• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

rent for her would be 500

he is charging nothing

50 is cheap

When you own a house and ask a girl to move in with you, I don't believe you charge her rent, or expect her to pay for anything to do with the house.

And would never call whatever she felt like giving me "rent".  That makes it seem as if she's a roommate and not your significant other.

"hey babe, you have your portion of rent this month"

When you own a house and ask a girl to move in with you, I don't believe you charge her rent, or expect her to pay for anything to do with the house.

And would never call whatever she felt like giving me "rent".  That makes it seem as if she's a roommate and not your significant other.

ted nose

And would never call whatever she felt like giving me "rent". That makes it seem as if she's a roommate and not your significant other.

Geez, not only is Sheckler funny as hell guy shows some wisdom also.

Go the cheap route with the girl after you're married, not before. Not a good look before you've locked her in.

Is this just about the house being owned by a man and woman being the girlfriend? Or is it because he has no mortgage?What about if I had a guy move in? Should he pay all the property taxes on my house to be chivalrous? I'm just trying to figure the argument.

Say I was dating pocket rockets and he moved in. Would you guys feel the same way? My property taxes here are about $2800 per year btw.

Is this just about the house being owned by a man and woman being the girlfriend? Or is it because he has no mortgage?What about if I had a guy move in? Should he pay all the property taxes on my house to be chivalrous? I'm just trying to figure the argument.

Say I was dating pocket rockets and he moved in. Would you guys feel the same way? My property taxes here are about $2800 per year btw.

The house is your (and the OP's) asset.  If you are looking for equality,  you both should be charging rent.

So you're saying PR has a chance?

Guest pocketrockets

Good point but please be careful with these hypotheticals...

We dont want Dingo having a stroke and/or putting a hit on poor old PR.

Are you secretly longing for the Rocket man?

Guest pocketrockets

Are you secretly longing for the Rocket man?

If so IAG Im afraid our time together is gonna be shortlived... a Romeo+Juliette kinda tragedy

Someone's coming with a suitcase full of money to my "shitcountry" to put a hit on me

So, if the guy happens to be renting, he shouldn't ask for half of the rent if he asks his girlfriend to move in either?

Of course, you're not going to get an answer here.  Too much hypocrisy.

So, if the guy happens to be renting, he shouldn't ask for half of the rent if he asks his girlfriend to move in either?

I don't think so but I understand people who do the split thing. I can't even get my girlfriend to buy a canned soda... although she did pay for gas home and cleaning supplies to clean my condo so that's nice I guess.

I do think if you ask someone to move in, it's your place and you should pay. Splitting the bills is different although I have a feeling I'll be footing all those too.

I look at it the opposite of boat.. he says she's saving on rent. I look at it as id be living there anyway and don't have a roommate so I was paying full anyway.