Saratoga 2017

rdalert447

• Replies 647
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I know guys don't like betting the jumpers, but I would strongly suggest putting #5 Hardrock Eleven in your Virtual Stables or whatever you use. If you watch the replay of today's first race, the horse made a right turn after EVERY SINGLE JUMP. He easily ran a quarter mile longer, if not more, than the rest of the horses. He was still close and trying hard right until the end. If the trainer can clean that up, he may surprise at a big price next out. The trainer likes to run them on the flat as well, so that would be even more enticing.

Goes today. Race 1, #3. 7/2 morning line but sitting at 16-1 with an hour and a half until post. Might not get bet with Voss, Sheppard, and Fisher in here.

Thursday 8/31/17

Lost about $175 yesterday. That's no way to start closing week. Final jumps race of the meet today. I think only one fave won in these all meet.

Race 1

$20 win #3 Hardrock Eleven 7/2

$2 exbx 3/1,4,7

See above post.

Race 6

$40 win #7 Rate for Me 6-1

$2 ex 7/ALL

$1 P3 7/ALL/1

Weaver has carried me all meet. Need one more week out of him. This one has a win here at the meet, closing with a burst after looking hopeless in deep stretch. That kind of finish makes me think horse has another in him.

Race 8

$20 win #1 Cody's Notes 30-1

$1 ex ALL/1

$1 P3 1/ALL/1,13

Lots to like with this horse. Final week is the best time for a small outfit like Morrison's to pick up a win. Horse ran decent last out on dirt, but now goes dirt to turf and open company Claimer to NY BRED Allowance. Has two career wins, both on turf, both vs NY BREDS, with one of the wins coming over this course. One major concern is dead late closers on turf have put people in the poor house this meet. We'll need some stupid speed up front with a total pace collapse.

Race 9

$20 win #6 Sassy Siena 8-1

$5 DD 6/1,13

Got lucky when Cox had a winner via a DQ the other day. Hoping that's a sign that the barn is finally heating up after a monster spring.

Race 10

$40 win #1 Delta Outlaw 4-1

$2 ex 1/ALL

$2 ex 13-1

.50c Tri 1,13/ALL/1,13

Hoping for better than 4-1 on this Weaver horse, after a year layoff. Metivier can repay my loyalty by running second at 100-1.

On the hook for $217.

Good luck, guys!