Chester Bennington dead at 41.

Guest pocketrockets

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

rocket's you feel bad for the wrong person/people pal. There's no reason to feel bad for him. He had more resources to get help than 99.99% of the world population. He left little kids behind by selfishly taking his life. no one is arguing about the pain depression brings, but life is a fight and he had a better chance of punching back than 99% of people who suffer from depression.

Guest pocketrockets

rocket's you feel bad for the wrong person/people pal. There's no reason to feel bad for him. He had more resources to get help than 99.99% of the world population. He left little kids behind by selfishly taking his life. no one is arguing about the pain depression brings, but life is a fight and he had a better chance of punching back than 99% of people who suffer from depression.

I understand where you are coming from... we all have seen depression and addiction in different ways... but thats why I dont argue nor I believe your opinion is wrong; maybe a lil harsh... your opinion is your opinion... and we all have the right to have one.

I for one, I dont try and judge nor question the whys and the what ifs... dont know the guy, never will... and I wasnt really a fan, I am just very empathetic for tortured depressed souls who found refuge in singing and making music/art... I know what it feels like when all the darkness steams away as soon as you start playing in front of people... Im all for the cause thats all... 

Dont like Linkin Park, never did really, my gf in high school loved them...  I was royally pissed when STP decided to record an EP with this guy cause Im a Scott Weiland fan. Feel for his family more than him cause yeah, thats fuckin horrible, and 6 kids... SIX... but I dont know what kind of struggle this guy was having.

I understand where you are coming from... we all have seen depression and addiction in different ways... but thats why I dont argue nor I believe your opinion is wrong; maybe a lil harsh... your opinion is your opinion... and we all have the right to have one.

I for one, I dont try and judge nor question the whys and the what ifs... dont know the guy, never will... and I wasnt really a fan, I am just very empathetic for tortured depressed souls who found refuge in singing and making music/art... I know what it feels like when all the darkness steams away as soon as you start playing in front of people... Im all for the cause thats all... 

Dont like Linkin Park, never did really, my gf in high school loved them...  I was royally pissed when STP decided to record an EP with this guy cause Im a Scott Weiland fan. Feel for his family more than him cause yeah, thats fuckin horrible, and 6 kids... SIX... but I dont know what kind of struggle this guy was having.

i have witnessed severe depression as close as possible as my mother suffered and was hospitalized on and off for one year. 2 decades later, she is happy and living a good life; she found her escape not with medication but exercise. she was a very successful woman so i know money does not matter; that said, she didn't quit on her family. when you take on responsibility, your pain is bigger than what you feel for yourself. you have a responsibility to fight through the struggles. fuck him.

Timely,

some of these people have brain injuries making life unbearable....   what do you think about former sports figures who kill themselves and then it is found that they have ECT,  are they also selfish as you claim.  Have you seen the movie concussion?  Do you think those guys really wanted to die?  Do you think anyone really wants to die and doesn't agonize about the pain they will cause?

You cannot possibly understand the pain some of these people go through and the agony they are dealing with.  Not all depression or brain injuries are treatable.  In belgium those suffering from chronic untreatable depression have the right to die with medical assistance.

Guest pocketrockets

Timely,

some of these people have brain injuries making life unbearable....   what do you think about former sports figures who kill themselves and then it is found that they have ECT,  are they also selfish as you claim.  Have you seen the movie concussion?  Do you think those guys really wanted to die?  Do you think anyone really wants to die and doesn't agonize about the pain they will cause?

You cannot possibly understand the pain some of these people go through and the agony they are dealing with.  Not all depression or brain injuries are treatable.  In belgium those suffering from chronic untreatable depression have the right to die with medical assistance.

well put man 

Timely,

he doesn't have cte, and while I have no clue for certain - likely based on his industry and profession his depression was amplified by his drug addiction. CTE is PHYSICAL damage to the brain causing you to lose control of your anger and also can impair your speech/intelligence/vision and can cause dramatic memory loss. Comparing CTE to depression is wrong, imo.

Depression is a mental illness, that can be reoccurring but is not permanent; you do not feel depressed and sad every moment of your life. Depression can be amplified by drug use, but it can also be treated with things as small as exercise, or in other cases medicine. It cannot be cured per se, but it can be treated. 

depression is a beatable battle in all cases even if it takes years and years; CTE can not be beaten, it is permanent brain damage. Depression is a mental illness that can last a lifetime, but it lasts in bouts. you need to fight through the bouts. with proper medication, therapy, etc etc the damage caused by depression can be minimized. 

Guest pocketrockets

When they get to that point they have convinced themselves that their family and friends will be truly better off without them.

+1 pretty much

is such a extreme decision... I have been on the lowest of the low and yes while I think about "doing it" I think about family and how shitty things are, but ultimately figure this shit is just prolonging the suffering and once you are gone theyll recever and carry on

still I didnt do it. still think there might be hope

but yeah, thats basically the rationale

he doesn't have cte, and while I have no clue for certain - likely based on his industry and profession his depression was amplified by his drug addiction. CTE is PHYSICAL damage to the brain causing you to lose control of your anger and also can impair your speech/intelligence/vision and can cause dramatic memory loss. Comparing CTE to depression is wrong, imo.

Depression is a mental illness, that can be reoccurring but is not permanent; you do not feel depressed and sad every moment of your life. Depression can be amplified by drug use, but it can also be treated with things as small as exercise, or in other cases medicine. It cannot be cured per se, but it can be treated.

we have no way of knowing whether or not he had done damage to his brain through drug abuse,  have you considered that possibility?  or perhaps he had a brain disease like lewy body dementia like Robin Williams,  was Robin Williams also a coward?  This system in belgium where things are discussed among family and doctor's seems to me to be the way to go,   the rest of the world forces people to do the unthinkable.

1) constant and unbearable suffering

2) situation is incurable

Guest pocketrockets

https://www.alternativenation.net/chris-cornells-widow-reacts-chester-benningtons-death/

Chris Cornell’s widow Vicky has tweeted regarding Linkin Park and Stone Temple Pilots frontman Chester Bennington’s death, “Just when I thought my heart couldn’t break any more…..I love you T.”

Bennington was good friends with Chris and Vicky Cornell, enough so that he was even the godfather to their son Chris Jr. Bennington performed “Hallelujah” at Chris Cornell’s funeral in May, and was seen consoling the family.

Below are photos of Chester at Chris Jr.’s baptism, a photo of Chester and Chris with Toni Cornell, and a photo of Chester and Chris with their wives.