OT: Any Chess Players here?

Machiavelli

Caught a bunch of grief back in high school when I missed wrestling practice for a chess match after school...Nowadays I play just to keep my mind sharp...there are a few here that can kick my ass but not many...would relish the opportunity to play Marty and Slim....

Leaving for Thailand tomorrow so it will have to be late next week...

• Replies 468
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Good thing I was busy earlier and avoided the IAG beatdown, too hahahaha

But I am down to play her or anyone. 

I made some mistakes in the timed games and have to be more cognizant of them. I at least showed VD in game 3 that I could make adjustments to him and hang. 

I'll eventually do the same to Slim, but dude is very sharp and fast. He must be the Floyd because his counters are epic.

Very sharp and smart people here and gotta be 100% on the game or they'll humble ya. 

Do it, slim.

http://chess-bot.com

Didn't really read the details but in general it's easy to tell if someone's using a computer. With an actual bot it's probably even easier to detect: the bot will take almost the exact amount of time between moves, regardless of the difficulty of the position. But if we were to have played for money I would've insisted on a faster time control, like 3 0 at least.

Dingo just beat me 4 out of 5 lol....but he’s very good.

I am about to eat but if you're around in like an hour (or a tad less) and feel like playing some more, perhaps we can play a bit. 

Either way, chess is fun. It's a thinking game and you can get a read on how people think based on how they play. 

With these sharks, you just cannot make a mistake or you're fucked but they teach one a lot by getting humbled for sure.

I am about to eat but if you're around in like an hour (or a tad less) and feel like playing some more, perhaps we can play a bit. 

Either way, chess is fun. It's a thinking game and you can get a read on how people think based on how they play. 

With these sharks, you just cannot make a mistake or you're fucked but they teach one a lot by getting humbled for sure.

Sounds good.