Do you believe the sexual assault allegations against Kavanaugh?

WVU

sexual assault?  

39 members have voted

1. 1. Did the sexual assault happen in your opinion?

• Yes
    • No
    • on the fence

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think the FBI is going to interview either of them and instead use their testimony in conjunction with whatever else they are doing. 

They should just hand over whatever is asked and stop trying to dictate the terms of everything. 

It sounds like all the senators will get is a summary of every interview that was done, no conclusions, just 302 summaries, all the democrats knew that too when they pretended they wanted an investigation.

I don't think the FBI is going to interview either of them and instead use their testimony in conjunction with whatever else they are doing. 

They should just hand over whatever is asked and stop trying to dictate the terms of everything. 

She wants something other than this sham.   They want an actual investigation by the FBI, not the sham that Grassley is perpetrating:

"However, Bloomberg reported Wednesday that the FBI was not given permission to speak with Kavanaugh and Ford for its investigation. The news outlet reported that the White House felt that the two individuals had sufficient opportunity to state their cases during testimony last week before the Senate Judiciary Committee."

I hate to break it to you, but if you want to file charges you have to be able to say what happened, when it happened, and where it happened, it's a political hit job, I doubt anything ever happened to her by anyone.

i wouldn't get too discouraged, collins, flake and murkowski could still vote no, I hope they do.

Sure.  And Brock can hit a rubber band play.   Miracles do happen.  But I wouldn't count on it, when the outcome is decided before the event.  

I don't get why the White House has to grant permission on that. So I can understand being upset over that and airing such. 

But.......still comply as asked. Because then it does make them look like the unfair ones. 

They want a fair and honest investigation, including a full interview, not a sham being perpetrated by the Senate GOP.  How are they unfair when they want to provide more information, not less?       

They want a fair and honest investigation, including a full interview, not a sham being perpetrated by the Senate GOP.  How are they unfair when they want to provide more information, not less?       

If they really want fair and honest, they'll do as they're asked and comply. 

If they do not get interviewed and things are wrapped up and they feel it is unfair, they can still air their grievances. But by holding out info unless their terms are meant is silly and them trying to dictate the terms. I get that they may 'want' that, but if the feds feel something isn't necessary, then that is upon them, as they are conducting the investigation. Remember, she did testify under oath and Ms. Mitchell did a report on such already.

So...if they do truly want to provide more information, do as they're told and let the process play out. But holding out makes them look bad---even if their reasons are reasonable.

She made a written and verbal statement to congress, then all the questioning, that was her chance to give all the details, they demand an interview because they want to delay things, if they said yes she would say I'm kinda busy, how about in a week(or two).

If they really want fair and honest, they'll do as they're asked and comply. 

If they do not get interviewed and things are wrapped up and they feel it is unfair, they can still air their grievances. But by holding out info unless their terms are meant is silly and them trying to dictate the terms. I get that they may 'want' that, but if the feds feel something isn't necessary, then that is upon them, as they are conducting the investigation. Remember, she did testify under oath and Ms. Mitchell did a report on such already.

So...if they do truly want to provide more information, do as they're told and let the process play out. But holding out makes them look bad---even if their reasons are reasonable.

They only look bad to someone who is predisposed to not believe what she says.   To anyone that actually cares about honesty and transparency, they don't look bad.  Clearly the Corrupt White House is restricting things, not "the Feds".   Her side knows that it's a rigged game.  They are trying as best they can to unrig it.   They can't, it's a done deal.  

She made a written and verbal statement to congress, then all the questioning, that was her chance to give all the details, they demand an interview because they want to delay things, if they said yes she would say I'm kinda busy, how about in a week(or two).

And yet another lie.  They've had 6 days to be interviewed, within the parameters of the corrupt investigation's time frame.  The White House wouldn't and won't allow it.    

And yet another lie.  They've had 6 days to be interviewed, within the parameters of the corrupt investigation's time frame.  The White House wouldn't and won't allow it.    

When the new investigation was ordered last friday, a former FBI guy was interviewed and said that he didn't think they would talk to either one. Apparently this is normal.

Still need to comply and not give any excuses for the Reps/Feds/WhiteHouse then. 

