I learned a lot today about healthcare...

IAG

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, if you got too much premium, you have to pay it back just like if you did not pay enough taxes. If you do not get enough premium, you should get more back just as with a tax return.

If you do not pay enough, you do not actually have to pay it back. The IRS has no enforcement authority with regard to ACA. They are only able to withhold your refund.

I'm not concerned with the premiums. That wall wash out in the end with IRS. What I'm saying is I have already met and paid my annual deductible. The claims were processed at a different rate than they would have been if I had estimated lower. They will adjust going forward, but it's already been paid...

Interesting. While I agree that you should be working as much as possible if you are receiving assistance, it would seem that someone who is sick and can't work short term..say breaks their leg or whatever...i dk...

What happens to an honest unemployed person with no kids who breaks a limb or has pneumonia or something? They should stop giving incentives for people to HAVE kids and start giving them for not having them.

But I also don't think wealthy people should not have to pay more for insurance than Joe Blow. Hell I don't know..makes my head hurt. They just need to reduce healthcare costs and US stop subsidizing every other countriy's pharmaceuticals, and might make coverage affordable for everyone. Maybe.

Yeah. It sucks to be poor or unemployed, you are going to get screwed. But you can get revenge by going bankrupt and driving up everyone's insurance which is where we are now. They thought they could force them in. Didn't work. Now they have to try something different before the whole thing blows.

In re-reading, I guess you were referring to your 2017 deductible already having been met? Got no clue on that. That is crazy. I can guarantee you there ain't no insurance agent or ACA rep that has a clue. Probably screwed. You could report different income and get a new policy with a higher deductible. That would work.

Might not have even got that right. This stuff is so complicated, you can't keep basic stuff straight.

And I think letting people estimate whatever they want is bullshit also. I guess you do have to provide documentation, but that's to prove you make enough to be on it it seems...and doesn't work with self-employed or passive income people as you referred to.

Yeah. It sucks to be poor or unemployed, you are going to get screwed. But you can get revenge by going bankrupt and driving up everyone's insurance which is where we are now. They thought they could force them in. Didn't work. Now they have to try something different before the whole thing blows.

In re-reading, I guess you were referring to your 2017 deductible already having been met? Got no clue on that. That is crazy. I can guarantee you there ain't no insurance agent or ACA rep that has a clue. Probably screwed. You could report different income and get a new policy with a higher deductible. That would work.

Might not have even got that right. This stuff is so complicated, you can't keep basic stuff straight.

Well I'm not going to do that...wouldn't qualify anyway...all I'm trying to do is not pay $700 a month for a mediocre policy, and not be penalized because someone didn't think this scenario thru...certainly I can't be the only one in this case.

Why would I want to get a new policy with a higher deductible? Now I'm really confused.

And I think letting people estimate whatever they want is bullshit also. I guess you do have to provide documentation, but that's to prove you make enough to be on it it seems...and doesn't work with self-employed or passive income people as you referred to.

Yeah. But people that buy these policies have no idea how much money they are going to make. So they can only estimate. If you want to enforce stuff, you have to hire people to enforce which they don't want to do. They'd rather let it slide.

Well I'm not going to do that...wouldn't qualify anyway...all I'm trying to do is not pay $700 a month for a mediocre policy, and not be penalized because someone didn't think this scenario thru...certainly I can't be the only one in this case.

Why would I want to get a new policy with a higher deductible? Now I'm really confused.

Always talks alot but its a lot of noise.

Stick with me

The documentation process is a joke. Its a damn estimate. Dont worry.

Heres what you do. Dont change anything!

Get the credit at the end of the year and dont try fn around getting a deductible reimbursement.

So write off the $700 I guess....I'm fine with that I guess. Live and learn, but it's not fair. But like my agent said when you get government and healthcare together, nothing is easy. But really I'm ok with eating it as long as I don't have to start over with a new deductible to get the premium adjustment.

Pretty what much much what my agent told me to do, but he was going to check with the broker. It just seems weird and wrong to me.

So write off the $700 I guess....I'm fine with that I guess. Live and learn, but it's not fair. But like my agent said when you get government and healthcare together, nothing is easy. But really I'm ok with eating it as long as I don't have to start over with a new deductible to get the premium adjustment.

I've got no clue on your situation. You have met your deductible and what is this shit about the claims? How can it change? How can it be processed differently?

Iag they wont give you a refund on the deductible. Reason is you are going forward with the plan and not backward.

The providers you have used have already been paid and they arent going in reverse.

But it's not like there is a qualifying event and anything has changed....just adjusting income estimate.

I know I'm right I'm theory...just like I think the people who get benefit of false low estimate should have to pay it back. The problem is, like my agent said, there is probably just no mechanism to do it.

And I know you are giving me an accurate response from a practical point of you. It's just strange to me.

But it's not like there is a qualifying event and anything has changed....just adjusting income estimate.

I know I'm right. The problem is, like my agent said, there is probably just no mechanism to do it.

The income adjustment is actually putting you on a new plan.

The cost sharing differences are actually different plan names with the carrier

I know I'm right I'm theory...just like I think the people who get benefit of false low estimate should have to pay it back. The problem is, like my agent said, there is probably just no mechanism to do it.

And I know you are giving me an accurate response from a practical point of you. It's just strange to me.

I had to change my estimate last year. They changed my number because of the income I reported which they were not supposed to do and Fd up the subsidy. So I changed it and you get a new policy. 

The income adjustment is actually putting you on a new plan.

The cost sharing differences are actually different plan names with the carrier

So does this mean if I change plans ( same plan with income adjustment,,I guess it's new plan you are saying) will i have to start with new deductible?

When you said to get the premium reimbursement back at the end of the year, I couldn't tell if you meant to change plans, reduce premium, and get 3 mos worth back later. or just let it ride and get the larger amount back. If I have to start over with new deductible, I will definitely let them just continue to take higher amount.

I had to change my estimate last year. They changed my number because of the income I reported which they were not supposed to do and Fd up the subsidy. So I changed it and you get a new policy.

lol I have no idea what this means. What number? Did u report high or low? Changed what?

lol I have no idea what this means. What number? Did u report high or low? Changed what?

What we have here is a failure to communicate. Changed estimated income. You start from scratch, go in and pick a whole new policy or the same one which was a surprise to me. Everytime you change your income, they have to start a new policy.