Do you believe the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh?

WVU

sexual assault?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did the sexual assault happen in your opinion?

• Yes
    • No
    • on the fence

I'm having a hard time getting a grasp on why you supported and voted Trump? You didn't support the birther movement. You probably didn't support that he stole hundreds of millions from US students. Was it that you didn't believe the 18 women that accused him of sexual assault. Just can't figure out why you voted for him.

And yes I'm paying attention. I now see you're wavering on Kavanaugh just because the Far Right is trafficking their typical smears, attacks, lies, false rhetoric against the good doctor. The stories of what the ex boyfriend said will turn out to be lies. All the negative rhetoric that Merlin is spreading about the good doctor are lies. Just evil behavior. That's why I mentioned easily brainwash. You should have stuck to your original convictions.

Wavering on Kavanaugh? WAVERING on Kavanaugh? Where on earth are you getting this from? My ORIGINAL conviction was to give him the presumption. Ever since the hearing, or shortly before, I have been steadfast in saying the guy is a douchebag who has no place on the court. Not sure what you are reading.

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Not really. Didn’t know him before... I know he goes overboard in one direction, but believe everyone has the right to their opinion obviously. But when one becomes so one sided that anyone who disagrees, then goes from “sharp” to “brainwashed,” they will inevitably lose my respect.

He thought I was someone else apparently because I agreed on Kavanaugh, but apparently because I voted for Trump, I lose any and all credibility with regard to anything. Guy doesn’t even know if I still support Trump.

IAG, I know you don't like Trump. I know you don't like Kavanaugh. But please admit you made post yesterday that indicated you had some doubt about Dr. Ford's credibility? Did it have anything to do with the Right Wing attacks on Dr. Ford? We know who the liar is! And it's not Dr. Ford or Debbie Ramirez.

For the life of me I don't understand why you voted for Trump? Conservatism policy today is  all about pro-rich and pro-corporations with gun/NRA expansion and anti abortion in the back ground. 

I sincerely apologize for the brainwash comment, it came across wrong. I didn't have bad or mean intentions. I hope you understand that. Like I said I was disappointed that you were wavering about Dr. Ford. You're a good handicapper. I was wrong to make the comment. Sorry again! 

Big Runner already conceded this a couple of pages back. 

This case is closed and about to be wrapped up by the Senate this week. 

We should start another thread for a political catch-all conversation.

Yeah I didn’t read all that. Was out looking at lamps.

IAG, I know you don't like Trump. I know you don't like Kavanaugh. But please admit you made post yesterday that indicated you had some doubt about Dr. Ford's credibility? Did it have anything to do with the Right Wing attacks on Dr. Ford? We know who the liar is! And it's not Dr. Ford or Debbie Ramirez.

For the life of me I don't understand why you voted for Trump? Conservatism policy today is  all about pro-rich and pro-corporations with gun/NRA expansion and anti abortion in the back ground. 

I sincerely apologize for the brainwash comment, it came across wrong. I didn't have bad or mean intentions. I hope you understand that. Like I said I was disappointed that you were wavering about Dr. Ford. You're a good handicapper. I was wrong to make the comment. Sorry again!

Show it to me. I have never wavered. I have said that my dislike of Kavanaugh was based on lies and temperament, not a position of the guilt or innocence in the attack. Do I believe he could have done it? Absolutely. But I don’t have to even get that far to determine I don’t want him anywhere near the bench.

Really interested to see the post where I questioned her credibility. I remember typing “interesting” with regard to something that came up last night....about the doors I think it was. Or maybe joking today about MK Ultra? I really have no idea. My stance is as it has been since the hearing. I don’t know if he was sexually assaulted her. I think it’s possible. Doesn’t even matter ...he shouldn’t be on the court.

If she wants to pursue a criminal charge and or a civil charge, then that matter can be debated. Shouldn’t even get that far.

