't have intel. 

I'm not saying there weren't mistakes made, but I am saying blaming Trump for everything is just convenient and not reasonable. 

Where did I say it was fake news?

Someone from the Military with access to the raid - three people to be exact - were quoted as saying the go shouldn't have been given. Problem is, that's their opinion and they aren't commander in chief. Clearly there was enough intel for the recommendation to be made by someone, and Trump went with it. It didn't work. Pretending like "we" have enough information to draw a conclusion ourselves is just wrong. The Pentagon wouldn't present the action if they didn't have intel. 

I'm not saying there weren't mistakes made, but I am saying blaming Trump for everything is just convenient and not reasonable. 

Just seems weird to me when 2 people have the same info. One decides it's too risky and one says fuck it i'm in. And we get the not his fault theory out