ComptrBob banned from EOG

groovinmahoovin

• Replies 204
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The funny thing is that CB is only a "tout buster" because the touts happen to lose.  If the tout won, Bob would report that too.  On the particular set of plays Bob tracked, CFB plays on some radio show, Dave Cokin won, so when asked about what he's tracked of Cokin, Bob mentions that he did very well.  Cokin is an overall loser over about 7000 picks on VegasInsider when adjusted for widely available lines so he's highly unlikely to be a winner given that sample, but those aren't "Bob tracked" so Bob gives what he has. 

In 2006, John Kelly had ComptrBob on whatever show he was hosting at the time and Bob was only given a short segment.  Someone asked why Bob wasn't showcased more because he's very knowledgeable, and Fezzik had a rather prescient reply:

https://twitter.com/groovinmahoovin/status/842402077380861952/photo/1

"It's better to tell everyone who to bet on, that to showcase a guy who will explain that many of your prior experts are lifetime documented losers vs. WA lines."

If all "1" cares about is making money, then yes, promoting shit touts is the way to go.

Guest pocketrockets

Big gain for TGF; EOG on the ropes.

EOG has been on the ropes for almost 2 years now, been irrelevant for like 6

those fuckin guys dropped the ball

I thought he had a college hoops website where he sold his plays? Maybe I am very mistaken in confusing him with Dr.Bob. 

As for tracking, what does he get out of tracking idiots like Glisan? Is he really surprised when time after time he finds out they are all losers? Has he ever found anyone posting consistently winning picks at available numbers who isn't messing with unit sizes, past posting, etc.? Touts are also masters at choosing the number of plays they make. If one starts off 20-0, they will milk it by posting picks infrequently to hold on to their winning % for as long as possible. If one starts off 0-20 they are suddenly betting 10 games a day to try to turn it around because 0-30 is as bad as 0-20. Sounds more like analytical with a touch of OCD.

Just a quick response.

Yes I am not Dr. Bob.

I tracked Glisan on EOG radio because something was fishy about the guy's attitude and analysis. When I criticized him in the EOG forum, a popular gambler, Alan Denkenson, told me Glisan was legit, that he was a wrestling fan and dog lover and to lay off him. I told him that IMO Glisan deserved some scrutiny. Through Glisan's facebook page and twitter I found one of his scam websites, but I it was so hokey I thought no one could possibly be stupid enough to donate. Unfortunately, later I found out that he did snare several victims. Hindsight is 20/20, but right up to the bitter end JK and others were defending Glisan as "a great guy". 

Two touts I have found to be "consistent winners" i.e. +EV over thousands of picks at WA lines: Right Angle Sports (RAS) and Erin Rynning of Sportsmemo. The Sportsmemo picks are past-posted (recap section) the next day, but they are scrutinized by purchasers and over the years, several errors have been found and corrected. By and large I believe they are fairly accurate.

Of course, I have met/tracked a few long-term winning cappers. They tend to not post picks for free on forums or twitter. Obviously they are going to select the best line available and generally aren't worried about whether they are WA.

Despite something like 100+ posters coming to Bob's defense, this nitwit "1" is doubling down, insisting he's "do (sic) an apology" and hasn't lifted the ban. 

On the topic of Glisan, this is him.  Real classy guy.  http://www.seattlepi.com/local/article/Cyberstalker-enters-guilty-plea-1150519.php

This is just fuking bizarre!!

What the hell was the motivation ?

What was he trying to accomplish??

What a sicko, Jfc, lol.

Guest boatboatboat

This is just fuking bizarre!!

What the hell was the motivation ?

What was he trying to accomplish??

What a sicko, Jfc, lol.

Eog can't make $ from book banners, and will go the way of touts banners.

Bob wouldn't be good for buzz

1 saw the chance, and eliminated

Just a quick response.

Yes I am not Dr. Bob.

I tracked Glisan on EOG radio because something was fishy about the guy's attitude and analysis. When I criticized him in the EOG forum, a popular gambler, Alan Denkenson, told me Glisan was legit, that he was a wrestling fan and dog lover and to lay off him. I told him that IMO Glisan deserved some scrutiny. Through Glisan's facebook page and twitter I found one of his scam websites, but I it was so hokey I thought no one could possibly be stupid enough to donate. Unfortunately, later I found out that he did snare several victims. Hindsight is 20/20, but right up to the bitter end JK and others were defending Glisan as "a great guy". 

Two touts I have found to be "consistent winners" i.e. +EV over thousands of picks at WA lines: Right Angle Sports (RAS) and Erin Rynning of Sportsmemo. The Sportsmemo picks are past-posted (recap section) the next day, but they are scrutinized by purchasers and over the years, several errors have been found and corrected. By and large I believe they are fairly accurate.

Of course, I have met/tracked a few long-term winning cappers. They tend to not post picks for free on forums or twitter. Obviously they are going to select the best line available and generally aren't worried about whether they are WA.

If RAS is winning at widely available lines, why aren't they (especially after all these years) betting them so hard that they move the line to where it should be and their bets no longer become widely available?

my understanding is RAS wins steady and slightly over they years  (no small feat!)  at WA lines at the time they make the play with some clever 1/2 point shopping here and there.  Against closing numbers they are almost exactly 50/50.

Gotcha, thanks. I guess then my question becomes, why is it profitable to release the plays to followers before RAS themselves bet the line? 

RAS bets the line a lot before they release. You can sometimes see them doing it if you know what they are going to bet.

He has a guaranteed profit off the service. He can still bet off stuff he does not release and front run his customers and then sometime bet back to make the line better. 

I guess hit the line until the EV left on your side is negligible or zero, then release it. Your backers will at least break even. In theory some of their clients could have outs RAS don't have, or outs with limits that interest the client but RAS couldn't be bothered to deal with. 

RAS also got started without bankroll. He got a web following so started releasing before he had sufficient funds to bet himself. Once you have that kind of guaranteed cash flowing, it is not easy to walk away. So he bets for his own account and does releases as well.

Unreal. Clearly not offshore savvy then.