Thanks Joey. I was in debate for five years and judged debate for years after, so that so it’s ingrained in me to try to look at things objectively, based solely on the arguments. Sometimes I do tune out things that give me cognitive dissonance (Trump) but I do try.

These hearings have definitely caused need for self examination, since I was a Trump supporter, knowing he has a less than a close relationship with the truth. I never gave a shit about Stormy Daniels for example. I’m not sure why Kavanaugh disturbs me so much. It was never about the assault, as that was never proven). It was his belligerence and sense of entitlement mostly in the hearing I guess. Maybe it’s that it is lifetime appointment , or the belief he’s too partisan as evidenced in his opening speech. Maybe he reminds me too much of one particularly entitled asshole jock in high school.

These new revelations about Dr. Ford are interesting. Since his nomination never hinged on the assault issue for me (inconclusive) I’m not sure it’s a dealbreaker in my mind,... Too bad Rockets isn’t here. He would be saying she is MK Ultra, and that would make sense to conspiracy IAG!

Here's one of your post and like you said there's another with one word "Interesting". But your good, I was wrong.  Actually we're on the same page about Kavanaugh. It's not about the sexual allegations it's a bunch of other stuff  that you and I find disqualifying.

Just a horrible choice by Trump. But I hope you agree that the Dem's had all the right to go after him. But they didn't do it by manufacturing dirt, like WVU claims. And they didn't  go after Neil Gorsuch, like WVU claims. But they will oppose Amy B. because of her hard line anti abortion ideology and Merrick Garland.  But their opposition will not involve manufactured dirt.

Here's one of your post and like you said there's another with one word "Interesting". But your good, I was wrong.  Actually we're on the same page about Kavanaugh. It's not about the sexual allegations it's a bunch of other stuff  that you and I find disqualifying.

Just a horrible choice by Trump. And the Democrats had all the right to go after him. But they didn't do it by manufacturing dirt, like WVU claims. And they didn't  go after Neil Gorsuch, like WVU claims. But they will oppose Amy B. because of her hard line anti abortion ideology and Merrick Garland.  But their opposition will not involve manufactured dirt.

I find it ironic that Trump having a somewhat anti-alcohol stance is fine wth all of this..or pretending to be. Kind of hard to believe Trump has never had a beer! Like he himself said...”can you imagine if I did?”

I find it ironic that Trump having a somewhat anti-alcohol stance is fine wth all of this..or pretending to be. Kind of hard to believe Trump has never had a beer! Like he himself said...”can you imagine if I did?”

I saw an interview where he said his older brother had a big influence on him. Donald really looked up to him and though he was a great person.  I believe the brother's name was Fred Trump Jr. and Donald say he was a bad alcoholic and he died from Alcoholism. It really hit Donald hard and he knew then he would never drink alcohol.

I saw an interview where he said his older brother had a big influence on him. Donald really looked up to him and though he was a great person.  I believe the brother's name was Fred Trump Jr. and Donald say he was a bad alcoholic and he died from Alcoholism. It really hit Donald hard and he knew then he would never drink alcohol.

Yep...also has said never wanted to lose his inhibitions and be at a disadvantage in negotiating. And yes...his brother Freddy died from alcoholism (I think) at a relatively young age.

Breaking news, a democratic staffer working for Sheila jackson lee has been arrested by the FBI for Doxxing the addresses and phone #'s of several republican senators last week.

Also several new polls are showing huge gains in enthusiasm among republicans for the midterms, with across the board gains for republican senatorial candidates(heitcamp now -13), this is why we want Kavanaugh to go down, we need collins and murkowski to vote no.

Big Runner already conceded this a couple of pages back. 

This case is closed and about to be wrapped up by the Senate this week. 

We should start another thread for a political catch-all conversation.

It's a fixed investigation.  They don't want to find anything.   This has been in the bag from the beginning.   The drunken rapist is on the SCOTUS for life, and like so much else going on, America is far worse for it.  

So he's a drunken rapist despite no evidence or corroboration?

It's labeling like that which makes Reps want this pushed through. 

