Bitcoin

IAG

Im about to move all of my coins from electrum to a different wallet so that I can try to get the bitcoin cash and bitcoin gold out of my account. I hope I dont fuck something up.

Damn George. Marty said it wasn’t as hard as I think, but I haven’t done it yet....how did it go?

• Replies 438
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

yeah i totally agree about the crypto currencies, but riot is not a crypto currency

do what you want, i'm just telling you that RIOT is eventually worthless because it's run by scammers... no normal company has 1 day trading volume of 4x the shares outstanding, that means on average, every share traded back and forth 4 times today :laugh

I know, but like I said, it has blockchain in name so may have a bit left in it. Perhaps you overestimate the new investor class. I’ll look at it. Maybe I’ll take my $9.00 gain per share in two days and run.

So I talked to an old poster friend of mine today. I had told him about btv a few months ago but he is now considering it just mildly. I asked him how many normal people in the real world know about it, and he said almost everybody knows about bitcoin now. Is this really true? I have no idea.

I heard a percentage that 40 percent of people knew that BTC was a month ago and I refused to believe that. After the last month it’s probably hard to ignore, but I have a feeling there are still friends of mine that I could call that would have no idea. I want to call the friends that I preached to in July in Denver but it would be bad form. Not so much to say I told you so, but I’m curious if they have heard of it now.

Those of you with jobs outside the home, are people at the water cooler talking about bitcoin? I’ve been watching CNBC and that’s all they talk about, so I don’t know how much other news coverage is going on.

Market cap still growing tho!

A lot of people get paid on the 15th which is also a Friday, another common payday. I wonder how much of those paychecks are going into cryptos, or if they will all be going towards Christmas.

the money going into crypto's is mostly millenials

they put in $20 or $100 at a time

for people over 30 years old, i would guess maybe 1 out of 50 owns bitcoin

the money going into crypto's is mostly millenials

they put in $20 or $100 at a time

for people over 30 years old, i would guess maybe 1 out of 50 owns bitcoin

I just texted friend in Denver asked if He had heard about BTC yet and he started explaining it to me . I was like no, I mean like have you heard about it yet because I was telling you about it four months ago...didn’t want to rub it in, also didn’t want him trying to explain it to me.

These markets are completely irrational right now. 99.9% of the people buying cryptos have no idea what they're buying. They don't understand the tech behind it. If a coin is rising in price, they think it has potential.

I mentioned something about EOS on Peeps. Looks like a total boiler room scam. The kind of company that used to scam old people out of money in the stock market.

Some of this stuff is going to get ugly. Really ugly down the road.

These markets are completely irrational right now. 99.9% of the people buying cryptos have no idea what they're buying. They don't understand the tech behind it. If a coin is rising in price, they think it has potential.

I mentioned something about EOS on Peeps. Looks like a total boiler room scam. The kind of company that used to scam old people out of money in the stock market.

Some of this stuff is going to get ugly. Really ugly down the road.

in the past 2 weeks i've had at least 8-10 people ask me how to buy bitcoin... probably more than in the past 5 years combined

still room to run with these people getting in, but as you said there's so many scams out there, from RIOT to ICO's to wallets run by thieves, etc

These markets are completely irrational right now. 99.9% of the people buying cryptos have no idea what they're buying. They don't understand the tech behind it. If it's rising in price, they think it has potential.

This stuff is going to get ugly. Really ugly.

Ha..I’ve owned EOS or a while ...some call it the Ethereum killer. I don’t have a whole lot of it but I do own it...bought it at a dollar and change or so and bought more this morning..lol. Thing is that you could pretty much throw a dart at any of the top ones and make stupid money right now. I would have to go over my notes but I thought Eos had a pretty solid rep. I agree on not understanding...I don’t understand most of of the tech behind BTC, much less all the alts, but I trust people who do.

RIOT on the Buyer’s Beware right now on CNBC. Novagratz says may hit 40k in next 3 months, Sounds ridiculous but defies reason.

Ha..I’ve owned EOS or a while ...some call it the Ethereum killer. I don’t have a whole lot of it but I do own it...bought it at a dollar and change or so and bought more this morning..lol. Thing is that you could pretty much throw a dart at any of the top ones and make stupid money right now. I would have to go over my notes but I thought Eos had a pretty solid rep. I agree on not understanding...I don’t understand most of of the tech behind BTC, much less all the alts, but I trust people who do.

