Off Topic moving in with someone

ERBtheGREAT

Bad parts in every town, I live in a nice part of town hasn't been a crime in over 10 years.  Nice neighborhood with lots of families I've known my whole life, not worried about living here.  Eventually moving to mountain top, though.  I want more land.

Wish you the best whatever route you go!

I was stuck right near that pantry quick on academy st. The only good thing was the a plus, down the road, so I could load my netspend card. On the flip side, I always thought one day I'd get jacked.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Disagree, they make the same amount of money....she is getting the benefit of living rent/mortgage free. She should at least contribute toward the taxes. Whether or not he makes it a requirement, that's a little awkward, but I would hope that she would step up and offer.

she might not even be aware of it unless it's brought up

Honestly I'm still undecided.  She has offered to pay 50/50 split of everything already, utilities, food,cable/internet, etc.  I love to cook, she does all of the cleaning, laundry, etc.  We went for chinese tonight, some groceries etc. and she wouldn't even let me pay because I bought dinner when we went out Sunday.  Honestly I feel like I'm not even going to push the issue.  When the bill for the taxes come it will be on the kitchen table, if she sees it and offers something towards it fine, if she doesn't it wouldn't really bother me.  I was just wondering if anyone was in this kind of situation and how they handled it, what's proper etiquette, etc.

You lived there alone before. Obviously you can handle the bills...you don't even have a fucking mortgage and you are gonna plant a tax bill to entice a reaction. Are you gonna split the equity with her during her stay?

You are a cheap fuck.

"She wouldn't even let me pay "

Yeah

I'm sure you really turned her wrist trying.

Do you charge the birds and squirrels as well?

It's called reality and business.  Only a dumbfuck would think a win-win has anything to do with being a cheap skate.  You and Meatman are at the top of the list.

Do you pay your Mom's, errr your old lady for pussy?

Business is business??

Right???

Surely she is NOT paying to fuck you????

Dave "The MeatMan" Scandaliato

So I own my house and don't have a mortgage.  Dating a girl for a year now and we're thinking about living together at the start of the new year.

We both make the same salary.

We agreed to split everything 50/50, utilities, cable, groceries, etc.

My only question is about taxes on the house.  Do I just pay 100% of the property taxes if she is living here too?  I've had some people tell me yes because it's basically like a "utility" that comes with living in the house.  Other people tell me that I own 100% of the house so there's no reason for her to split taxes with me.  The taxes aren't crazy and my rental property covers all my expenses easily without even dipping into my paychecks, do I just forget about the taxes and pay them all?

Really???

First what are taxes? My previous neighbors taxes were 25K a year, but doubt yours are even that close.

If you let her move in, then just be a gentlemen and pay the damn petty cash property taxes. Classy women hate cheap men period!!!!

It's called reality and business. Only a dumbfuck would think a win-win has anything to do with being a cheap skate. You and Meatman are at the top of the list.

when you and your lady go on your daily McDonald's run do you pay for your meals separate, or can you splurge and cover the $5 for her? I know you are a shrewd businessman when it comes to relationships with women so you probably just make her pay for yours too.

Hard to disagree with HouseSpic and WVU

When it comes to tax time, you gonna pay her back money that you charged her for property taxes, because you both aren't going to file them?

before you guys talked about splitting utilities/groceries, you should of had her costs figured and added a 100 since you wanted to charge her property taxes.  Then you would never have to bring up the idea of splitting them.  And she would never bring it up to her friends that will surely trash you for charging her for property taxes.

Anyway, since it's your house, I think you should pay for the property taxes.

Having her split the expenses is one thing, the taxes are not her responsibility. She doesn't own it.

Property taxes are different than living expenses.

I'm leaning towards this, was just looking for ideas.  

You lived there alone before. Obviously you can handle the bills...you don't even have a fucking mortgage and you are gonna plant a tax bill to entice a reaction. Are you gonna split the equity with her during her stay?

You are a cheap fuck.

"She wouldn't even let me pay "

Yeah

I'm sure you really turned her wrist trying.

Do you charge the birds and squirrels as well?

I've read arguments for both sides online, not sure what the name calling is about.  Just wanted to hear some more thoughts.