Share your accomplishments in the athletic arena

Sol Diabler

Dibs you like to have this as your QB

A Parade All-American and two-time Gatorade Ohio Player of the Year who came to Mizzou after a record-setting prep career which saw him break national records for passing yards (18,932), touchdown passes (219), pass completions (1,353) and total offense (22,681) ... ESPN ranked him as the nation's No. 16 quarterback prospect, as well as the No. 8 overall prospect at any position coming out of the state of Ohio for 2012 ... was also named an All-American in 2011 by Sports Illustrated, in addition to winning the title of Mr. Football in the state of Ohio in the same year ... led his team to a 42-8 record over four seasons, and Kenton finished as runners up for the D4 state championship in 2011, falling by a 48-42 score in the title game, despite Mauk's 421 yards passing and six total touchdowns ... accounted for 278 total touchdowns in his four years as a starter for Kenton ... senior season stats included: 382-of-566 passing for 5,413 yards and 68 touchdowns, to go with 1,768 rushing yards and 24 touchdowns ... as a junior, produced 5,670 passing yards and 69 touchdowns, to go with 974 rushing yards and 16 touchdowns ... as a sophomore, threw for 4,550 yards and 46 touchdowns, while adding 660 rushing yards and 11 touchdowns ... freshman season stats included: 3,309 passing yards and 36 touchdowns, with 347 rushing yards and eight touchdowns.

I have yet to have the privilege of coaching a D1 athlete. So I certainly have never coached anyone with half of the accolades of Matty Maulk.

div kids grow on trees around here.

most HS teams have at least 1 the good teams 3-4

I have coached at the lower divisions. Small schools with enrollments < than 500.

The good big schools programs here are littered with D1 talent as well. AZ definitely not at the level of an Ohio as far as talent goes though.

Matty maulk had about 70 boys in his class.

These arent big schools

We get some D1 talent at the small school level. A few kids every year.

Coached a few when I was the head coach of the allstar game a few years ago. But that doesnt really count. 1 kid was a starter at Oregon on the defensive side of the ball 2 years ago.

School that graduates 35 boys in a class sent 3 to nfl in ONE year.

20 miles from here

Now that's f'ing amazing! Wow?

You know this personally or repeating something you were told?

I went to a school for one year that was close, we had like 51 kids that graduated in the class.

We didn't have 3 guys that could draw a football, we didn't even have a team. Hoops and baseball only.

Incredible.

Guest boatboatboat

I take that back one was injured in college, he was the best of the 3

it was 35 in a class if you read. (meaning about 130 boys in HS total)

St Henry Ohio

Bobby Hoying QB Ohio State Eagles and Raiders

Jeff Hartings Penn State Pittsburgh Guard/center

Town 5 miles from St henry with about 60 boys in a class put a player in the NFL this year and will have one next year.

Its a football factory around here.

Can name 10 kids in the last decade or so who have made the NFL with in 30 miles of here NONE coming from a HS with more than 500 boys TOTAL in the whole HS.

Fuck my High sent Running backs to Purdue and Ohio State and Arkansas in a matter of about 6 years. . My whole class was 286 kids counting both boys and girls.We DRESSED 100 for football and cut to get to that number. Lifted Weights in the early 80's, that was unheard of in HS at that time. When I say lifted, I mean lifted. 75% of the team could free weight bench 150% of their body weight. In the early 80's that was unheard of. BIG GERMAN people live here. great genetics. Farm kids. Strong as a horse and damn near as smart.

Damn near every HS passing record in the country is held by a kid who graduated 35 miles from her. He had maybe 70 boys in his class.

I'll be In Findlay Ohio today where Big Ben went to HS. Maybe 1 hour from here. Once again NOT a huge school by any means

Came from a small HS in Iowa, 45 per class.......

There were roughly 350 other schools in our class A and was lucky and fortunate to be able play on great teams, as our football, basketball, track, and baseball teams all resided in the top ten rankings of those 350 or so schools, top five in foots, baskets, and track..........sad thing is, we failed to win a state championship in any of the four, still far and away the most crushing and devastating sports losses I've been a part of OR wagered on in my lifetime, this is sad, but think I've thought about this weekly since graduating HS, depressing as hell.

Was a starter in all four sports.............. good HS career, massively underachieved in basketball my senior year from an offensive standpoint, perhaps why I hate basketball to this day. :)

Guest boatboatboat

3 kids all graduating the same year.

about 35 boys in that class.

2 made NFL and the best of the lot was injured in college and didn't go on

The school its self has sent maybe 7 kids to the NFL, has I think 5 state titles. Home of Wally Post of MLB fame, and Jim Lachy . That flat out produce some athletes. Have a kid going to Michigan State this year to play basketball. 6 foot 4 TRUE point guard.

Guest boatboatboat

Pat in the state of Ohio we have 6 div in HS football based on school size.

the league most schools play in around here is called the MAC

The MAC has schools in 4 of the 6 divs that compromise the Ohio football playoff system.

the MAC has a total of 10 schools.

this year the MAC had 3 of the 6 state titles in the state of ohio.

the schools are all within 35 miles of each other

about 4 years ago the league held 4 of the states 6 titles.

We play some football here.

When these teams play you will have Team A from a town of 3000 people playing team B from a town of 2500 people the game will have 4000 people at it.

I work the pass gate at our HS basketball games, have for 20+ years. its the gate the college scouts come in to get into the game free. Once the game starts I go sit up with them in the section reserved for them. There are 2-3 college scouts at every single basketball game to look at FOOTBALL players on the court.

I'm not doubting you. I'm curious though where does all the in state talent go? OSU doesn't get most of them?

If they did you'd think they would have been better in previous years. Don't care for Meyer but if this season (and it will) improves recruiting you might get something sustainable going.

From what I know though they say Florida, California, and then Texas have more "blue-chippers" than anywhere else.

Might have changed, I haven't really investigated of late but I know it used to be true.

Guest boatboatboat
BTW it's a HS in Florida that as of the 2011 NFL kickoff had the most NFL players in the USA.

They had 8 players in the NFL of the 1695 that graced NFL opening day rosters, more than any HS in the nation.

oh the talent in Florida is much better than Ohio I know that. Specifically in the skilled positions. No doubt you are right.

Just saying for a rural farming area with very very small classes we produce more than our share.

my wife's graduating class had boys+Girls = 31

When these teams play you will have Team A from a town of 3000 people playing team B from a town of 2500 people the game will have 4000 people at it.

The three towns that were consolidated to make up our HS had populations of 489, 312, and 99 respectively........

Guessing the average home attendance for our home football games was roughly 1500-2500 and many a night the weather was bad to downright almost unbearable a couple times........from some of the attendance I witnessed at some bowl games this year, we had more fans at a Class A football game in Iowa, LOL

oh the talent in Florida is much better than Ohio I know that. Specifically in the skilled positions. No doubt you are right.

Just saying for a rural farming area with very very small classes we produce more than our share.

my wife's graduating class had boys+Girls = 31

I believe it. Certainly sounds like it.

OSU (although a college) rolled out a pretty good 3rd string QB this year, LOL.

I wonder if weather plays a factor in all this?