Ok... extreme times take extreme measures

Guest pocketrockets

Guest pocketrockets

I didn't realize you were dealing with in-house collections I guess. I thought you were dealing with a collection agency. If they are stressing you out, you certainly don't want to deal with an agency. But you are nowhere close to even being sued. In the USA, many times once it goes to an agency the interest and fees stop. Of course I can't speak to Costa Rica on that, but you might actually be in a better position.

yep, still have time (2-3 months) until they escalate to a collection agency and/or lawyers

All I can do is try to come up with a lump sum and negotiate before they take action.

In no way I will agree to what they asked me today... id rather bomb the bank than be pushed over and scammed for a 500%

Cant fathom letting myself being bullied by suits and ties jfc.

• Replies 245
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On a final note, since you ARE still dealing with the original creditor, I would offer a small monthly payment plan or send it in. They can still send it to an agency, but as long as you are paying, it will be less likely as they have to pay the agency a good portion, usually 20-50 percent, and would rather keep it in-house if possible.

Also, when I was talking about a settlement, I was under the impression it was with an agency. Most original creditors will not settle. At least is the case in the U.S.

Guest pocketrockets

On a final note, since you ARE still dealing with the original creditor, I would offer a small monthly payment plan or send it in. They can still send it to an agency, but as long as you are paying, it will be less likely as they have to pay the agency a good portion, usually 20-50 percent, and would rather keep it in-house if possible.

Thats the thing... they offered TODAY I either, pay $300 for the 3 month late visa and $150 for the 2 month late amex to KEEP our original agreement from last november... which would leave me with $900 visa debt and $600 amex debt.

Or pay a small $60 payment on the VISA, refinance and debt increase to like $1200-$1400 on the visa, and pay the amex for $150 anyway because is only 2 months late. 3 months late and is refinance rapey time! So id owe $1300 on the visa and $550 or so on the Amex...

Instead of the og $900-$600

Guest pocketrockets

rocky lets do a challenge. you up for it?

pass bro, use those $50 and kill tony! you have a better shot, and frankly after our last lost game with Libertad fagtards I think Im cursed with bad mojo... you have burned like $300 or more in failed challenges... is just too much

actually waiting on a pokerstars cashout so I can buy some coin and send you the hundo!

I finished two tournaments in 2nd place... enough to get from $50 to $350

post your btc addy please or send it to my mail

decided cc company will have to wait, rather pay you, party and wind down today and grind back again tomorrow

Thats the thing... they offered TODAY I either, pay $300 for the 3 month late visa and $150 for the 2 month late amex to KEEP our original agreement from last november... which would leave me with $900 visa debt and $600 amex debt.

Or pay a small $60 payment on the VISA, refinance and debt increase to like $1200-$1400 on the visa, and pay the amex for $150 anyway because is only 2 months late. 3 months late and is refinance rapey time! So id owe $1300 on the visa and $550 or so on the Amex...

Instead of the og $900-$600

So basically they are trying to bring you current on a payment agreement that you made last November and you had missed the payments?

And if you don't pay the past due payment agreement amount, they will assess a late fee for every month and that's why the debt is increasing?

Guest pocketrockets

ok rock

heres my bitcoin

thanks for the repayment

13dvjjVmnxiPaxzrC9QggvHdosCzeviro3

saved, ill let you know as soon as I am able to send

Guest pocketrockets

So basically they are trying to bring you current on a payment agreement that you made last November and you had missed the payments?

And if you don't pay the past due payment agreement amount, they will assess a late fee for every month and that's why the debt is increasing?

I made the agreement in November, got fired in December, BBB loaned/gave me the money to pay that and caught up (and the reason why he dislikes me to this day)... I got a job in January... made some small payments in feb, and got fired in late march... mid april (thats when I made the last $250 payments to caught up again), so come July/August im late again 3 months and they are offering to refinance the 3 month late visa, and that I have to make the payment for that amex that is 2 months late... (no need to refinance amex)

basically letting the visa get 3 months late again is whats is screwing me, and they demand full $300 payment or $60 payment plus refinance (adding up another 25-30% to the principal)

is just crazy

Guest pocketrockets

It's unsecured debt PR.

Tell them to take a flying leap, it's not like they can re-possess anything.

basically what IAG is saying... who knows, maybe Ill win the micromillions tomorrow for $100k and pay it off lol lol lol

I dont know how much this will affect my job once I get one... as some companies do check credit score to hire

But besides that yeah, they cant touch me... cant repossess anything.

If it was the colombian mafia I would have some fingers cut off and my house full of bullet holes...

glass half full 

just want to be debt free and feel like I start over... when you have lost so much time like me, you just start feeling this rush to get shit steady at all at once

anxiety 100% of the time thinking of ways of cutting corners... but ill survive

Guest pocketrockets

Do they have the equivalent of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Costa Rica? If so, maybe you should consider that.

I dont think we have that no... bankrupcy is something i would have filed some 3 years ago when company went under 

Guest pocketrockets

Brock could probably give you some tips on bankruptcy or settling for pennies on the dollar.  He's never paid any debt in his life.

thats the thing, in between late fees and all, I already paid like $800 or more...

Original debt was $600 and they want $1600+ more

so I would be paying like $4 on the $1...

NO BUENO

Yes, they will collect any money that hits your bank account unless you reach a settlement with them but its easier to do that in front of a judge. 

I like this advice... im just pissed, I dont think they have moral grounds to charge me 500% what I owed originally, is a fuckin scam.

Do you think Ill have repercussions if I get a job and paid via bankwire?

No but if he doesnt have a job and it goes to trail he would tell the judge he has no way to repay but he is willing to pay $50 per month and that would probably do it.

Do they have the equivalent of a Chapter 7 bankruptcy in Costa Rica? If so, maybe you should consider that.

Doesn't seem worth it if that is your only debt, but it's causing you a lot of stress.

No but if he doesnt have a job and it goes to trail he would tell the judge he has no way to repay but he is willing to pay $50 per month and that would probably do it.

In the US, court is really just a formality if the debt is undisputed. The judge enters judgment if there is no answer filed disputing the debt. The judge will not set up payment arrangements or interfere in any way. Many people are under the assumption that the court itself will set up payment arrangements or intervene, but they do not. Perhaps it's different in Costa Rica. If an answer is filed and a trial date is set, the plaintiff attorneys will generally try to work out and amicable payment arrangement to avoid having to go to trial. If the person has assets they want to protect they should attempt to enter into a stipulated judgment...best case scenario a non-judgment stip to prevent further credit damage.