Chester Bennington dead at 41.

Guest pocketrockets

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

doubt he even had natural depression. seen him talk, seen some pics guy was loving his life...........just got psyched out from the comedown........same at hitler. he killed himself because a week earlier he dismissed his doctor who was giving him glucose, crystal meth ect

hitler crashed and was like "fuck this"

we have no way of knowing whether or not he had done damage to his brain through drug abuse,  have you considered that possibility?  or perhaps he had a brain disease like lewy body dementia like Robin Williams,  was Robin Williams also a coward?  This system in belgium where things are discussed among family and doctor's seems to me to be the way to go,   the rest of the world forces people to do the unthinkable.

1) constant and unbearable suffering

2) situation is incurable

Well that makes him a pos still then; i'm not going to feel sorry for someone who damaged their brain via drug abuse and had children to boot; then decided that the damage he chose to do to himself was too much to handle so he left his family without a father. if it comes back that he had some other degenerative physical disease than what i said is a moot point and you are correct, but if not? no excuse.

as i said, i have witnessed clinical depression for multiple years up close and personal. it is damaging and devastating, but it is not a death sentence and you have a responsibility to the children you chose to bring into this world to fight through it any way you can. to burden your family with that pain is selfish regardless of the pain you feel he was experiencing.  

Guest pocketrockets

doubt he even had natural depression. seen him talk, seen some pics guy was loving his life...........just got psyched out from the comedown........same at hitler. he killed himself because a week earlier he dismissed his doctor who was giving him glucose, crystal meth ect

hitler crashed and was like "fuck this"

Dude stop, you are comparing Hitler to a rock singer JFC... Hitler had the guilt of millions of deaths in his shoulders... 

Well that makes him a pos still then; i'm not going to feel sorry for someone who damaged their brain via drug abuse and had children to boot; then decided that the damage he chose to do to himself was too much to handle so he left his family without a father. if it comes back that he had some other degenerative physical disease than what i said is a moot point and you are correct, but if not? no excuse.

as i said, i have witnessed clinical depression for multiple years up close and personal. it is damaging and devastating, but it is not a death sentence and you have a responsibility to the children you chose to bring into this world to fight through it any way you can. to burden your family with that pain is selfish regardless of the pain you feel he was experiencing.  

drug addiction is a disease in and of itself,  he probably didn't plan on harming himself to the point where his life would become unbearable but it simply happened.   He started using at 11 years old when his parents divorce and apparently was also abused physically and sexually as a child.  I think compassion is still called for in these situations. Even if addiction and drugs were contributing factors.   Sometimes the brain damage manifests itself all of a sudden,  when he was having his kids i am sure he had no clue that all of a sudden something might snap inside of him.  Not everything is black and white (IMO) as you are painting it.

did you by chance watch the youtube videos I posted?

Guest pocketrockets

drug addiction is a disease in and of itself,  he probably didn't plan on harming himself to the point where his life would become unbearable but it simply happened.   He started using at 11 years old when his parents divorce and apparently was also abused physically and sexually as a child.  I think compassion is still called for in these situations. Even if addiction and drugs were contributing factors.   Sometimes the brain damage manifests itself all of a sudden,  when he was having his kids i am sure he had no clue that all of a sudden something might snap inside of him.  Not everything is black and white (IMO) as you are painting it.

solid man, solid

preach it... why judge harshly? we dont know these people

lets avoid letting our own personal traumas and bad experiences dictate how we treat others that never did us any harm

Pal, you ever try giving excessive exercise a try? Having read your past posts, I see you are struggling mightily with depression. I know my mother took risks on experimental treatments (brain zapping, drugs and etc) and none of them worked. She started working out twice a day, and spending hours upon hours outside absorbing sun and etc. It worked wonders for her. It's really hard to get into because you feel so down and worthless and you don't want to put forth the effort, but once it becomes routine for you it may really really help; it will almost become an addiction in and of itself. The endorphin released are natural and much better for you than any anti-depressants and can work wonders. 

solid man, solid

preach it... why judge harshly? we dont know these people

lets avoid letting our own personal traumas and bad experiences dictate how we treat others that never did us any harm

don't know them? we know he killed himself and left his pain for his kids and wife to pick up. that's never ok. he's not the victim; the kids/wife will blame themselves. 

he did me no harm; he did his family harm. and he shouldn't mourned or celebrated.

my brain suddenly " snapped" in April of 2013 and I am living in HELL.....  the pain is beyond anything you could imagine,  and its constant.  

My psychiatrist basically agrees with me that it is incurable.   I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours in 4 years.   I am in my mid 40's being taken care of by my elderly parents.

This is nor something that a "little exercise" will or can cure.  I have a permanent and chronic illness.  This is no way to live.  

In belgium I could talk to my family and doctor's about it but here I will have no choice but to do the unthinkable.

my brain suddenly " snapped" in April of 2013 and I am living in HELL.....  the pain is beyond anything you could imagine,  and its constant.  

My psychiatrist basically agrees with me that it is incurable.   I haven't slept more than 2-3 hours in 4 years.   I am in my mid 40's being taken care of by my elderly parents.

This is nor something that a "little exercise" will or can cure.  I have a permanent and chronic illness.  This is no way to live.   In belgium I could talk to my family and doctor's about it but here I will have no choice but to do the unthinkable.

not sure you are not a troll. but likely are. anyways ive had sleep deprivation by government satellite about 6 years ago. was really bad. i was really breaking down. they were "giving" me exactly 2-3 hours a night

This is nor something that a "little exercise" will or can cure.  I have a permanent and chronic illness.  This is no way to live.   In belgium I could talk to my family and doctor's about it but here I will have no choice but to do the unthinkable.

i doubt your therapist feels that way, but you may be perceiving it that way.

as i said, give it a try. the expected answer from you was that won't work... but i wouldn't be surprised if it did. it feels like nothing will work, i understand that, but give it a try. what do you have to lose? 

you have been happy before in your life it's certainly possible to be happy again; traumatic experiences or loss can cause the feeling of hopelessness but your illness has not lasted your entire life, and therefore can be conquered. You just have to be willing to try and hope is something you have lost.

don't know them? we know he killed himself and left his pain for his kids and wife to pick up. that's never ok. he's not the victim; the kids/wife will blame themselves. 

he did me no harm; he did his family harm. and he shouldn't mourned or celebrated.

thats why the system is fucked up,   

“To keep someone alive against their wishes is the ultimate indignity,” Hawking

Blackjack, the USA slowly but surely removing the irrational and undue legal obstacles to Americans who wish to end their lives at a time of their own choosing.

Seven states now permit one or more forms of assisted suicide, a tremendous progress compared to just a few years ago.

Free-thinking Americans more frequently creating rational advance plans which permit them more control over their own physical bodies

A surprising amount of musicians are actually introverts and turn to drugs(alcohol included) to cope with the mental stresses of sudden fame and its demands. Us normal folk cannot begin to comprehend how stressful it is to perform in front of a sold out arena...sadly when the fame starts to subside all that is left is the drug addiction and depression

RIP

Guest pocketrockets

A surprising amount of musicians are actually introverts and turn to drugs(alcohol included) to cope with the mental stresses of sudden fame and its demands. Us normal folk cannot begin to comprehend how stressful it is to perform in front of a sold out arena...sadly when the fame starts to subside all that is left is the drug addiction and depression

RIP

fuckin spot on bro