Share your accomplishments in the athletic arena

Sol Diabler

• 4 weeks later...
Guest boatboatboat

Saw a kid play the other nite from a local school

31 boys in his graduating class.

he is on a full ride to Mich State playing BB.

amazing when you think of it............

• 1 year later...

All World Little League and Babe Ruth pitcher. Had a CurveBall that Rivaled Doc Gooden. 

Threw 6 no hitters in Little League and 2 in Babe Ruth.

Couldn't hit my way out of a paper bag. ATROCIOUS. Probably a career .125 hitter

Went 4 for 4 in a game once in Babe Ruth and got picked off 1st all 4 times. I wasn't used to being on base

All World Little League and Babe Ruth pitcher. Had a CurveBall that Rivaled Doc Gooden.

Threw 6 no hitters in Little League and 2 in Babe Ruth.

Couldn't hit my way out of a paper bag. ATROCIOUS. Probably a career .125 hitter

Went 4 for 4 in a game once in Babe Ruth and got picked off 1st all 4 times. I wasn't used to being on base

Damn Barry, what else was in the pitch arsenal? What was the Barry heat coming in at

First game in 7th grade intercepted pitch on sweep and ran it back for a TD. Later would have scored another TD on a reverse but had never played on a field before and ran out of bounds in the excitement. Lost my speed after 7th and did not grow until a junior and a promising early athletic career proved a disappointment.

come on Blue when was the last time you hit a ball 300 feet? nothing like it.

Good point. True story, where I grew up the Babe Ruth league was 13,14,15 year olds there were two leagues, a 13 year old league and a 14-15 year old league, when I was 13 I hit one home run (286 to right field) and it was to opposite field. 14 and 15 I never hit another one and was playing on the same fields. JFC. But yes you're right Toby there's nothing like that feeling, getting a hold of one and just knowing it went a mile..

Damn Barry, what else was in the pitch arsenal? What was the Barry heat coming in at

In little league was 13 or 14. Heater was probably mid to high 60s but as I mentioned my Uncle Charlie was devastating. Really never knew where the heater was going. Curve was pinpoint and FILTHY. In Babe Ruth which was 15-16 the heater was probably low to mid 70s