1. 1. Do you want stricter gun laws

• Yes
    • No
    • Unsure at this time but will keep an open mind

• Replies 564
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Stricter gun laws wont change anything...its a white privilege upper/middle class societal issue that no one is willing to address for obvious reasons...

What would stricter gun laws hurt? Stricter laws won't stop all shootings but they would begin to change a mindset. There will be more and more guys like boat who will change their stance on the issue.

What would stricter gun laws hurt? Stricter laws won't stop all shootings but they would begin to change a mindset. There will be more and more guys like boat who will change their stance on the issue.

my only problem with stricter gun laws is the bad guys that already have them will feel that much more powerful. I own 3 handguns, 3 shotguns, and 2 rifles but never felt the need to get an assault rifle. Would not mind if they restricted sales on them.

Boat changed his mind before you did.  He's been saying the same thing from before Trump was elected.  He has every right to be angry.  This shit is pathetic.

Was the reason you changed your mind that it was Florida teenagers killed this time and not 6 year olds in Connecticut who were killed by a mentally disturbed young man with a Bushmaster XM15-E2S?  Not enough traction with the murder of first graders?

The gun the Florida killer used can shoot through a steel helmet at 500 yards.  Good luck with lightly trained teachers armed with handguns attacking a person with an AR-15 and wearing things like body armor (because this shit just tends to escalate).  When I lived in Vegas I could have gotten a level III vest for $150. We going to have assault weapon shootouts in junior highs in 5 years?

Also lol at the libtard attention whore who doesn't even own a gun and knows nothing about guns coming in here to try to fuck up an argument between Boat and MF.  Teddy, it would be more useful if you could just be a meat shield at the next attack.  TIA.

my only problem with stricter gun laws is the bad guys that already have them will feel that much more powerful. I own 3 handguns, 3 shotguns, and 2 rifles but never felt the need to get an assault rifle. Would not mind if they restricted sales on them.

What do you think it would prevent, Brick?

Will you be willing to give all of those up when WVU-types come asking for them next (because they will when people start using shotguns and handguns to inflict the same damage)?

Boat changed his mind before you did.  He's been saying the same thing from before Trump was elected.  He has every right to be angry.  This shit is pathetic.

Was the reason you changed your mind that it was Florida teenagers killed this time and not 6 year olds in Connecticut who were killed by a mentally disturbed young man with a Bushmaster XM15-E2S?  Not enough traction with the murder of first graders?

The gun the Florida killer used can shoot through a steel helmet at 500 yards.  Good luck with lightly trained teachers armed with handguns attacking a person with an AR-15 and wearing things like body armor (because this shit just tends to escalate).  When I lived in Vegas I could have gotten a level III vest for $150. We going to have assault weapon shootouts in junior highs in 5 years?

Also lol at the libtard attention whore who doesn't even own a gun and knows nothing about guns coming in here to try to fuck up an argument between Boat and MF.  Teddy, it would be more useful if you could just be a meat shield at the next attack.  TIA.

I was always for gun control. I didn't change my mind. But there will be more and more that will.

Fair trade off...how many bad guy that already have guns illegally are shooting up children in school or concerts. If i recall most of these are by "good guys" who buy guys legally....

I can't tell you what to do about guns....but I can tell you this...

IF WE DON"T HAVE BETTER PARENTING IN THIS COUNTRY WE ARE ALL FUCKED

No shit, notice there's lots and lots of outrage, aimed directly at guns, the police, Trump, the FBI, but I dont hear 1 kid, 1 parent, talking about the Killer...why did he do it, what drove him to do it, why target your classmates, was he on medication, why didn't the other kids who knew he was crazy say anything, how was he raised?

Did you hear he supposedly just inherited something like 800K, so he wasn't poor and underprivileged , so it's not his parents/stepparents, it's not his fellow students, it's not the education system(snowflake syndrome), naah, we'll blame it on everything but that.

What do you think it would prevent, Brick?

Will you be willing to give all of those up when WVU-types come asking for them next (because they will when people start using shotguns and handguns to inflict the same damage)?

dont think it would prevent anything, and mimick your thoughts on most of what was said in this thread. Just as much damage can be done with a shotgun and couple handguns as with an ar inside the walls of a school.

Not sure I could give up my gu s without a fight. I’m guessing South Dakota would not be the first state they try to do something like that so would probably have a chance to see how it plays out in the rest of the country first.

Keep in mind these ar-15's are not automatic weapons, they dont fire any quicker than you can shoot a handgun, it's one squeeze 1 bullet, they're choosing to use "assault weapons" because they look cool(and everyone else is). The vegas shooter was the only one where rifiles were a clear advantage. If you could miraculously ban assault rifles, they'd go back to using good, old fashioned handguns.

Who gets hurt if assault rifles are banned, brick? Why resist banning something like that? So what if other guns could also kill. They can't kill as quickly or as efficiently which is why our military uses them.

i said before I have no problem with assault rifles being banned. Most of my buddies own them because they like to go out shooting and just Incase shit ever hits the fan. If our military did all of its fighting inside schools you would probably see a lot more pistol and rpg usage than assault rifles.

Who gets hurt if assault rifles are banned, brick? Why resist banning something like that? So what if other guns could also kill. They can't kill as quickly or as efficiently which is why our military uses them.

Sure.  Let's ban red onions and SUV's while we're at it.  Both will be just as effective at stopping school shootings.  You want to take away someone else's right to protect themselves without caring if it has positive effects or not.

The assault weapons ban was already tried.  It did nothing to stop Columbine.