Bitcoin

IAG

Be careful what you read. You have no idea if those guys are in on the pump and dump. They could easily be getting paid to hype up certain coins. If I have time later, I'll show you how much actual development has been done on EOS. It may continue to go up because like I said, the market is completely irrational right now.

EOS right now is purely ETH tokens. It doesn't even have its own blockchain. Why is the ETH killer completely reliant on ETH right now? These are questions people SHOULD be asking.

From the EOS website:

"The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform."

Those tokens are worthless.

If I had no morals, I'd create a new CR company, start my own crypto, make all kinds of insane promises, and cash in on some of this insanity without having to deliver much of anything. That's exactly what some of these people are doing. Nobody seems to have caught on yet though.

A guy named Dan Larimer is head of the team and has had successful projects Bitshares and Steem. I have seen arguments back-and-forth as I quickly scan quickly now, and don’t understand the technology enough to know myself so I have to trust those I trust,

https://www.reddit.com/r/eos/comments/7iwv2p/is_eos_going_to_slay_ethereum/

The reddit people Iare not who I am afraid to but I don’t remember which person I follow promoted it. Just saw that now...

Personally, Just by the rep of the team I don’t think it’s some boiler room operation scam.

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A guy named Dan Larimer is head of the team and has had successful projects Bitshares and Steem. I have seen arguments back-and-forth as I quickly scan quickly now, and don’t understand the technology enough to know myself so I have to trust those I trust,

https://www.reddit.com/r/eos/comments/7iwv2p/is_eos_going_to_slay_ethereum/

The reddit people Iare not who I am afraid to but I don’t remember which person I follow promoted it. Just saw that now...

Personally, Just by the rep of the team I don’t think it’s some boiler room operation scam.

Bernie Madoff had an excellent reputation too.

What reasons would those be, IAG?

Good God. I have more important things to do than to be looking at then the background of a company I have very little invested in. I’m not emotionally attached to it. You want to argue about it go on Reddit. All the top coins are going up in the creek marketplace. It’s got stuff going on in 2018 and it’s cheap. I diversify as much as possible. That’s the extent of it. It’s worked very well.

Good God. I have more important things to do than to be looking at then the background of a company I have very little invested in. I’m not emotionally attached to it. You want to argue about it go on Reddit. All the top coins are going up in the creek marketplace. It’s got stuff going on in 2018 and it’s cheap. I diversify as much as possible. That’s the extent of it. It’s worked very well.

Ok. I'm going to stop trying to help.

You have it all figured out

Good luck.

https://www.quora.com/Why-are-US-citizens-not-allowed-to-participate-in-Ethereum-ICOs-such-as-Status-im-and-others-Why-are-we-blocked

Doesn’t look fishy to me. If you are legitimately trying to help then thank you, but again I don’t have that much vested interest in it...have to concentrate on the top 10 right now.

But if you would like to speak to the US restriction conspiracy please do. I’m curious now.

I don’t have it all figured out by any means, but what I’m saying is it’s not that important to me right now. Right now trying to track down my Bcash.

Here is the biggest question, IAG:

What does an EOS ERC20 (i.e. ETH) token get you?  What can it be used for?

This is what the EOS website says:

"The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform."

They also say that they won't ever create a public blockchain...  "block.one is building the EOS.IO Software but it will not configure and/or launch any public blockchain platform adopting the open source EOS.IO Software (the “EOS Platform”).  Any launch of an EOS Platform will occur by members of the community unrelated to block.one."

So, what incentive would anyone have to create a public EOS blockchain (assuming that block.one ever completes development) and give any rewards/benefits to ERC20 (again, ETH) token holders?  Block.one should have some incentive just as gratitude for funding the development, but they aren't going to launch their own software.

iag, this is from me, without any monetary incentive to steer you wrong and without any bitterness because i've made a lot of money because of cryptocurrencies.

i think you have gotten overly skeptical of advice... because much of it comes from "bitcoin is fraud" types and bitter types that missed opportunities, etc.

me and monkey have both made money off of crypto's and would only tell you to steer away from something if we thought it was a total scam, or in my case i've told people to sell 1/2, 1/4, whatever, so that they will still have some exposure but will have gotten their investment back.

i have been actively trading stocks for 26 years and will give you honest opinions, so when i see something like riot as a total pump and dump i will tell you... and i don't know monkey but i have read enough of his stuff to know that he is objective and knowledgeable on the crypto side, so if he tells you a coin/ico is going to be worthless i would bet on his side rather than against his side.

we are all lucky to have iag and monkey on the forum by the way

:cheers

iag, this is from me, without any monetary incentive to steer you wrong and without any bitterness because i've made a lot of money because of cryptocurrencies.

i think you have gotten overly skeptical of advice... because much of it comes from "bitcoin is fraud" types and bitter types that missed opportunities, etc.

me and monkey have both made money off of crypto's and would only tell you to steer away from something if we thought it was a total scam, or in my case i've told people to sell 1/2, 1/4, whatever, so that they will still have some exposure but will have gotten their investment back.

i have been actively trading stocks for 26 years and will give you honest opinions, so when i see something like riot as a total pump and dump i will tell you... and i don't know monkey but i have read enough of his stuff to know that he is objective and knowledgeable on the crypto side, so if he tells you a coin/ico is going to be worthless i would bet on his side rather than against his side.

we are all lucky to have iag and monkey on the forum by the way

i would like to point out something related to GBTC... at some point not only should the premium disappear, but it should trade at a discount to the underlying asset value.

the reason for that is if i hold 1 bitcoin, 10 years from now i still have 1 bitcoin.  if i have the equivalent in gbtc, 10 years from now i have about 0.8 bitcoin because they take a 2% fee every year.

i would like to point out something related to GBTC... at some point not only should the premium disappear, but it should trade at a discount to the underlying asset value.

the reason for that is if i hold 1 bitcoin, 10 years from now i still have 1 bitcoin.  if i have the equivalent in gbtc, 10 years from now i have about 0.8 bitcoin because they take a 2% fee every year.

Unfortunately, you can' short GBTC and buy an equivalent amount of Bitcoin to take advantage of this......

Unfortunately, you can' short GBTC and buy an equivalent amount of Bitcoin to take advantage of this......

people have been shorting gbtc... the problem with that is over a long-term horizon you could be forced to buy borrowed shares, or they could really jack up the interest charges

http://www.otcmarkets.com/stock/GBTC/short-sales

Strange. I have an account at Merrill Lynch and they did not allow me to do so.

back when i was shorting stocks after they declared bankruptcy, there were a couple that only wells fargo let me do, for some reason etrade/ameritrade wouldn't allow it on certain stocks

then i remember wells fargo/wachovia making me buy kmart to cover somewhere around .05 and it pissed me off even though i made 95%  :laugh