I'd have no prob of him being withdrawn and actually criminally charged/prosecuted if there were evidence to suggest he was a 'drunken rapist.'

But....seems like there isn't room for fairness on the other side. 

So he's a drunken rapist despite no evidence or corroboration?

It's labeling like that which makes Reps want this pushed through. 

I'd have no prob of him being withdrawn and actually criminally charged/prosecuted if there were evidence to suggest he was a 'drunken rapist.'

But....seems like there isn't room for fairness on the other side. 

There's plenty of evidence that he was a blackout drunk, and a liar, and Dr Ford and others claim he's a rapist.   She passed a lie detector test.   So far, he hasn't even taken one.   They are not doing an investigation.    That's pretty clear.   They're not being allowed to.   Isn't that the least bit troubling to you?   

Please spare me, or anyone with a brain, on labelling.   I guess you weren't paying attention from 2008-2016.  

There's plenty of evidence that he was a blackout drunk, and a liar, and Dr Ford and others claim he's a rapist.   She passed a lie detector test.   So far, he hasn't even taken one.   They are not doing an investigation.    That's pretty clear.   They're not being allowed to.   Isn't that the least bit troubling to you?   

Please spare me, or anyone with a brain, on labelling.   I guess you weren't paying attention from 2008-2016.  

I was the happiest Obama guy during 2008-16 and hated with a passion the Reps being a 'do nothing' Congress, actually. 

And.......she can file a criminal charge. As can the others. 

If they do that, then by all means, suspend the vote and let the investigation go as long as necessary. 

However, this has only been about delay. Otherwise, DF would've found a way to release the info much, much sooner than at the 11th hour.

Who did he rape? No one, not one of these women ever said he raped anyone. her lie detector test consisted of 2 questions, that means it's fake, the committee asked to see the test results, she wouldn't provide them, they asked to see her therapist notes, she wouldn't provide them. Doesn't sound like her and her lawyers really want in investigation.

We did have that one damning statement that he was seen by the punch, with a red cup in his hand.That is proof to some people.

I was the happiest Obama guy during 2008-16 and hated with a passion the Reps being a 'do nothing' Congress, actually. 

And.......she can file a criminal charge. As can the others. 

If they do that, then by all means, suspend the vote and let the investigation go as long as necessary. 

However, this has only been about delay. Otherwise, DF would've found a way to release the info much, much sooner than at the 11th hour.

Ford was resisting release, she really didn't want to do this, but finally was convinced to at the "11th hour".   We see why she, and so many victims of this type crime, don't want to come forward in a public case.   They are dragged through the mud, threatened, their lives are destroyed.  I hope she does file a criminal charge, but certainly understand if she doesn't want to be involved with this crooked, disgusting system anymore, where she's treated like the victim, and the perp gets off scott free.    

Who did he rape? No one, not one of these women ever said he raped anyone. her lie detector test consisted of 2 questions, that means it's fake, the committee asked to see the test results, she wouldn't provide them, they asked to see her therapist notes, she wouldn't provide them. Doesn't sound like her and her lawyers really want in investigation.

We did have that one damning statement that he was seen by the punch, with a red cup in his hand.That is proof to some people.

Just another Merlin lie:   https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/409760-attorneys-for-kavanaugh-accuser-fbi-will-receive-therapy-notes-if-it-agrees

Ford was resisting release, she really didn't want to do this, but finally was convinced to at the "11th hour".   We see why she, and so many victims of this type crime, don't want to come forward in a public case.   They are dragged through the mud, threatened, their lives are destroyed.  I hope she does file a criminal charge, but certainly understand if she doesn't want to be involved with this crooked, disgusting system anymore, where she's treated like the victim, and the perp gets off scott free.    

I hate to break it to you, but if you want to file charges you have to be able to say what happened, when it happened, and where it happened, it's a political hit job, I doubt anything ever happened to her by anyone.

i wouldn't get too discouraged, collins, flake and murkowski could still vote no, I hope they do.