I learned a lot today about healthcare...

IAG

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Take your Social Security disability now and don't wait, you paid in so you're entitled to it. Consider it early retirement.

The best part about doing it will be the thousands you save in healthcare costs over the next 20ish years by having Medicare just 2 years from now.

You mock me.

It's funny though, I've often looked at my Social Security statements that come every year and noticed how large the SSI payment amounts are compared to

the ones that will come with Social Security. Never understood that. I'm sure there's some reason, but never took the time to find an answer. Doesn't make sense to me.

I didn't realize that you could be on a group plan with your employer only contributing $100 towards the premium, and you could have to pay 700, but aren't allowed to take a subsidy because employer pays a piece.

"in this scenario you cou could declare the group plan unaffordable"  Have the employer fill out a contribution statement and buy a plan with a subsidy through the marketplace during the open enrollment period.  Roughly over 8.66% of employee wages is the affordability ceiling.  This happens a lot.

Funny how shithead and ck are the big go Trump repeal Obamacare, when self employed individuals in their 50's and 60's are the ones that are going to get the most fked.   Maybe not CK since he probably makes over 400k, but my break even estimate is an annual income of about 1.6M

"in this scenario you cou could declare the group plan unaffordable"  Have the employer fill out a contribution statement and buy a plan with a subsidy through the marketplace during the open enrollment period.  Roughly over 8.66% of employee wages is the affordability ceiling.  This happens a lot.

Not sure if you are cutting and pasting that but doesnt happen alot in my neck of the woods. Employers cant pay $100 of a $800 premium. They have to pay half minimum. And the majority of employers rates are from $300 to $500 or so.

So can the employee hit the threshold for sure if they are in the 20k range.