RIOT on the Buyer’s Beware right now lol.

trading at 25.65 as i type

the good thing about riot is there are options so i was able to take a leveraged short position with very little risk ... i would never just sell a stock short, that has no leverage and huge risk

I read an article where people are taking out mortgage loans to buy bitcoin.

Maybe it goes up.. probably does since I sold most of mine

but fukk when it goes up 100% in a week and a half, I got to take those profits

At least you kept some it sounds like.

Never saw I would live to see the day when Ripple hit $.38....at least not soon.

trading at 25.65 as i type

the good thing about riot is there are options so i was able to take a leveraged short position with very little risk ... i would never just sell a stock short, that has no leverage and huge risk

I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to get my bit coin cash distribution from grayscale. I think it’s cash. Will that just show up in my Ameritrade account you think? Supposed to be today.

I’m trying to figure out how I’m supposed to get my bit coin cash distribution from grayscale. I think it’s cash. Will that just show up in my Ameritrade account you think? Supposed to be today.

did they announce a payment date?

sorry i'm not at my computer... whatever the payment date is, that should be when the payment goes into your ameritrade account, just like a dividend you don't do anything

did they announce a payment date?

sorry i'm not at my computer... whatever the payment date is, that should be when the payment goes into your ameritrade account, just like a dividend you don't do anything

Yeah. It was supposed to be today to shareholders of record on Nov 6. Not there. I wouldn’t have screwed myself by selling original shares last week right? As long as I was owner on the record date? I guess I can call Ameritrade.

Damn George. Marty said it wasn’t as hard as I think, but I haven’t done it yet....how did it go?

Actually having an issue. I used to have the coins in multibithd when the bcc fork happened. The software kept giving me wrong password even if I retrieved the wallet or uninstalled/reinstalled the wallet. Isaw that the company stopped providing support and I read on a forum how to move the money out of there which I did several months ago but now I can't login to retrieve the keys for the bcc

Actually having an issue. I used to have the coins in multibithd when the bcc fork happened. The software kept giving me wrong password even if I retrieved the wallet or uninstalled/reinstalled the wallet. Isaw that the company stopped providing support and I read on a forum how to move the money out of there which I did several months ago but now I can't login to retrieve the keys for the bcc

Oh fok. Out of my league. I would leave that shit to a professional if you had any number of BTC on there at fork time. You will also want your Bitcoin Gold. BCH at $1600 each and will rise I’m sure...probably worth the money to have someone who knows what they are doing. I’m not familiar with multibithd.

Hopefully monkey or Monitor or Rito types can help you.. Good luck.

RIOT on the Buyer’s Beware right now on CNBC. Novagratz says may hit 40k in next 3 months, Sounds ridiculous but defies reason.

Be careful what you read. You have no idea if those guys are in on the pump and dump. They could easily be getting paid to hype up certain coins. If I have time later, I'll show you how much actual development has been done on EOS. It may continue to go up because like I said, the market is completely irrational right now.

EOS right now is purely ETH tokens. It doesn't even have its own blockchain. Why is the ETH killer completely reliant on ETH right now? These are questions people SHOULD be asking.

From the EOS website:

"The EOS Tokens do not have any rights, uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features, express or implied, including, without limitation, any uses, purpose, attributes, functionalities or features on the EOS Platform."

Those tokens are worthless.

If I had no morals, I'd create a new CR company, start my own crypto, make all kinds of insane promises, and cash in on some of this insanity without having to deliver much of anything. That's exactly what some of these people are doing. Nobody seems to have caught on yet though.

Oh fok. Out of my league. I would leave that shit to a professional if you had any number of BTC on there at fork time. You will also want your Bitcoin Gold. BCH at $1600 each and will rise I’m sure...probably worth the money to have someone who knows what they are doing. I’m not familiar with multibithd.

Hopefully monkey or Monitor or Rito types can help you.. Good luck.

Yes trying to figure that out. Im thinking of going to England to ask the parent company that bought them as a last resort in case I can't figure it out.