OT: Any Chess Players here?

Machiavelli

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Got to play 3 games with VD at 10mins/game. 

Game 1 was pretty good back n forth some until he cleverly used his Horse to nab my Q and then he eventually took it

Game 2 was an early fuckup by me in relation to his outstanding Horse play again and so he took me fairly easily

Game 3 was a much better game and he would end up beating me on Time when my clock ran out. I got a Q late and ended with me having a Q and I think one pawn to his Rook and like 3 pawns. ANother minute of game play and I think I could've maneuvered my King so that the next time I put him in Check would've been a Mate. But credit to him for moving quickly and making me use my clock to allow him to be in great position. 

Damn. That makes me 1-6 v Moldy/VD. Mostly all close games but still......not doing Harvard any respect here with these finishes!

Third game was much better...to be fair, I am rated 1285....Mach was at 1000.....

Third game was much better...to be fair, I am rated 1285....Mach was at 1000.....

Well...I barely started playing on there. And have only played you, Moldy and one other person since I got stuck playing a Lightning game while trying to send out games haha

I am just glad to have some regular, savvy players to play against since lately I've only played my bro and a friend who aren't too good and thus, allowed me to think I was much better than I am! Ha. 

But.....y'all are good and are forcing me to up my game. I play to my competition, so gotta take my knocks and step up to challenge. Just glad I gave you a much better game at the end there and hope to keep sharpening up as I play y'all more. 

It's fun. 

You tell it....will be the first I heard of it....we can all laugh....

First you have heard of it?  

:scratch

Don't feel bad, Mach. You're playing against a legend. Guy ran Bookmaker for a couple of weeks after busting out of jail for Bookmaking in the Dominican.

Look up the 60 Minutes story of The Cigar. That was VDs main man.

Don't feel bad, Mach. You're playing against a legend. Guy ran Bookmaker for a couple of weeks after busting out of jail for Bookmaking in the Dominican.

Look up the 60 Minutes story of The Cigar. That was VDs main man.

I have had the pleasure of working for the Cigar and the guy from GRANDE most of my years in the business...and worked for the biggest scumbags in the business for one year at BetUs.com...30 years in the business, I do have stories...

And then when VD was in prison, they started betting on Backgammon...

I'll stop there. Hahaha.

That is not true...never played backgammon in prison....don’t know where you heard that....we did bet sports, shoot pool, played cards, and played ping pong....wasn’t until several years later that I played the Cigar in backgammon...