Full compliance + a criminal complaint charge filed would go a long way towards making her case truly 'credible.'

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if in a last min desperation bid, the dems will have her file charges(probably friday), trying to delay it some more. it's all a con, they'll do anything to stop him, anything,  the american people have seen that and that's why everything is tilting the republicans way.

Wouldn't surprise me a bit if in a last min desperation bid, the dems will have her file charges(probably friday), trying to delay it some more. it's all a con, they'll do anything to stop him, anything,  the american people have seen that and that's why everything is tilting the republicans way.

What exactly is "tilting the republicans way"?   The idiot's approval rating is underwater, more Americans believe Dr Ford, and disapprove of Kavanaugh.   I guess in the Faux News bubble it is, but not in the real world.  https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/more-americans-believe-ford-than-kavanaugh-according-to-new-poll 

Keep in mind it is the responsibility of the senate judiciary committee to investigate all charges/revelations about nominees, it's supposed to be kept secret, Ford and the dems should have turned this over early on and then they would have had all of august and sept to investigate, then they would have issued a finding and all the committee members could read it (in secret) and make up their minds. that's the way it's supposed to work.

Since the goal of both the democrats and Dr ford was to derail Kavanaugh(not investigate her charges), they waited till the end for maximum publicity/impact, it's a farce.

Keep in mind it is the responsibility of the senate judiciary committee to investigate all charges/revelations about nominees, it's supposed to be kept secret, Ford and the dems should have turned this over early on and then they would have had all of august and sept to investigate, then they would have issued a finding and all the committee members could read it (in secret) and make up their minds. that's the way it's supposed to work.

Since the goal of both the democrats and Dr ford was to derail Kavanaugh(not investigate her charges), they waited till the end for maximum publicity/impact, it's a farce.

Ford didn't want to come forward, as many victims of these type of things don't.  We see now exactly why, when cretins victimize the victim, and the disgusting Idiot mocks her to laughter and applause at one of his Nazi rallies.  She had to be persuaded.   You're right, it is a farce.    

What exactly is "tilting the republicans way"?   The idiot's approval rating is underwater, more Americans believe Dr Ford, and disapprove of Kavanaugh.   I guess in the Faux News bubble it is, but not in the real world.  https://www.pbs.org/newshour/nation/more-americans-believe-ford-than-kavanaugh-according-to-new-poll 

The truth is out there if you care to find it, I do find it interesting that among my facebook friends, the ones most upset with this are women, and everyone is on Kavanaughs side. I have quite a few more female "friends" than male by the way,  alot of men my age are not on facebook.

Well I won't engage in moving the goal posts myself, so if they do comply with the feds and file criminal charges, then I'll be on the side of letting things take more time---con by them or not. 

Because then it's truly serious.

So if she files charges it's serious?  :lol  She would go down to the courthouse , they would ask the basic questions(which she cant answer), and they'll say 'sorry, cant help you"

Tomorrow the senators will read the reports, they're not supposed to even characterize them when they come out by the way, but the dems will say "such and such is very disturbing, we need more investigations", the republicans will say " nothing new", and on we go. Sounds like friday will be a cloture vote and sat is the final vote, time to get it over with.

The truth is out there if you care to find it, I do find it interesting that among my facebook friends, the ones most upset with this are women, and everyone is on Kavanaughs side. I have quite a few more female "friends" than male by the way,  alot of men my age are not on facebook.

Like I said, your bubble.   The truth is out there in the real world. 

Like I said, your bubble.   The truth is out there in the real world. 

Just check the polls, that's all you gotta do, arguing about it with me accomplishes nothing. I want kav to be voted down, if he is i think that would drag down at least 4 of the 5 or so vulnerable democrat senators. If he is approved I think it'll be ancient history by election day(a month away), the repubs might only pick up a couple.

Just check the polls, that's all you gotta do, arguing about it with me accomplishes nothing. I want kav to be voted down, if he is i think that would drag down at least 4 of the 5 or so vulnerable democrat senators. If he is approved I think it'll be ancient history by election day(a month away), the repubs might only pick up a couple.

I just presented you with the latest poll, dude.